PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a Mobile/In-dash DVD/MP3 with ID3?

valkolton
02-12-2003, 04:55 AM
Does anyone know if there are any mobile DVD/MP3 players that display the folder and current song playing? Or even better, a list of the folders and songs in each directory.

I have an in-dash 7" motorized monitor, but need a dvd/mp3 player to mount in the dash or under the seat.

Thanks!

valkolton
02-12-2003, 04:55 AM
Does anyone know if there are any mobile DVD/MP3 players that display the folder and current song playing? Or even better, a list of the folders and songs in each directory.

I have an in-dash 7" motorized monitor, but need a dvd/mp3 player to mount in the dash or under the seat.

Thanks!

mitchell green
02-15-2003, 03:44 PM
The alpine dva-7996 has id3 tag and also does am/fm/dvd/mp3. i have worked with this unit personally. it is incredible. email me for any questions. i'd love to help.

valkolton
02-16-2003, 12:57 AM
I ended up getting the Nextbase II portable DVD player. It has nice menus for the DVD and MP3 selection, and it is SUPER small - about the size of two dvd cases. I am going to mount it under the seat or wherever the installer thinks will fit best.

For screens, I have an in-dash Rosen 7" motorized unit, and I am ordering two 5.6" headrest LCDs.

I still do not think this unit shows Id-3 tags, but I know you can navigate the directories and the like. Anyhow, I can't wait to put the whole system in the H2...

What else am I getting?
2 12" Subwoofers, 600 watt Amp, Xbox, wireless headphones, wheels + tires...

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/images/nextbase2-19.jpg
Val