PDA

View Full Version : GMS price? Can I find it anywhere?

Dani
04-02-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm looking for the GMS price on a specific vehicle. I have the vin #: 5GTDN136468220978 and it's listed at $37730.

Anyone know where I may be able to find the info?
Thanks!

Mike E
04-03-2006, 12:21 AM
The dealer where the vehicle is at will be able to supply you with the GMS price. Or do you mean the GMID discount or employee discount?

Dani
04-03-2006, 12:51 AM
I wanted to know how much it would cost after the GMS discount. My father in law works for GM so we qualify for his discount. I know the dealer can tell me but they won't tell me over the phone and i haven't had time to drive the hour and a half up there. I was hoping someone here had an idea on the cost after GMS. Just trying to figure a few things out.

JeffW
04-03-2006, 02:45 AM
Check out the gmfamilyfirst (https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/) website. At the pulldown at the top that says "Vehicle Shopping" choose GMID pricing. It will redirect you to a special version of the gmbuypower website. At the bottom is an option to build a vehicle, but for some reason Hummer isn't available there. Just select Hummer at the top and go on to search inventory of dealers around you. They will list the MSRP as well as the supplier price for all the vehicles.

JWSchmidt3
04-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Somewhere in the neighborhood of $34,600, give or take $150.

Mike E
04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
JWSchmidt3 is close. If you can give me exactly what the H3 is eqipped with I can get it pretty close for you.

Dani
04-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks for all your help. I actually found the price and it's $32,986.

Dani
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I just got back from Jim Riehls Hummer dealership- where I intended to purchase a new H3 off the lot. I can't believe the difference in trade-in value I'm getting for the '06 Pilot that I've had for 3 months. I've been to several dealerships shopping around and Riehls is by far the worst. The Pilot is an '06- fully loaded with leather and no other options available and they offer me $20k for it? I paid almost $37k for it barely 3 months ago. Every other dealership I've been to is offering me between $31k-$33k. I wonder why such a big difference?

HummerNewbie
04-05-2006, 09:05 PM
It is not a vehicle they are looking to have on the lot. Try going by a Car Max if you have one around you to see what they will offer you. I have sold vehicles to them before and got top trade in value for them without buying a vehicle from them.

Dani
04-05-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm not sure if I have a Car Max here or not but I'll definitely check into it. Actually- the only reason I even went back to Riehls was because they're also a Honda dealership- and it was mentioned to me that they'd probably give me the best trade in value of all the dealerships I've went to because "supposedly" they know the value of their vehicles better than anyone else.

aggiehummer...er
04-06-2006, 01:51 PM
They're most likely trying to make up lost revenue from selling you the H3 at GMS. With the equipment on the one you're looking at, a dealer can usually make a pretty nice amount on them, as opposed to making very very little selling it at GMS.