PDA

View Full Version : HERMITS...(Long Post)

HummerGirl
11-16-2002, 02:03 AM
Okay, everyone has the usual H2 driving day.
You start out with a few "wow, look at that?" looks from folks, then the pointing from other drivers while you are at a red light, kids turning around in their seats staring as if Britney Spears herself is driving behind the wheel, and then you are dropping off the kidlet to school while other parents are snearing at you making those green-eyed glares.

So with the normal stuff happening everyday, you are in your groove of driving your new truck...life is good!

Then out of the blue...You meet a HERMIT...and it asks...

"what is that thing???"

(Insert record-player-needle screetching on vinyl album HERE.)

You nicely reply.."It's a Hummer!" [like duh?]

"a what?"

You try to keep your cool while explaining that it's a civilian version of the military Humvee.

Oh and then the reply to that explanation is...

"well do you like driving it?"

(Insert another record screetch here)

I of course responded with a "well yeah, we LOVE it."

This particular hermit,still in a daze at the enormous H2 next to her vehicle, was still looking extremely puzzled at my choice in SUVs. So, I told the lady to just go home and ask her husband about Hummers.

Can folks be that sheltered??? Does anyone watch CNN or any international news and see a Hummvee or other military types of vehicles?? Was anyone paying attention during Desert Storm?? Or is it just us???

I don't know if I can keep my cool on the next Hermit encounter. My grandmother of 82 knows what a Hummer truck is.

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com

hummerbot
11-16-2002, 03:33 AM
Amy:
I had a similar one at the car wash:

With a bit of a limp and some chewin terbacka:
"Is that one of them there Hummers?"
"What do they go fer, 80 thow?"

My response:

It's the new BMW, and it costs way more than 80K,
Hey wait, come back, the gas mileage is great!!!....

Anyway, got the rig washed.

hummerbot