PDA

View Full Version : OK, I read the manual again, ?

Centerfire
11-12-2003, 12:41 AM
OK I read the manual again.. I swear the more I read it the stupider I get. This is a 2 parter.

1. Ac/Heat controls.. Ok if I put it on auto the display indicates on my feet and body.. If I want it on defrost and etc. you can not use "Auto"??? Will auto work on defrost or do I put on defrost then later cahnge it back to auto?

2. ALL THE DAMN TRANSAXLE BUTTONS.
I don't do any heavy off road. this is really concerned with Snow.. in Indy we can get some snow.. My driveway to apprx 900 ft long and ends up with 3-4 ft drifts at times.

4Hi is for normal driving I got that one.
4Hi Lock. Is this for driving under say 60 -65 with snow on the road ?
4Lo and the other two buttons when or what the heck are they for?

Ok pros. Help me

Mike

Centerfire
11-12-2003, 12:41 AM
OK I read the manual again.. I swear the more I read it the stupider I get. This is a 2 parter.

1. Ac/Heat controls.. Ok if I put it on auto the display indicates on my feet and body.. If I want it on defrost and etc. you can not use "Auto"??? Will auto work on defrost or do I put on defrost then later cahnge it back to auto?

2. ALL THE DAMN TRANSAXLE BUTTONS.
I don't do any heavy off road. this is really concerned with Snow.. in Indy we can get some snow.. My driveway to apprx 900 ft long and ends up with 3-4 ft drifts at times.

4Hi is for normal driving I got that one.
4Hi Lock. Is this for driving under say 60 -65 with snow on the road ?
4Lo and the other two buttons when or what the heck are they for?

Ok pros. Help me

Mike

JSA_3
11-12-2003, 03:01 AM
No pro here, but you got it on the A/C....Defrost (as well as any other mode button)overrides Auto, and you have to manually set your defrost temps (I don't know if you can select two different temps on the windshield) then you have to manually reselect Auto and your temps after using defrost. If you watch, the arrows (in auto)will change according to the temp you select and outside temp, and where "it" thinks the air needs to be routed (dash, floor or combo).

As for your transaxle question you are right on 4hi and 4hi lock (be sure you are not on dry pavement) 4lo - when traction is compromised by incline, rocks, mud, snow, ice or any combination. Definitely not for use on dry pavement. And should be deselected after traction is regained.

OK - real pros -- jump in.

John

HappyJack
11-13-2003, 04:06 AM
I would only add that 4hi lock is good on any pavement that is slippery (snow or ice). However, pavement that is simply wet is usually not very slippery and will put a considerable strain on the drive train in 4hi lock.

Cheers

DURAMAX TIM
11-13-2003, 10:49 AM
W/ the traction control u should be ok for normal driving on snowy roads.
Your driveway w/ deep drifts u may have to go 4 hi loc and for a little extra push use the rear loc and maybe the TC2.
The 'TC2' button allows more wheel slipage like in deep snow or mud and u need to spin the tires (allows for 'drive it like u stole it').
On a lomg muddy hill climb at the last HH I was in 4 low loc and rear locked while going up the hill the traction control kept applying the brakes so I couldn't go real fast.
Others behind I told to use 'TC2' which lets the wheels spin some and give more wheel speed.
U'll do better in standard 4 hi then most vehicles in 4 lock so I wouldn't worry much.
For snowy roads u won't need 4 low at all.

Yell'r 04 Lux w/ air, sunroof,F&R brush bars
Traded 03 White Lux
03 GMC D/A CC SLT LB soon to be 04

Centerfire
11-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Thanks for info.. I suppose If I get confused. I can always just drive the Old Sub... I will wait for winter and see what works.. With any luck we wil have an easy winter. Good possiblity for an easy winter,because I just had a new Snow plow delivered for my Skid steer.

Mike