PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know correct Z height?

DavidAragon
11-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi,
I've been battling with my GM dealer here in town to correctly adjust my Z height on my 03' H2.

I just got it back again yesterday and he said it's at spec... BUT, it's exactly where it was before!!!

From researching it myself, I came up with a z height of 4.5" (taken from the web link that someone listed here)... Last I looked at mine, it was at 4" (not that a half inch is all that much but I want them to fix it the right way).

In order to drive straight down the road, I have to hold my steering wheel at about 10:30 instead of 12 noon like I would on my Jeep... That to me makes me think that something is still wrong...

Can anyone provide any help?

Thanks,
David

DavidAragon
Hi,
I've been battling with my GM dealer here in town to correctly adjust my Z height on my 03' H2.

I just got it back again yesterday and he said it's at spec... BUT, it's exactly where it was before!!!

From researching it myself, I came up with a z height of 4.5" (taken from the web link that someone listed here)... Last I looked at mine, it was at 4" (not that a half inch is all that much but I want them to fix it the right way).

In order to drive straight down the road, I have to hold my steering wheel at about 10:30 instead of 12 noon like I would on my Jeep... That to me makes me think that something is still wrong...

Thanks,
David

DavidAragon
Hi,

Thanks,
David

PARAGON
11-05-2004, 02:18 PM
If you haven't hit a big pothole or done something else to knock the alignment you might have something wrong further up the steering linkage.

It sounds like they didn't do an alignment after screwing with the z-height.