PDA

View Full Version : H3 wheels/tires ?

oneworld
04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
My dealer keeps telling me, that unless I order the chrome package for wheels, that I will not get the 33 inch tires, I ordered the adventure package > but the dealer said that it will come with on/off road tires 31 inch, What is up with this > I do not want chrome package, I want the larger off road tires. My dealer is so uninformed > how can they sell these things if they cant even figure out how to order them.

oneworld
04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
My dealer keeps telling me, that unless I order the chrome package for wheels, that I will not get the 33 inch tires, I ordered the adventure package > but the dealer said that it will come with on/off road tires 31 inch, What is up with this > I do not want chrome package, I want the larger off road tires. My dealer is so uninformed > how can they sell these things if they cant even figure out how to order them.

bb9
04-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Unfortunately, its true. I wanted the lux package w/33's but had to get additional package to get the 33's.

HoKC
04-29-2005, 01:23 PM
The chrome package has nothing to do with the wheels and tires at all. To get the larger tires you HAVE to order the Off Road Suspension Package (ZM6 otopion Code) This comes standard with adventure package. You cannot get the chrome wheels and the Off Road Suspension package together.

HoKC
04-29-2005, 01:25 PM
You can also go to Hummer.com and build the exact one that you want and then print it out and take it in to them. One word of warning though, they have the wrong price for the Automatic Transmission on the web site. It is 70.00 below the actual price. It lists 1625 and it is actually 1695.

timgco
04-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Tell them you to check their dealer code (GAC).
And that should get you the ZM6 off road susp. package.

BTW GAC = Get A Clue. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Sorry, I know I was really reaching on that one. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

oneworld
04-29-2005, 06:48 PM
friday afternoon, Hummer Bummer, I just came back from my dealer > and what they ordered for me is not correct, they did not include the adventure or off road suspension package, and they ordered the Ebony leather, was suposed to be the light cashmere, so my order #JBVJ23 / dealer #26240 if I want it my way I will have to reorder thus putting me further away from delivery. They say they can not change the items in the computor. All this becuase, car salesmen, do not take the time to understand their product, product knowledge if you do not have the product knowlege WHY DID YOU TAKE MY ORDER AND MY MONEY > I wish the dealer was more willing to help then to act like thats what happens with new vehicles. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

usetosellhummer
04-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Try another dealer that will search for you. Or wait and let them work the bugs out and re-order. Also let them know if one comes in like the one you wanted call you. People cancel them sometimes when they come in. Call Lynch Hummer and see iff they have one like it comming in?
It's true you cannot make changes to an order.

oneworld
04-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Thanks usedtosellhummer, I apreciate your response and am also building my Hummer KARMA > HAHA

mstams
04-30-2005, 12:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoKC:
The chrome package has nothing to do with the wheels and tires at all. To get the larger tires you HAVE to order the Off Road Suspension Package (ZM6 otopion Code) This comes standard with adventure package. You cannot get the chrome wheels and the Off Road Suspension package together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know if there are any plans in the future to offer chrome wheels and the off road suspension?

HoKC
05-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Nothing so far.

H3 Builder
05-05-2005, 10:22 PM
The offroad package only changes the transfer case and adds 33" tires. No different shocks or anything else. So inless you really want the lower geared, locking transfer case, get the chrome package and buy bigger tires.

oneworld
05-06-2005, 03:09 AM
If you realy want to GO OFF ROAD > maybe try to follow an H2 maybe you should have the looking diferntial

crossfire190
05-06-2005, 11:27 AM
I am trying to decide between the locking differential or not... I will probably not do a lot (or any) serious offroading, however, in my area we get a substantial amount of snow and I want to be able to go anywhere anytime. Would the locking differential be helpful?

HoKC
05-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Unless you have to have the factory chrome wheels I would go with the locking rear diff. It is always good to have it when you need it and it will help to have when it is time to sell it.

XM DUDE
05-06-2005, 12:51 PM
I would most definitely get the locking diff.

Hummer4Life
05-06-2005, 04:40 PM
What is the tire size of the largest and widest tire that the H3's chrome wheel and wheel well can support?

usetosellhummer
05-06-2005, 06:29 PM
You can do alot with wheels and tires. I would get the cheap ones and the transfercase. You can go with a diffrent rim size and get taller tires or fat off road tires etc. Your dealer is not the place to talk tires. The dealer does not differ from factory spec and uses a local tire shop to do most custom work. Go to a off road shop or a good tire place with information or with the truck when you get it and it will blow your mind what they can do. Take it from a former Hummer sales master. DO NOT BELIVE ANYTHING THE SALESMAN SAYS!

Hart1
05-06-2005, 07:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if I want it my way I will have to reorder </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Two weeks after I ordered my H2, I decided to add a sun roof, they were able to place it onto my order, did not skip a beat in the process......

Hummer4Life
05-06-2005, 07:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by usetosellhummer:
You can do alot with wheels and tires. I would get the cheap ones and the transfercase. You can go with a diffrent rim size and get taller tires or fat off road tires etc. Your dealer is not the place to talk tires. The dealer does not differ from factory spec and uses a local tire shop to do most custom work. Go to a off road shop or a good tire place with information or with the truck when you get it and it will blow your mind what they can do. Take it from a former Hummer sales master. DO NOT BELIVE ANYTHING THE SALESMAN SAYS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

usetosellhummer
05-06-2005, 08:31 PM
I could be wrong but AM General builds the H2 and we could't make changes during roll out. GM may be diffrent?

oneworld
05-07-2005, 08:40 PM
My dealer told me to reorder guys, he tryed to push the little butons on the keyboard but it would not accept any changes. No problem I will wait till it comes in to make sure that it is what i want then reorder the right packages so I get exactly what i want, 33 tires locking dif, and the right leather package, I am crazy over this thing, cant wait to see at the dealer