PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy for Corsa Exhaust?

SOCRATES
01-18-2004, 03:04 AM
I know I'm not the only one interested in purchasing this exhaust. Just curious if anyone had any connections to arrange a "group buy" for this item? I'm sure we could get together more than a couple interested parties. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Cheers,
-Justyn

Black '04 H2 w/ Adventure & Luxury Packages. Mod-free for now, but not long!

SOCRATES
01-18-2004, 03:04 AM
I know I'm not the only one interested in purchasing this exhaust. Just curious if anyone had any connections to arrange a "group buy" for this item? I'm sure we could get together more than a couple interested parties. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Cheers,
-Justyn

Centerfire
01-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Do you have a source? How Much? How many units do you need to buy. Mike

SOCRATES
01-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Mike,

No, unfortunately I do not. I'm sure someone on here does though, and could set up a group buy for the fellow members on this forum. You can count me in, if so!

-J

Centerfire
01-18-2004, 07:36 PM
I was just wondering.. As we have investigated adding Corsa to our product line.. Just do not wish to add store inventory at this time.. We would be willing to do so for a small group.. YOu will need to find 5 people total wanting Corsa.. It would be below retail. I do not have specfic pricing. If you can find 4 other people email me at info@popguns.com or call at 1-877-900-4867.. I do not wish to step on Jasons toes.. If Jason sells Corsa product, I would prefer to cancel offer.

Mike

SOCRATES
01-20-2004, 07:59 PM
For anyone interested, there could be a good Group Buy going on over in the H2Fanatic forums (Hint, hint, nudge nudge). http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Cheers,
-Justyn

MMPH2
01-20-2004, 09:18 PM
I checked it out over there and the deal looks great! If someone is interested, take a look under "H2 Technical Discussion". It's well worth it!!

Centerfire
01-21-2004, 05:53 PM
I believe that string hs been deleted.

Mike

Jason
01-21-2004, 05:56 PM
I had been contacted by some "higher ups" they informed me that they were unsure whether those offering the deal were a certified Corsa reseller.

They asked for me to remove the thread and I obviously thought that was the best move. Until more information is available, I would prefer that you all actually get what is promised to you.

Regards,
Jason

SOCRATES
01-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Jason,

I posed this question to the company (Hummer-Parts.com) this afternoon just to be sure:

The response was as follows:

"WOW! This is a good one! We are a Corsa Reseller! We are a GM Dealer and you are getting the stuff right from Corsa with a factory warranty! Some people just don’t play fair."

Jason
01-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Justyn,

As mentioned earlier, this is simply what I was told by the "higher-ups." Further, they were looking into it and made a request to me. It is not a matter of me not playing fair, just accomodating a past sponsor of the site.

Regards,
Jason

HUMMERDOGG
01-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Jason-

What ever happend with Corsa being a forum sponsor? I thought I remembered them even having their own section of the forum???

-HUMMERDOGG

"Skull and Bones" Member Since 2003

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)

SOCRATES
01-21-2004, 07:38 PM
No problem, I had no idea either way. I just wanted to pass along the correct information that I obtained from the company.

Thanks,
-J

Jason
01-21-2004, 07:40 PM
H-DOGG,

They opted to stop for whatever reason, I think because they did not have the time to reply to everyone's posts. Obviously I am still in contact with them from time to time and they do intend on coming back when its "time."

Further, I really believe that they wanted to get their name out there - which was accomplished.

Regards,
Jason

89vette
01-22-2004, 12:41 PM
The prices on the group buy are the best I have seen. Corsa frowns on people selling at a discount because it globally lowers the price of the product and their competition will follow suit. The site offering the group buy is a GM dealer so they are authorized to sell the system. Friendly Chevrolet of Puyallup

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

SOCRATES
01-22-2004, 01:55 PM
It is a good thing to know that everything is legitimate. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-J

Centerfire
01-22-2004, 03:00 PM
I jsut wonder why the magic numbe "12", they are not saving anything by purchasing 12 units from Corsa, Presuming they have already reached their purchasing requirements..

Mike

Centerfire
01-22-2004, 05:45 PM
I have a little more info.. The Corsa people are not hapy with the idea of their product being "Whored out "(my words) at almost dealer pricing. Can't say as I blame them.. Short term the pricing is good for us.. Long term , Not!.. Because if a companys product loses value, dealers will not stock as readily and company goes away.

I just ordered mine from Realwheels.

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centerfire:
I jsut wonder why the magic numbe "12", they are not saving anything by purchasing 12 units from Corsa, Presuming they have already reached their purchasing requirements..

