PDA

View Full Version : H2 Finally Gets Stuck!

SJ
11-18-2002, 02:56 PM
I've thrown just about every obstacle at the H2 over the course of the past 2 months. The vehicle rises to the challenge each and every time I put it to the tests for which it was designed.

We were trailing in the Tahoe National Forest when lo and behold a mud pit spans 50 yards before us. Low Lock and Rear Axle Lock are engaged, then I proceed with some momentum before grabbing mud. 10 yards - all is good ... 20 yards - no problem ... 30 yards - floating across ... 40 yards - losing steam... 45 yards - mud is very deep ... surge, surge, and stop.

Knowing that forward progress is all but a pipe dream at this point, I disengage the Rear Axle [protect the drivetrain] and give a little throttle. I'm getting wheel spin and the H2 is up to the bottom of the door frames in the heaviest mud I've seen in a while. I missed the dry embankment at the end of the mud pit by all of 5 yards.

Fifteen minutes later the H2 is back on terra firma thanks to a Ford F-150.

I finally stopped the beast, but with a set of Mudders [future upgrade] I would have had more forward progress.

SJ
11-18-2002, 02:56 PM
I've thrown just about every obstacle at the H2 over the course of the past 2 months. The vehicle rises to the challenge each and every time I put it to the tests for which it was designed.

We were trailing in the Tahoe National Forest when lo and behold a mud pit spans 50 yards before us. Low Lock and Rear Axle Lock are engaged, then I proceed with some momentum before grabbing mud. 10 yards - all is good ... 20 yards - no problem ... 30 yards - floating across ... 40 yards - losing steam... 45 yards - mud is very deep ... surge, surge, and stop.

Knowing that forward progress is all but a pipe dream at this point, I disengage the Rear Axle [protect the drivetrain] and give a little throttle. I'm getting wheel spin and the H2 is up to the bottom of the door frames in the heaviest mud I've seen in a while. I missed the dry embankment at the end of the mud pit by all of 5 yards.

Fifteen minutes later the H2 is back on terra firma thanks to a Ford F-150.

I finally stopped the beast, but with a set of Mudders [future upgrade] I would have had more forward progress.

HummerGirl
11-18-2002, 03:03 PM
Oh great...a ford 150...Gee I can see that in their next commercial...if they can pull a "oil tanker" I guess they can haul a H2.

WOW! I can only imagine that mud!

Exciting!

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com

MAC
11-18-2002, 03:05 PM
This is exactly what I mean when I said Hummer H2 are pigs or hogs or boars. When did you ever see cats, dogs, horses or people play in the mud? well, people maybe, I've seen ladies in tiny fabrics wrestling in mud, but that is not play, it is sport, which I think should be included in the Olympic. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dan
11-18-2002, 04:11 PM
Mmmmmmmmm "ladies in tiny fabrics"

HummerGirl
11-18-2002, 09:08 PM
HA HA!!

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com

Big Z
11-18-2002, 09:26 PM
You should try the mud bog again, just use high lock and traction control. You were just to low to go. Just another opinion /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

SJ
11-18-2002, 09:33 PM
Big Z:

I have been wheeling for a fair number of years and I'll be the first person to admit that I don't know what to make of the traction control.

I saw no difference on slippery trails when engaging the TC2, so I figured I'd leave it off.

Next time I'm doing battle with M/T tires and the Traction Control as you recommend. If all else fails, I should have a winch by then. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mike
11-18-2002, 10:17 PM
SJ,

Sounds like you had some fun though!!

I agree with the Hi-Lock and the traction control on. I found that with TC2 on while in the mud, it does give you more wheel slippage and therefore more momentum when going through Mud or Sand. I've played with it for a while and it does make quite a difference.

Have you washed the underneath of your H2 yet? took me about 20 bucks in quarters to get all the mud that was caked underneath my H2.