PDA

View Full Version : is anyone here combining the lux/adventure packages?

wannabeH3
05-28-2005, 03:00 PM
cuz thats what i want, and i want to know what yall are payin

wannabeH3
05-28-2005, 03:00 PM
cuz thats what i want, and i want to know what yall are payin

oneworld
05-28-2005, 09:28 PM
YES wannabeH3, I am getting both pacs, I am not sure what i will be paying will know better on Tuesday, The way it looks now my dealer had a black with auto trans,lux pac,xms radio, and I dont think anything else but not sure, and it was priced at 35000, and i am not sure about all this I saw it today, will go back and check on monday becuase if this is correct my dealer is a theif that is about 3500, over sticker acording to Hummer build H3. So I have to go back and check the info but that is what i saw at 5 minutes to 5:00pm today before they were clossing.

wannabeH3
05-28-2005, 09:38 PM
i hope you get a good deal man! thats the package i want with all the trailering and sunroof and roof lights and whatnot.. keep me posted!

HummerNewbie
05-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Am I remembering correctly, the 33" tires come with the adventure package and you can not get the chrome wheels with the 33" tires? I now see on the Hummer site that the chrome wheels are standard with the lux package. If this is the case, can you not get the adventure package with the lux. Or will they give some sort of credit for not getting the chrome wheels. Maybe the info is just incorrect on the site. Don't know.

KenP
05-29-2005, 01:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Am I remembering correctly, the 33" tires come with the adventure package and you can not get the chrome wheels with the 33" tires? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You've got it right. The 33's are not available with the chrome wheels.

Does anyone have the 33's yet? When I saw the H3 at the dealer the tires were 33", but they were street tires on chrome. (We know that's not right) http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/2706067735/m/4471078221
What is on the trucks as they come to the showroom?

Vincent
05-29-2005, 04:56 AM
H3's showed up at the rail yard in Minneapolis on Thursday! The dealer picked up a white Lux for the show floor & said more will be arriving on Friday or next week. So I went to the dealer to check out the invoices for what was coming in & I decided on a Black lux, Black Leather, Auto, Brush Guard,Off Road Suspension, and Trailer package for $36,265 - MSRP. It was the only Lux w/off-road suspension that wasn't pre-sold. The salesperson put a post-it note with my name on the invoice to save it for me. I could just imagine another salesperson losing my post-it note, and then selling it to someone else. The post-it note just wasn't very convincing, so I told them that I wanted to get the paperwork done. Then when it is delivered, I can pick it up right away. (Actually, I was hoping they would go pick it up for me since I completed the financing) So goes, I purchased the 1st H3 in Minnesota. The only bad thing is that now I own a H3 that is sitting in some rail yard, while I'm driving my trade-in http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif They said it will be at the dealer on Tuesday, because the union guys don't work on holiday weekends. I'm getting a little worried after reading all the posts about broken promises from dealers. What happens if it wasn't on this train & it hasn't been shipped yet? I'm making payments on it!

Vincent
05-29-2005, 05:06 AM
It sucks to pay MSRP when dealers are having Memorial Day sales up to 20% of MSRP on other vehicles! Oh well, I guess it's just part of having the latest & greatest!

baby_hummer
05-29-2005, 07:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It sucks to pay MSRP when dealers are having Memorial Day sales up to 20% of MSRP on other vehicles! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me about it. The Jeep dealership here is offering some great prices/incentives. Makes me want to run out and buy a Grand Cherokee.....NOT!

HummerNewbie
05-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Congrats Vincent. I wouldn't worry about them selling it out from under you if the paper work is complete. It would have the VIN on it and I wouldn't think you would have to worry. If they are that big of a crook, you don't want to by there anyway. I would be careful driving around in your trade-in though. Hate for them to play games with you about it when you go to take delivery http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

So why the hell didn't they pick all of them up when they came in? I would think they would want them on the lot over the holiday weekend.

So, does yours come with the chrome wheels? I am getting confused. On the Hummer site it says that the chrome wheels are standard with the Lux package yet if you are building an H3 on the site, the chrome wheels are an option. You are also not supposed to be able to get the 33" tires, that come with the off-road suspension, on the chrome wheels that come standard with the Lux package. So what gives here when you order a Lux w/off-road suspension? Do you get a $900 credit or are the wheels really supposed to be an option even with the Lux package and are incorrectly listed as standard equipment for the Lux package?

Vincent
05-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Newbie - The offroad package is an upgrade! There is no price difference whether you are starting with a base model or a luxury model w/chrome rims. You'll have to buy aftermarket rims if you Absolutely Must have your 33's on chrome

HummerNewbie
05-29-2005, 01:05 PM
I understand it is an upgrade http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm just curious if the chrome wheels really are standard for Lux like it says in one location on the site or an option like it says in another. If they are standard and you add the off-road suspension, I just think you should get some sort of credit for the lose of the chrome wheels. Don't necessarily have to have chrome wheels myself, just wondering. I wasn't going to spend the $900 for them as an option because I will more that likely change out the wheels anyway to give mine a more unique look.

killian
05-29-2005, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> What happens if it wasn't on this train & it hasn't been shipped yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Napalm the dealership.

My Black Lux has the off road suspension and the 33s, to me it's the only way to go. The chrome rims we're not available as an option when I made my purchase last week.

Am I the only one here that thinks the stock H3 rims look good? I'm not sure that I plan on changing them out.

Vincent
05-29-2005, 01:58 PM
LOL, I like the stock rims!

Killian, If it wasn't for all your pics, I might have waited for a different H3 with a sunroof!

DeLeon
05-29-2005, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Am I the only one here that thinks the stock H3 rims look good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also like the stock rims a lot, especially because they have the hummer logo... I want the chrome wheels really bad though, I will do my best to get them, I still don't understand why they're not an option if the wheel size is the same http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Agriv8r
05-29-2005, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Am I remembering correctly, the 33" tires come with the adventure package and you can not get the chrome wheels with the 33" tires? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You've got it right. The 33's are not available with the chrome wheels.

Does anyone have the 33's yet? When I saw the H3 at the dealer the tires were 33", but they were street tires on chrome. (We know that's not right) http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/2706067735/m/4471078221
What is on the trucks as they come to the showroom? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey ken,
Our boulder gray adventure series had the 33's good looking set. They look a little bigger when you dont have the running boards.

HummerNewbie
05-29-2005, 06:57 PM
I like the stock rims but will more than likely change them out at some point. If for nothing else, to set mine apart from the rest on the road.