PDA

View Full Version : Where are my lights?

VU
08-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone,

Over the weekend my I noticed that my daytime or fog lights were not on when my headlights where on, now during the day, when my headlighs are off, the daytime running lights are on, but when I turn on my headlighs nothing....

I even tried the auto, fog lights, headlamps switch.. nothing..

Now, when I get in and turn on my car, there are five beeps if you call it...

I just don't know.. any help would be great..

Aloha,

VU

VU
08-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone,

Over the weekend my I noticed that my daytime or fog lights were not on when my headlights where on, now during the day, when my headlighs are off, the daytime running lights are on, but when I turn on my headlighs nothing....

I even tried the auto, fog lights, headlamps switch.. nothing..

Now, when I get in and turn on my car, there are five beeps if you call it...

I just don't know.. any help would be great..

Aloha,

VU

Klaus
08-11-2003, 09:02 PM
If your headlights are not working correctly, check the fuse in the power distribution box under the hood. Look under the lid for the layout. If the fuse is OK, it might be the relay in the same box.

There are several relays in the box that are the same. One is for the DRLs, one for the low beams, and one for the high beams, among other things.

My high beam relay was bad from the factory. I found out the hard way on the highway at night. Flipped on the high beams and lost all my light!

Anyway, if your high beams work, swap out the high and low beam relays. If the low beams work, but the high beams are now not working, you've found the problem.

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."

VU
08-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys,

I will check everthing and see what's going on, I just swear that when my lights were on so were my daytime running lights, well.... off I go.

Take care,

VU