PDA

View Full Version : New Post, Old Topic GPS

HeeHaw
11-23-2002, 03:56 AM
Mac, this photo is from one of your posts.

Saw the photo of the one with the LCD that pops out where the Onstar Buttons were. That's exactly what I want and I have the system ready to install and I need to know if anyone has moved the Onstar Buttons and how hard it was and what the problems.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

HeeHaw
11-23-2002, 03:56 AM
Mac, this photo is from one of your posts.

Saw the photo of the one with the LCD that pops out where the Onstar Buttons were. That's exactly what I want and I have the system ready to install and I need to know if anyone has moved the Onstar Buttons and how hard it was and what the problems.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Afreet
11-23-2002, 04:48 AM
When people are answering, can you mention what the interface is with your GPS. I am looking at the Alpine unit but it looks like you need to use the little remote instead of buttons on the display or a touch screen. Is this really the case?

MAC
11-23-2002, 04:54 AM
Heehaw, the guy who did this is @HummerH2.org I think you can email him eric@hummerh2.org. He set up a website to show his Hummer. The site also has forum and things like this site, but ZERO member and ZERO post at forum. He did a good job with several LCD screens, boombox etc, nice but too bad his has those 22" wheels. Contact Eric directly.

i just think it is hard to reach behind the shift column.

HummerH2
11-23-2002, 06:56 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gifThat is a nice GPS LCD screen! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

MAC
11-23-2002, 08:44 PM
Maybe having that unit down there is NOT a problem, I looked at it today when driving my Hummer. You don't really need to push a lot of buttons on GPS as stereo, especially if it is voice activated.

I cannot find any excuses to buy GPS or any LCD screen, as much as I like them as toys. 18 minutes to office, 5 minutes to school, no long road trip and not yet a need to find direction in years.

HeeHaw, did you get hold of that guy eric@hummerh2.org? everything works out OK?

HeeHaw
11-23-2002, 09:39 PM
MAc, I sure like the GPS setup and I'm buying the Alpine with the flip screen like the one in the picture. Question.....Can that On-Star stuff be moved? Sure takes up a lot of room for a couple of buttons and a small light. Don't you think?

Hee /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

MAC
11-23-2002, 09:43 PM
You got to talk to that eric@hummerh2.org about it, see my above reply to you. That picture is his setup. Also posted a photo of the underseat setup in the Tech section under LCD screen.