PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Arm -passenger side

TroysH2
07-22-2003, 11:44 PM
I am curious to how many H-2 owner have disscovered that the passenge side wiper arm does not fold completely upward without rubbing against the painted surfaces. It would seem like an easy fix by removing and moving the wiper arm over one or two teeth like on most vechicles. However the H-2 has a pin or guide that makes this impossible. Any suggestion. I did take note at the dealership and most of the H-2's on the lot had the same problem(on the passenger side) thanks again, troy

TroysH2
07-22-2003, 11:44 PM
I am curious to how many H-2 owner have disscovered that the passenge side wiper arm does not fold completely upward without rubbing against the painted surfaces. It would seem like an easy fix by removing and moving the wiper arm over one or two teeth like on most vechicles. However the H-2 has a pin or guide that makes this impossible. Any suggestion. I did take note at the dealership and most of the H-2's on the lot had the same problem(on the passenger side) thanks again, troy

HappyJack
07-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Mine does not rub if I rotate it just a little as I bring it up.

This has been talked about before, just do a search and you will find out more info.

Cheers

[ formerly known as wannabe and wannabeinit ]

MAC
07-23-2003, 05:49 AM
This is true, but to me that is not a problem, that is just the way it is. Only matters when I wash the window, the solution is to lift the wiper arm a little, take 1/2 second. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BIGT
07-23-2003, 04:45 PM
Mac is right. All H2's are like this. Also, don't ever close your hood with the wipers up! This will damage to the hood.

Tony.

Hummer Man
07-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Take a 1/2" square rubber cusion and mount it to the wiper arm at the point of contact. This will eliminate paint wear. Theses cusion are roubly 3/32" thick and can be purchased at radio shack and some of the Big BOX DIS stores (LOWES / HOME DEPOT).
Best Regards!