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

89vette
01-22-2004, 06:09 PM
What do you care if we can get a good price on the Corsa exhaust? By paying hundreds more what are you proving? Sounds stupid to me. Your argument about the product not being stocked as much and the company goes away is about the dumbest thing I have heard. If anything they would sell more units. Lower the price and sell less units? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I'm in business and the name of the game is buying something for as little as you possibly can and selling your product for as much as you can. The balance is to do it and still maintain customer loyalty and satisfaction. What you are seeing is capitalism in action. The very thing that makes us (Americans) unique and what enables us to purchase things like H2's. Thank God for Republicans.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

MMPH2
01-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Why does CORSA really care? They're still making their profit by selling to the dealership. And with a group-buy like this, they will sell more units to that dealership...thus = more $ for them.

The dealership is the one potentially losing on profits. However, their total profit margin on selling 12 units at this "special" price is probably the same as selling 4 units at retail. AND they show CORSA that they're selling 12 units in Feb. Most companies want to show their supplier that they're moving their product.

89vette
01-23-2004, 11:14 AM
I wonder how that group buy on the H2fanatic forum is doing?

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

SOCRATES
01-23-2004, 12:51 PM
I should know later today, as everyone is interested in knowing (including myself).

Centerfire
01-23-2004, 06:08 PM
I do not care what you can get one for. Just passing on the info gotten from Corsa. Didn't intend to get your panty's in a bunch.

Your statement confuses me. On one hand you state that being in business you want to buy as low as possible and sell for as much as you can and while keeping customer loyalty. In todays internet society I personally do not believe that customer loyalty is truely alive. Where as in the retil store front there still is some. Just look at the string of people same products that some must have at the lowest price they can find. Loyalty?

A a retailer we want to make a reasonable profit margin. When a product gets whored out ( Very low profit margin, as in the case of the Corsa deal, less then 10% markup) a retailer will look for a higher profit margined product of equal quality. Example for the most part Corsa, Borla and others are fairly equal in the public perception of quality. So if as a retailer I can only sell Corsa at a 10% markup to compete with the whores , where as I can sell another brand for a 40% mark up. Which do you think a dealer will market.. Less dealers stocking them, less the mfg. will sell.

Perhaps you next argument will be the "Walmart " mentality, the less I mark up the product the more I will sell and the more I will make. Unfortunately this is not always the case. A retailer will make more profit $$ selling one unit at 40% markup then 5-7 units at a 10% markup..Why Overhead: payroll, inventory cost of lower priced units, storage, taxes, inventory $$ sitting around. It costs the retailer more payroll $$ to handle 6-7 transactions then 1, they have more inventory $$ sitting around if they need to sell 5-7 units to equal the profit of the one other.

So if retailers shy away from the lower profit product lines, then the only stocking dealers for the mfg will be the price whores. Price whores in any industry are generaly short lived and go out of business. Yes some will survive. However a mfg. can not survive if their distribution base is to narrow. This leaves the distributors dictating to the mfg. Such as anumber of mfg who deal with Walmart found out the hard way. This is one of the reasons Corsa does not want their product line whored out. They want their dealers to push their product rather than the competitors.

I'm all for captiolism, Hell I'm a retailer in the firearms business and more recently expanding into the Truck/SUV accessory business.

The firearms business has been one of the most whored up industries for years. This was allowed to happen by the major mfg and distributors. Only recently has the industry attempted to change it. Most of the Distributors and dealers who had the give it away mentality are no longer in business
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89vette:
What do you care if we can get a good price on the Corsa exhaust? By paying hundreds more what are you proving? Sounds stupid to me. Your argument about the product not being stocked as much and the company goes away is about the dumbest thing I have heard. If anything they would sell more units. Lower the price and sell less units?
I would imagine that Corsa wishes to keep a broad distribution system for a product that is thought of as one of the highest quality products on the market. Rather then as one of the least expensive.

Again, I do not give a rats ass what you buy things for. was just passing on some the info I was given.

Ps Sorry for the spelling an drun on sentences.. I have a tendency to type the way I speak.

Mike
www.popguns.com (http://www.popguns.com)

Ahttp://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I'm in business and the name of the game is buying something for as little as you possibly can and selling your product for as much as you can. The balance is to do it and still maintain customer loyalty and satisfaction. What you are seeing is capitalism in action. The very thing that makes us (Americans) unique and what enables us to purchase things like H2's. Thank God for Republicans.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MMPH2
01-23-2004, 06:34 PM
You had me at hello...you had me at hello. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

89vette
01-23-2004, 07:29 PM
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Whoah! Did I hit a sore spot? Let's just leave it at mind your own business for both of us. Hopefully I can get my Corsa Exhaust for less. That is all I want and hopefully more people will jump on board and we will meet the 12 required. I work hard for my money and I guess unlike others I can't afford to spend more for something when I get nothing in return.

Take care

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

Centerfire
01-24-2004, 03:18 PM
NO sore spot here.. Very reasonable attitude. Nice that we can both state our opinion and move on to other things.. I ordered the sport with the dual round tips... Kept going back and forth between those and the offroad.. Still not sure I did the right thing or not. Oh well .

Mike

SOCRATES
01-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Mike,

I think you'll find the Sport exhaust to be quite "pronounced" regarding the sound. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif This is why I went with the Sport as well (no wimpy exhaust notes here) -- can't wait to get it!

