PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my H2

Dunkster
12-08-2002, 11:30 PM
I finally ordered my H2 from a dealer in the Bay Area. After looking at lots of pictures and listen to you all talk about your H2's. I ended up ordering:

White H2 Base model with u-steps, seat covers, tool kit, first aid kit, floor mats, spare tire on rear and cargo mat.

I ended up having to order special. The Dealer looked at his incoming H2's for the next 8 weeks and he did not have any coming in white with no chrome which where my basic requirements, I would also like the base model because it comes with a cassette player.

Hopefully I will get a built date next weeks. Thanks for everyones help.

-------------
Dunkster

Dunkster
12-08-2002, 11:30 PM
I finally ordered my H2 from a dealer in the Bay Area. After looking at lots of pictures and listen to you all talk about your H2's. I ended up ordering:

White H2 Base model with u-steps, seat covers, tool kit, first aid kit, floor mats, spare tire on rear and cargo mat.

I ended up having to order special. The Dealer looked at his incoming H2's for the next 8 weeks and he did not have any coming in white with no chrome which where my basic requirements, I would also like the base model because it comes with a cassette player.

Hopefully I will get a built date next weeks. Thanks for everyones help.

-------------
Dunkster

bklynh2srock
12-08-2002, 11:49 PM
Congrats! We loooved white, with the 10th Mountain Division feel and/or the Star Wars Storm Troopers thing, and we too liked it w/o the chrome package. It looks absolutely fantastic in snow. Our heart was with white, but we got Pewter because the white stands out more, and our parking lot is in the open in the City (behind a heavy locked gate, but still). In the end, how subtle can you really be with a Hummer?

We waited for about 1 and 1/2 months. There's no happier feeling than when you get your build date!

Hummie2
12-09-2002, 12:06 AM
Congrats on your order. Now comes the long wait. I ordered a white lux model on 11/11 and got the order detail on saturday. It shows a build date on the week of 12/16, 5 weeks after the order was placed by dealer. Sounds like Hummer still has a pretty good back log of work, and considering that transit time will take about 2-3 weeks thats 7-8 weeks total waiting period for delivery. That about what the dealer originally quoted. It just seems like its been forever.

Wait a couple weeks and get a Order Detail from your dealer. It will show the order number of your vehicle and have the options you ordered listed. Check it over! They had ordered the wrong color on mine. It only took a few seconds to correct the mistake in the computer but would have been too late once the vehicle hit the assembly line.

Hope this helps,

Don