PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find speed sensor wire

Patrick
10-26-2003, 10:51 PM
Please respond if you can help. I am installing the new kenwood nav system and I need to find a good place to hook up the speed sensor wire. Please let me know if you know the color of the wire and the best place reach it. Thanks for your time.

Patrick
10-26-2003, 10:51 PM
Please respond if you can help. I am installing the new kenwood nav system and I need to find a good place to hook up the speed sensor wire. Please let me know if you know the color of the wire and the best place reach it. Thanks for your time.

Patrick
10-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Just in case anyone does a search on this in the future. The speed sense wire can be found on the powertrain control module, located between the battery and the engine block. It has a black plastic cover that is snapped off. Under the cover is the silver PCM that has about 100 wires going to it. It is held in place by a spring clip at the top. Once removed the whole unit can be moved to the top of the truck for better access. One side is marked the "blue" side. The other side is the "green" side but it is not green and it is not labeled that. If you go to pin 50 you will find a green wire with a white stripe. That is the wire. The labeling really doesn't matter because only one side has a green/white wire at pin location 50. The other wires are straightforward, except I had to go to the tail lights to find the reverse wire (located in a harness near the hitch mount under the truck). I was nervous pulling out the PCM at first but it is easy once you see how it is connected. The nav unit works great.