PDA

View Full Version : Help for a New, Secluded H2 Owner

yukon
03-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey everyone....I purchased an '05 SUT last Thursday and the greatness of the vehicle is just starting to sink in a week later. I do however have a dilemma....

I live in a small north eastern ontario town about a 5 to 6 hour drive North of Toronto. We have 2 gm dealers in our town and neither (as you can imagine) are Hummer dealers. I've been told by both service shops that they are not supposed to do warranty work. Strangely enought however both have brought in H3's from American wholesale auctions and I'm pretty sure they are going to service those rigs even though only 'Hummer dealers are supposed to service Hummer vehicles'.

Doesn't the GM warranty apply to all GM vehicles?

Is there anyone out there living in seclusion that has the same problem or even better have a solution or a suggestion for me.

Thanks alot in advance,

A proud, new H2 owner.

H2JP
03-28-2006, 10:46 PM
I don't live in seclusion but the nearest Hummer dealer was a couple of hours away and I got all of my warranty work done by a GM dealer.

Boss Hoss
03-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Ive had the same problem. I have several GM dealers in town(including cadillac) but the closest Hummer dealership is about 2 hours away. To my knowledge they are allowed to do the warranty work but it is a call of the dealership and they do not have to do it. I was told to be very nice to the service manager and perhaps he might be willing--WRONG!!! Non hummer GM dealerships will not touch my truck.

If they are selling H3's you would like to think they have to service them. I would start by speaking with the service manager, then escalate from there.

KenP
03-29-2006, 02:39 AM
You may want to start with HUMMER.

Boss Hoss
03-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by KenP:
You may want to start with HUMMER.

Guess i forgot to mention that...You can contact hummer tech support via onstar and sometimes they have abilities to set appointments for you at a GM dealership.

Fubar
03-29-2006, 09:49 PM
congrats on the new purchase.

welcome to the forum.

best of luck getting a GM dealership to do warranty work on your H2. Many will not. But perhaps if you're real nice or you find something to hold over them they might.