PDA

View Full Version : painting my fabtech lift kit?

MONSTERMATT
11-13-2005, 06:21 PM
i got this idea that it would look cool to paint the components of the lift kit what do u think the proper procedure would be in doing so like the type of paint to use and would i have to sand the comoponents prior to painting i just want to know how i could go about doing this thanks

MONSTERMATT
11-13-2005, 06:21 PM
i got this idea that it would look cool to paint the components of the lift kit what do u think the proper procedure would be in doing so like the type of paint to use and would i have to sand the comoponents prior to painting i just want to know how i could go about doing this thanks

strongrhino
11-13-2005, 06:26 PM
I would check into powdercoating. No need for prep cause the shop will acid wash and sandblast the components. Only drawback will be having to remove and re-install.

MONSTERMATT
11-13-2005, 07:41 PM
how do i go about finding someone to powdercoat? how do i match the color exactly to the rancho red on the shoxs? what kind of shop can i find that does powdercoating? sorry for the newbie questions iam just not that familiar with gearhead stuff, oh and i havent installed the lift yet im gonna take it to get painted asap

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Just a thought on painting. It would be easier to paint the shocks to match fabtech unless You are wanting the red look. Which ever one You paint You will need to sand and prep for paint to get it to last. Powdercoating is something Dragon keeps up with as far as who is used. BUt, Iwould think You could google search and find a good one.

TAZ

TXSUT
11-14-2005, 07:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MONSTERMATT:
i havent installed the lift yet im gonna take it to get painted asap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you have an H2? I'm confused because you were recently asking about how to finance one.

MONSTERMATT
11-15-2005, 12:07 AM
NO IAM SPECULATING FOE WHEN I GET THE H2 AND THE LIFT , I DONT HAVE THE H2 IAM JUST GETTING MY PLAN TOGETHER BRO, SORRY TO MISLEAD YOU JUST TRYIN TO GET MY DUCKS IN A ROW BUT IAM MAD EXCITED FOR WHEN I FINALLY LAND ONE !!!!!PEACE

TXSUT
11-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Cool, good luck with it!

One bit of advice...typing in all caps on the internet means you're yelling, usually in anger.

-Pete

HGW
11-15-2005, 11:00 PM
You need to stop shouting at us.

Powdercoat the parts you want---tell them to kiss your ass if they void your warranty.

Your powertrain warranty will be toast anyway, might as well have the kit warranty toast as well.

MONSTERMATT
11-15-2005, 11:19 PM
sorry about the all caps i goofed!!!!!