Centerfire
01-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Yep always had my mind set on the "sport" I just couldn't decide on the tip.. SO with the bit of billet I have on the way for the H2, decided what the hell and get the 2 round tips.
Not sure if most can justify the extra expense for them. I know if I was as involved with off roading as a few on this site , I sure would not go with anything but the offroad configuration..

Now just a matter of waiting for the stuff to show up. Realwheels said they would try to ship them out Fri.

Mike

HHummer
01-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Don't forget that you can inexpensively order the offroad extension to temporarily replace your tips while offroading. Should be easier than removing the steps.

[This message was edited by HHummer on 01-24-04 at 06:21 PM.]

SOCRATES
01-26-2004, 02:32 PM
We still need 8 more people.. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Black '04 H2 w/ Adventure & Luxury Packages. Corsa on the way!

\"Doc\"-sqrd
01-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi compadres,

I am baffled (pardon the pun) by the myriad of exhaust systems for the H2, but have yet to see an objective performance comparison that would make me "jump" for one system over the others. Is their a review of exhaust systems that I should refer to in order to narrow down the field? Why the "excitement" over the Corsa system? Or, are there complaints about any of the other systems?

Thanks for your sage advice!!

89vette
01-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Do not buy an exhaust for the performance boost because you will not feel 10HP at 5500 RPM. Trust me. But it for the sound. The Corsa is the best for me because at hiway speeds it does not drone like many aftermarket systems do. The fit and finish is also first rate. Like anything else, you get what you pay for.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

Centerfire
01-27-2004, 01:29 PM
I have to agree.. I have bought into all the aftermarket performance add ons for my trucks. Other then the Supercharger, I not sure if I got measureable performance increase or if it is all in my head. But I just keep buying into it.. I have the Airraid filter system, Hypertech III on my H2 , I think I'm getting more peformance out of the hypertech or simply could just be the different shift points I programed in that is leaving me with this impression..

I agree with 89 vette, it's all about the sound with the exhausts.. Corsa sport is on the way.. if realwheel ever gets the order out. They are behind due to demand of their billet items.

Mike

\"Doc\"-sqrd
01-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Hello 89vette and Centerfire,

Thanks for your insights...sort of what I expected. I don't wnat to throw "cold water" on everyone's Corsa deal though! A good sounding exhaust system may be reason enough for many (I used to have a '65 fuelie vette with OEM side exhausts...what a sound!!).

"Doc"-sqrd

KenP
01-27-2004, 05:31 PM
If you need a reason to buy a new exhaust you can always go with:

"It's stainless steel, Honey. Might as well replace that old rusted one we have before it gets worse and falls off the truck." http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Black Lingenfelter Lux

Centerfire
01-27-2004, 05:51 PM
I know in the 1st years of marriage I had to justify toys.. Now after 32 yrs.. I don't.. I will tell my wife what I got and she shes you do know you don't need that. I tell her yep, but I wanted it. She will say " Just as long as you know you don't need it"

Mike

MMPH2
01-27-2004, 05:58 PM
I've been married for 1.5 years, so I'll have to go with the line: "it's part of the SPORT package that we wanted". http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

89vette
01-27-2004, 06:25 PM
I have bought so much crap for my Corvette it is sickning. I used to say I bought this part, used if for a while and them sold it on E-Bay for more money. Then I used the extra cash to buy this new shiny thing! After 13 years though it does not matter anymore.

Jason

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

KenP
01-27-2004, 08:52 PM
When I won the Gobi Ladder http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I also bought the Stealth rack. The girl heard that and asked "How much and why?"

I answered "The truck will fit in the new garage with the rack on it and the ladder retails for...blah...blah...blah...Hey this guy won...blah...blah...Take a look at this picture. See this thing..."

I just bored the poor girl to tears and bam! no more questions. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Just thought of another reason to get the exhaust: "See Baby, I knew you wouldn't hear the air compressor anymore."

Black Lingenfelter Lux

[This message was edited by KenP on 01-27-04 at 03:00 PM.]

SOCRATES
01-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Ken,

What is the size of your garage? I wanted to get the Stealth rack as well, but I just don't think it will fit. I have a normal-sized 7 foot garage by the way.

Thanks,
-Justyn

Centerfire
01-29-2004, 02:37 PM
When I got married they gave me a manual. ON page 5, paragraph 4 it states " If you have your toy for over an hour before it is discovered, then you've had it forever" So if asked about it, yo tell her you've had it forever and you won't be lying.

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MMPH2:
I've been married for 1.5 years, so I'll have to go with the line: "it's part of the SPORT package that we wanted". http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SOCRATES
01-29-2004, 02:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89vette:
I wonder how that group buy on the H2fanatic forum is doing?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear it is going pretty well, I think 7 or so more people are needed though. A little birdie told me the deadline is Feb. 9.... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-J

SOCRATES
02-01-2004, 02:24 PM
Bump!