PDA

View Full Version : New NAV Install (Kenwood ddx-7025)

Rene S. Nielsen
10-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi

I'm just about to get my first Hummer H2 (used 2004 model), in about 2 months.
I have bought the Kenwood NAV headunit (DDX-7025) same as DDX-7015 but different region code.

I know this have been answered before, but I can't find the thread.

I need 2 different things I think....
1)
I some kind of little "box" that will make my all the warning sounds keep working, when I remove the original radio.

2)
Some kind of "box" that will make the "remote" on the sterring wheel control my new Kenwood radio.

I really hope some of you here can help me. I'm from Denmark, and we don't have access to these kind of things, so I need to get them on the internet, and then have them shipped.

By the way, We don't have On-Star so I don't need that to continue woorking.

Best Regards
Rene

PS. This really is a great forum.

Rene S. Nielsen
10-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi

I have bought the Kenwood NAV headunit (DDX-7025) same as DDX-7015 but different region code.

1)
I some kind of little "box" that will make my all the warning sounds keep working, when I remove the original radio.

2)
Some kind of "box" that will make the "remote" on the sterring wheel control my new Kenwood radio.

I really hope some of you here can help me. I'm from Denmark, and we don't have access to these kind of things, so I need to get them on the internet, and then have them shipped.

Best Regards
Rene

PS. This really is a great forum.

Nixxxster
10-11-2005, 02:28 AM
Rene,
This site will have everything you need
http://www.pac-audio.com I just install a Pioneer D1 and everything work

W1N
10-11-2005, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rene S. Nielsen:
Hi

1)

2)

Best Regards
Rene

PS. This really is a great forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Rene, Welcome!

Do you have the Scandinavian GPS maps that that work in the Kenwood? If not, where do you plan to get them?

Thanks!

Rene S. Nielsen
10-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi

Yes I have the Europe GPS map. It's perfect, the map of Italy is not great, but Denmark Germany and France have been woorking perfect.

I love the radio, and that's why I would love to have it installed into the new Hummer.

I have the Music Keg, the TV tuner, And the NAV unit. It's a very nice setup. I think it's because of the touch screen, it makes it very easy to use.

I would just like to have the DVD region free, but I don't think that will work.

Rene

W1N
10-11-2005, 05:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rene S. Nielsen:
Hi

Yes I have the Europe GPS map. It's perfect, the map of Italy is not great, but Denmark Germany and France have been woorking perfect.

I love the radio, and that's why I would love to have it installed into the new Hummer.

I have the Music Keg, the TV tuner, And the NAV unit. It's a very nice setup. I think it's because of the touch screen, it makes it very easy to use.

I would just like to have the DVD region free, but I don't think that will work.

Rene </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks!

There should be web sites that list all the codes the get DVDs region free. Although I'm sure if there are any regarding this one. Try Google.

Can you post the Nav unit product number. I'm interested of getting that as well. Or the newer one, DDX-8027.

Thanks!