PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Hummer Club

kelleymac2000
11-13-2002, 10:11 PM
Hey all:
Just joined this forum, and it's great to see you all here talking up the H2. I LOVE my truck!

I'm a member of the BAHA (Bay Area Hummer Club), and I wanted to extend an invite to any of you interested in going offroad to come and join us. You need to be a member of the National Hummer Club. (go here:http://www.thehummerclubinc.com/) and then you can participate in all regional events. Then click on the events link to see our plans. We have a snow run coming up near Tahoe in February, a Hollister trip in the spring, and even a wine tasting planned for late summer/fall.

Hope to see you all there!
Kelley

kelleymac2000
11-13-2002, 10:11 PM
Hey all:
Just joined this forum, and it's great to see you all here talking up the H2. I LOVE my truck!

I'm a member of the BAHA (Bay Area Hummer Club), and I wanted to extend an invite to any of you interested in going offroad to come and join us. You need to be a member of the National Hummer Club. (go here:http://www.thehummerclubinc.com/) and then you can participate in all regional events. Then click on the events link to see our plans. We have a snow run coming up near Tahoe in February, a Hollister trip in the spring, and even a wine tasting planned for late summer/fall.

Hope to see you all there!
Kelley

SJ
11-13-2002, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the introduction. I'm in Tahoe and the Bay Area frequently so I'll have to visit the site. I'm just afraid the group might convince me that I need an H1. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kelleymac2000
11-14-2002, 01:38 AM
No way! Funny thing is that since the H2s outnumber the H1s by at least an order of magnitude, events are becoming more and more "integrated" <grin> Come on out, it'd be a blast!!

Kelley

TS
11-14-2002, 05:28 PM
I was introduced to the Hummer Club in an unusual way, the VP of the club, Ron Bomhoff(?) and his friends were checking out my H2 outside a restaurant I was at. He owns an H1, but invited me to join all the same. I joined, ofcourse, and looking forward to an adventure with the club.

kelleymac2000
11-14-2002, 05:58 PM
Yep, Ron's the man!
BAHA is a regional affiliate of HCI and we're right in your neck of the woods. We're planning a snow run to Grass Valley in February, dates will be announced this week. Plan to come, it'll be a BLAST!
Kelley
H2VP BAHA, HCI

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TS:
I was introduced to the Hummer Club in an unusual way, the VP of the club, Ron Bomhoff(?) and his friends were checking out my H2 outside a restaurant I was at. He owns an H1, but invited me to join all the same. I joined, ofcourse, and looking forward to an adventure with the club.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SJ
11-14-2002, 10:36 PM
kelleymac:

I'm assuming you own a Hummer [the H1]? If so, do you use it as a daily driver and what kind of maintenance can I expect if I purchase a used wagon with 20K+ mileage? I love the H1 and all my relatives in Europe bow down to the original Hummer.

Also, I need to get a CB [portable or deck mounted unit] before I go on a caravan - right?

kelleymac2000
11-14-2002, 10:43 PM
Nope, I'm a proud H2 owner. Actually the H2 VP of the BAHA Hummer Club. I test drove the H1, and have driven one offroad, but I don't own one. I want to someday, but not as a daily driver. I've heard horror stories about maintenance costs, but can't confirm that for myself. :-)

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SJ:
kelleymac:

I'm assuming you own a Hummer [the H1]? If so, do you use it as a daily driver and what kind of maintenance can I expect if I purchase a used wagon with 20K+ mileage? I love the H1 and all my relatives in Europe bow down to the original Hummer.

Also, I need to get a CB [portable or deck mounted unit] before I go on a caravan - right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SJ
11-14-2002, 10:48 PM
Thanks, I've also driven an H1 and it was great for the short drive, but have always been curious how the beasts are on a long-term basis.