PDA

View Full Version : Clunk in footwells

Denny Crane
08-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Been irritated lately by a dull clunk at turns and increased angles while entering and exiting inclines. This new irritant arose post Tranny swap thus thinking the dealer didn't tighten a bolt or two. Return trip to dealer and i learn the front Body Mounts have collapsed requiring replacement. Noted as normal wear items - we have about 45K on our 03 and are not covered under the extended warranty, GMAC purchased at time of delivery.

Now, In my opinion if a body mount wears out before 50K and it's considered normal then GM has another issue...... RECALL a defective part.

Our H2 has barely seen any extreme offroading but does a fair bit of negiotating driveway inclines so maybe that's a bit too extreme for this "Off-Road" Vehicle?

Also the P&L to repair these 2 items is almost 600.00 so get ready, here comes yet another inevitable repair to prepare for.

D n Dallas

Denny Crane
08-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Been irritated lately by a dull clunk at turns and increased angles while entering and exiting inclines. This new irritant arose post Tranny swap thus thinking the dealer didn't tighten a bolt or two. Return trip to dealer and i learn the front Body Mounts have collapsed requiring replacement. Noted as normal wear items - we have about 45K on our 03 and are not covered under the extended warranty, GMAC purchased at time of delivery.

Now, In my opinion if a body mount wears out before 50K and it's considered normal then GM has another issue...... RECALL a defective part.

Our H2 has barely seen any extreme offroading but does a fair bit of negiotating driveway inclines so maybe that's a bit too extreme for this "Off-Road" Vehicle?

Also the P&L to repair these 2 items is almost 600.00 so get ready, here comes yet another inevitable repair to prepare for.

D n Dallas

Jimstepside
08-25-2005, 07:14 PM
If you have GMPP Major Guard extended warranty, they should be covered. There isn't too much that that warranty doesn't cover.

Albie
08-26-2005, 03:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimstepside:
If you have GMPP Major Guard extended warranty, they should be covered. There isn't too much that that warranty doesn't cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I had mine fix too Same problem....

Denny Crane
08-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Update, a lil arguiing that the body mounts shouldn't be classified in rubber parts with wiper blades and tires and we're covered.

Bad news.... GM is entirely out of stock.

Few more days with the Peppy Malibu Rent L.

D