PDA

View Full Version : 2004 H2 and PAC units?

JohnnyRPM
04-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Now that I've chosen my head unit, I need to get it installed. First question....the PAC units that allow you to replace the factory head units and retain the rest of the BOSE system....anyone know if it works with the '04 H2? The C2A-GM24 is specifically noted NOT to work so I'm not sure for the OEM-1 I guess I'd need. I'm not looking to add an amp, I'm looking to replace the head unit.

Also, the techs at Tweeter told me I couldn't just replace the head unit and leave the Bose stuff. They said something about the fact that all the converters do is provide a resistor and that by the time it got from the head unit to the speaker it would be way underpowered. They say it works, but just barely, and it sounds like crap. Is this just a sales pitch to sell me a new amp and speakers to rewire the car and replace the Bose stuff?

My plan was to replace the head unit, and add the JL Stealhbox and amp and leave it at that. I'll upgrade the factory speakers to components or at least upgraded multi purpose speakers later.

Thanks,

john

JohnnyRPM
Now that I've chosen my head unit, I need to get it installed. First question....the PAC units that allow you to replace the factory head units and retain the rest of the BOSE system....anyone know if it works with the '04 H2? The C2A-GM24 is specifically noted NOT to work so I'm not sure for the OEM-1 I guess I'd need. I'm not looking to add an amp, I'm looking to replace the head unit.

Also, the techs at Tweeter told me I couldn't just replace the head unit and leave the Bose stuff. They said something about the fact that all the converters do is provide a resistor and that by the time it got from the head unit to the speaker it would be way underpowered. They say it works, but just barely, and it sounds like crap. Is this just a sales pitch to sell me a new amp and speakers to rewire the car and replace the Bose stuff?

My plan was to replace the head unit, and add the JL Stealhbox and amp and leave it at that. I'll upgrade the factory speakers to components or at least upgraded multi purpose speakers later.

Thanks,

john

JohnnyRPM

Thanks,

john

Klaus
04-30-2004, 07:05 PM
You should probably contact PAC and ask them.

Here's their web site:

http://www.pac-audio.com

Application Guide:

http://www.pac-audio.com/app_guide/class2products.pdf

NJ H2
04-30-2004, 08:41 PM
I have n 04' with the PAC harness that allows steering wheel controls (but not all controls) and another PAC harness that allows me to keep ONSTAR. I don't know what the part#'s are anymore.
I have an amp but it's for the JL Stealth Box. You don't need an amp it you don't have a SUB.

HummMe
04-30-2004, 09:39 PM
If you are looking to retain your on star then you will need one of these Digistar B (http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/soundigistarb.html) I have one unopened still in the box you could have for $100. I was gonna change the stereo but funds went elsewhere. I paid over $150 plus shipping. Let me know.

urban-assault
04-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Does this digistar also allow you to use the new head unit with the factory bose system? Or is it just for on-star?

HummMe
05-01-2004, 06:37 PM
It is for both. You can check the link, they sell one for Bose(B) and one without.