PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Ticking Sound

Doug
05-02-2006, 04:58 PM
To make a long story short I have a 03 H2 SUV and have this Ticking sound comming from the driver side pillar/roof area. The truck has been in for this 3 times (21+ days) with no success. They have had the entire inside in and out twice, foamed filled pillars, insulating the roof, replaced the winshield, molding etc, etc.. still no fix. Don't get me wrong the service department has been great in making an all out effort.
Has anyone experienced this problem? I am exploring and contiplating the "Lemon Law" which the dealer wants to avoid. So they are now working out a number for a new truck which they said would be worked out to no cost to me. Hard to beleive but lets see.
Any lemon law receiptients out there?

As I was under the tenth person to receive an H2 on the East coast I Love the truck but this tick is driving me out of the Hummer club.
By the way this is my second H2.

KenP
05-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I do. It's my ventshade expanding. Odd too, because it did the samething on the old H2 and only at the window.

Hey, it's not the mic from OnStar is it? My makes a noise there sometimes, too.

cestwick
05-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by KenP:
I do. It's my ventshade expanding. Odd too, because it did the samething on the old H2 and only at the window.

Hey, it's not the mic from OnStar is it? My makes a noise there sometimes, too.

At our dealership we have had several vehicles with automatic climate control the have an inside air temp sensor in the headliner that has a little fan for air flow just above and to the left of the drivers head the can and will make a ticking, buzzing noise if it is bad.

h2co-pilot
05-02-2006, 06:46 PM
I was thinking the vent shade too.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Adam in CO
05-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Don't open any suspicious "ticking" packages is my advice. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

twenty2
05-02-2006, 08:30 PM
I had a ticking sound coming from the headliner, right by the onstar speaker. It actually got fixed by a simple "push up" into the headliner which I believe is held by velcro. Anyways, that ticking from that side hasn't come back yet. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HUMTECH
05-03-2006, 12:29 AM
As cestwick posted we have had several inside air temp sensors cause A rattle/buzz noise as well.

MONSTERMATT
05-03-2006, 02:06 AM
GOOD LUCK , i have a tick like that on the passenger side, and everytime im thinking of taking it to the dealer it stops, im almost sure if i take it in , the noise will mysteriously dissapear, oh well gonna crank the sirius and say fukk it

Doug
05-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks for all the input. Definetley not the Visor as I explored that myself (actually removed it). Also thought it was the onstar mike but I too pushed on the headliner and sometimes can make it disapear. In any case I will not dismiss any of your suggestions and I will bring these suggestions to the dealer. They are also trying to work out a deal to get me out of this H2 into another.

Also started the Lemon law process as my dealer said GM will act fast to make a deal as soon as they know the LL is be pursued.

Thanks again and I will post the results..Tick! Tick!

KenP
05-04-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by cestwick:

At our dealership we have had several vehicles with automatic climate control the have an inside air temp sensor in the headliner that has a little fan for air flow just above and to the left of the drivers head the can and will make a ticking, buzzing noise if it is bad. BINGO!!! That's my other noise. What gets replaced? I can let my dealer know ahead of time so the parts will be there. Thanks. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KenP
05-04-2006, 02:56 AM
Doug, keep us up to date on this.

timgco
05-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by KenP:
What gets replaced? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

THE TRUCK! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Planohummer
05-04-2006, 02:47 PM
It's called an 'aspirator' in the GM world. Very common to be noisy.

Doug
06-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Well for those of you following this. The final attempt from the GM Engineers did not fix the problem. I am now looking into the legal side of things. Also ran into the most unbeleivable situation with my dealers service department. Can't reveal any names or get into the details as I have a meeting tomorrow with the GM rep, GM Engineer (From Detriot), Dealer owner and managers.

Basically if they don't agree to fair terms you will get all the gory details, names pictures and story. The Pics will blow your mind. For my sake I hope this ends tomorrow.

Stay Tuned, this is a topper to anything I have ever seen involving GMC Hummer and a dealer.

KenP
06-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Well for those of you following this. The final attempt from the GM Engineers did not fix the problem. I am now looking into the legal side of things. Also ran into the most unbeleivable situation with my dealers service department. Can't reveal any names or get into the details as I have a meeting tomorrow with the GM rep, GM Engineer (From Detriot), Dealer owner and managers.

Basically if they don't agree to fair terms you will get all the gory details, names pictures and story. The Pics will blow your mind. For my sake I hope this ends tomorrow.

Stay Tuned, this is a topper to anything I have ever seen involving GMC Hummer and a dealer.WELL??????1111

TA8088
06-17-2006, 05:12 AM
Waiting to hear the outcome

HummBob
06-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Waiting to hear the outcome

X2:confused:

MDimitri
06-18-2006, 12:55 AM
X3 :confused:

Doug
06-19-2006, 03:17 AM
My meeting went very well, finally got to the people who matter. Basically after seeing the pics and details of my issues they (GM/Dealer) want no part in this they are working out getting me into a 2006. We will see, more to follow.....

HummBob
06-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Sweet...Keep us POSTED!!

Doug
07-14-2006, 02:49 AM
Sorry it took so long but I am now in a new 2006 H2. Finally got to GM and the owner of the dealership. Super deal on the truck and a pretty good payback from GM. Tons of agravation but in the end I have to say GM stood behind thier product and my dealer followed suit.
I am now back in the support seat for Hummer thanks to GM and my dealer.

Word of advice...Document everthing!

Doug
07-14-2006, 03:00 AM
Here is a picture..