PDA

View Full Version : bias ply tires?

MONSTERMATT
11-20-2005, 12:24 AM
obviously im a newbie lol, but iam currently looking at some tires and i like the look of the irok super swampers and i noticed they are offered in bias ply as well as radial.What is the difference between the two and what would be most desirable for mainly street driving and hopefully snow!!! thanks for the responses i dont know what i would do without you guys!!!!

MONSTERMATT
11-20-2005, 12:24 AM
obviously im a newbie lol, but iam currently looking at some tires and i like the look of the irok super swampers and i noticed they are offered in bias ply as well as radial.What is the difference between the two and what would be most desirable for mainly street driving and hopefully snow!!! thanks for the responses i dont know what i would do without you guys!!!!

HGW
11-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Radials have steel in them, bias do not.

I have bias Super Swamper brand tires on my black H2. They are junk for my application. The H2 has more sway with the bias tires it is the only pruchase I have ever regretted.

The problem I face with lifted H2's is that the big tires 44's, etc do not come in steel belted radials and the wheel size is small, usually 16-16.5. They do make a 49-20 but that is a big fu..ing tire.

If you are in MD, you should come up and visit my shop. I can give you more info than you would ever need on tires, wheels, backspacing, lifts, power, etc.