PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug Info

Arizona Hummerboy
11-20-2005, 03:22 PM
I dont know if anyone had this problem yet.

I was changing out my spark plugs on the Hummer H2 this week end, so I went to Napa Parts and got new plugs.

There parts come up as TR55GP Stock NO. 3403 that will work on the Hummer H2.

Well I pull the new plugs in. And went for a test drive, the truck ran like hell and had a Miss Fire and broke one of the new plugs.

I went to 4 others parts house to try to find the right plugs. ( PZTR5A15 NGK OR AC/DELCO 12567759 ) All the other parts store told me that the plugs from Napa was the wrong plug, thay also said there computer shows the same plug number as Napa but they know it is the wrong number for the plugs.

Put the old plugs back in and gap them at .060 than the truck runs great. The olny problem that I have is the service engen light in on. I Had ON STAR to run a engin check for me and it shows a Miss Fire on the engine.

So if you put plugs in be sure the plug is a PZTR5A15 NGK 0R AC/DELCO 12567759 PLUG. or the truck will not fire right.

I hope this Information help everyone.

Now this week I am off to the Dealership to get the computer reset.

Arizona Hummerboy
11-20-2005, 03:22 PM
I dont know if anyone had this problem yet.

I was changing out my spark plugs on the Hummer H2 this week end, so I went to Napa Parts and got new plugs.

There parts come up as TR55GP Stock NO. 3403 that will work on the Hummer H2.

Well I pull the new plugs in. And went for a test drive, the truck ran like hell and had a Miss Fire and broke one of the new plugs.

I went to 4 others parts house to try to find the right plugs. ( PZTR5A15 NGK OR AC/DELCO 12567759 ) All the other parts store told me that the plugs from Napa was the wrong plug, thay also said there computer shows the same plug number as Napa but they know it is the wrong number for the plugs.

Put the old plugs back in and gap them at .060 than the truck runs great. The olny problem that I have is the service engen light in on. I Had ON STAR to run a engin check for me and it shows a Miss Fire on the engine.

So if you put plugs in be sure the plug is a PZTR5A15 NGK 0R AC/DELCO 12567759 PLUG. or the truck will not fire right.

I hope this Information help everyone.

Now this week I am off to the Dealership to get the computer reset.

wilfred
11-20-2005, 04:09 PM
I can't remember if it was the borla headers that melted my plug wires or if it was the perma gas cap that had a leak (must be getting old http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ) but i do remember the check engine light did reset itself after the problem was fixed. It did take a few days though.

Arizona Hummerboy
11-20-2005, 07:54 PM
My check engine light did reset it self after driving around a bit.

I did clean up the old plugs and put them back into the Hummer. The pulgs gap was .065 when I removed them from the Hummer, so after cleaning them up I regap them back to .060 and put them back into the truck.

The Hummer runs like New Again after regaping the plugs. I at 49,000 Miles.