PDA

View Full Version : Installing New Seats in the Hummer

HUMMERDOGG
03-12-2004, 04:23 AM
Is there enough room in the H1 to install driver/front passenger seats like those found in the H2 with the integrated seat belt? I have yet to read or see about a Hummer that has retrofitted General Motors seatbelt integrated seats and was wondering if there just isn't enough room. If the case is that there just isn't the room, could the doghouse be refabbed to accomodate these wider seats?

Again, as I mentioned in the other TT4 thread, I do not yet have an H1 but am very interested and thus, forced to ask these types of questions.

Thanks...

HUMMERDOGG
Is there enough room in the H1 to install driver/front passenger seats like those found in the H2 with the integrated seat belt? I have yet to read or see about a Hummer that has retrofitted General Motors seatbelt integrated seats and was wondering if there just isn't enough room. If the case is that there just isn't the room, could the doghouse be refabbed to accomodate these wider seats?

Again, as I mentioned in the other TT4 thread, I do not yet have an H1 but am very interested and thus, forced to ask these types of questions.

Thanks...

HUMMERDOGG

Thanks...

ssgharkness020147
03-12-2004, 06:09 AM
There was a post a while back on Humvee.net about this. The people were not trying to install H2 seats, I think it was Reccaro seats. The passanger space in the H1 is minimal, aftermarket seats can be installed but do to the tight space the mounts usually have to be modified. If you would like I would measure the width of the H1 seat for you, as well as how much space there is on the floor. The other problem I see about sticking H2 seats in a H1 is that they are power seats. The H1 does not have this, the H1 is made to take on water in the passanger compartment during deep fording situations. Thats why there are four drain plugs in the truck, the power motors of the seats in the H2 would be fried if they got soaked with water.