PDA

View Full Version : Climate Controll Question

Kevin B
04-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Since new my Hummers climate controll seems a little wackey. In the Auto mode it does not seem to hold temp. for beans. It just keeps getting colder and colder. A couple of times I have had to set it to the 90 degree "overide" to melt the ice on my face. This is the 5th car with a climate controll that I have owned and by far the worst.

Im pretty sure it is a problem with a sensor but figured id ask the rank & file before taking it in. Let me know if yours seems to be working properly, Thanks

Kevin B
Since new my Hummers climate controll seems a little wackey. In the Auto mode it does not seem to hold temp. for beans. It just keeps getting colder and colder. A couple of times I have had to set it to the 90 degree "overide" to melt the ice on my face. This is the 5th car with a climate controll that I have owned and by far the worst.

Im pretty sure it is a problem with a sensor but figured id ask the rank & file before taking it in. Let me know if yours seems to be working properly, Thanks

Kevin B

KenP
04-19-2004, 01:54 AM
I have not had a problem with it yet. You are probably right, just a sensor. A five minute job that will take several hours at the dealership. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

HummMe
04-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Yeh mine sucks too! It has since day one. I think the cabin air temp sensor is the culprit but I am just guessing. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Blue
04-25-2004, 05:28 AM
I've got an 04 with climate control and it also is unable to hold the temperture with the climate control engaged. If the temperture is set to 90 degrees the heater will go on, but less then 90 like 87 and all I get is cold air out the vent.

Hummer Man
04-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Sensor problem - easy fix!