PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses?

H2O
11-14-2002, 01:28 AM
This question is for all of the H2s out there with a sun roofs. Let me start by saying I love my H2, my biggest problem is where to place my sunglasses (So they don't get scratched of course) when I'm not using them.

H2O
11-14-2002, 01:28 AM
This question is for all of the H2s out there with a sun roofs. Let me start by saying I love my H2, my biggest problem is where to place my sunglasses (So they don't get scratched of course) when I'm not using them.

MAC
11-14-2002, 03:31 PM
Sunglasses seem such a minor issue, but I have had some run-in with this thing. We didn't buy sunroof because we like the roof console with so many neat things up there. We heard something rattling, for driver, sound came from psngr door; for psngr, sound came from driver door, we searched high and low. It turned out to be sunglasses moving in the overhead compartment. It is not coated and too big for glasses.

Other minor stuffs. Vanity mirror in visor too far and too small for wife to use for makeup. So often we would be rushing to social events, she does her make up thing in the auto. This is actually quite important.

I accidentally pushed On*Star & phone button on the steering wheel a few times. Learned from On*Star woman to push the white On*Star button below radio to shut it off. Driver info center does not show how many gal. of gas left, etc.. Maybe just me, those steering wheels data buttons are not easy to use. Stereo buttons there are great.

Back seats are not adjustable like Cadillac Escalade SUV, those seats are not that comfortable back there. I want my children to be as comfortable as we are in the front, our most important assets are in the back seats.

HummerGirl
11-24-2002, 07:22 PM
I have the same complaint about the sun glasses thing too.

I use the glove compartment to store mine. It has a nice slot on the left hand side to slide them in and out of.

Or buy one of those little thingies you can get at Target to hold your glasses for 2.99. You press a button and it holds your glasses for you an dclips to the visor. They are very cool and I see them on a lot of cars. it is shaped like and oval.

But the Hummer has a great lipstick or chapstick tube and pen holder next to and above the shifter. Gotta love that!

But there is not room for junk. So this will help me keep the console clutter-free!

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com

JCJ
11-28-2002, 10:20 PM
Forget about your sunglasses get scratched in the roof console (for those w/o sunroof). Just store the specs in their case up there. Unless you have to wear the biggest Oakley you can get.
A bigger problem I find the shaking, rattling and rolling of stuff in the door compartments. Fuzzy things like MAC's dices may be quiet, but harder tools, like the Hummer Mag-light or the Hummer Leatherman tool from Hummer's toolkit (now who keeps those in their black case back there?) make a lot o' noice when ac-, decelerating, climbing, turning etc. etc..
I might have found a solution: I bought a couple of "Sticky Pads" (Handstands.com) at CompUSA (Cell-phone and PDA dept.) and stuck 'm on the inside of the drivers door compartment. The "Sticky Pad" is intended to stick on the dash, so when you place s'thing (like your cell, PDA, and they say even your sunglases!) it will stick on the pad and not slide when your driving. I guess it might not be intended for our off-road junkies. So don't try that when 4 wheeling, folks.
Until now it works perfectly. Now I will have to get more of those pads (10 bucks each!) for the other doors, so I won't hear any lip-sticks rolling in the passenger-door and no Lego blocks rattling back there.
Bye bye, JCJ

BADRAP
05-23-2003, 03:00 AM
If you will buy yourself a nice pair of Oakley Pro M-Frames then you can put them between the visor and the headliner, mine fit great on both sides, have mine on the drivers side and the wifes on her side. No problem, not in the way and simple...
www.oakley.com (http://www.oakley.com)

03 H2, Lux, Pewter, more upgrades soon..
Houston Texas Hummer H2 Chapter coming soon..

TouchdownTN
05-23-2003, 03:13 AM
I'm with Hummergirl on the sunglasses in the small compartment in the glovebox. My glasses have a soft fabric pouch so they do not rattle. I have noticed the loud rattle also when putting items in the door panels. Is it just me or do the door panels seem a little extra loose compared to other vehicles. I had a 99 Expedition and the H2 seems to make more noise and rattles than the Expedition which had almost 75,000 miles on it. Maybe I just need to get the dealer to tighten the door panels and etc.

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options and Brush Guard Lights. Go Vols!!!

OUSUCKS
05-23-2003, 09:41 AM
Sungasses?? Who gives a rat's ass about sunglasses...at least we have a place to pur our small box of tissues inside the center console.

JohnnyBoy
05-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Just goto Sunglass Hut and buy a $5.00 sunglass clip that attaches to the sunvisors.

==================================
'03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
http://www.haugens.com

Circuitguy
05-23-2003, 05:15 PM
I just hang'em on the sunvisor,no case needed. Walla!! No problem. C http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX

MAC
05-23-2003, 06:41 PM
I just lost that pair of $4 sunglasses I bought in a Honolulu flea market 2 weeks ago. Darn, they fit perfectly.

My door panels are tight and quiet, as long as I don't leave anything in there.

JohnnyBoy
05-24-2003, 02:03 AM
Hey Mac, you should of given that $4 pair of sunglasses to your gardener! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

==================================
'03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
http://www.haugens.com

MAC
05-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Besides a pair of Porsche sunglasses which make me look like a 1970s jerk or Gloria Gold, I have not bought any name brand or expensive sunglasses. I strongly do not like to shop, so my favorite pass-time while my family is taking their time to look and touch everything in the stores, I just stand there try out all the sunglasses. A good pair of sunglasses is destiny, soul mate, match-made-in-heaven and hard to find, regardless of prices.

My absolute favorite was a sample pair that came in an envelope from trade imprint/promo seller, $6 a dozen. I wore that pair for 3-4 years until it simply just fell apart beyond repair. I am waiting for the 1970s trend to come back so I can wear the Porsche sunglasses again.

maybe some day...
05-26-2003, 01:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JCJ:
I bought a couple of "Sticky Pads" (Handstands.com) at CompUSA (Cell-phone and PDA dept.)<snip> Now I will have to get more of those pads (10 bucks each!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These sticky pads are available online for $4.99, lower in quantity, from cyberguys. I'm sure that you can find them for even less if you try.

DiscoDancingRover
05-26-2003, 05:06 PM
You could get that little clip that goes on the sunvisor, i bought it for about $3.00. It holds them very well, and they don't move around.