PDA

View Full Version : Installing coil-over in the front?

DavidAragon
07-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Hi,
Anyone ever try to install coil-over shocks in the front? My right side (torsion bar) is lower than the left... seems like I'd get better off-road performance with a coil-over...
Thanks,
David

DavidAragon
07-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Hi,
Anyone ever try to install coil-over shocks in the front? My right side (torsion bar) is lower than the left... seems like I'd get better off-road performance with a coil-over...
Thanks,
David

drmiles
07-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Haven't tried coil overs, but my right side was fully tightened and sitting lower. Dealer repalced Torsion Bar and tightener (sorry don't know the real name)

That Helped.

Jerry

drmiles
07-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Haven't tried coil overs, but my right side was fully tightened and sitting lower. Dealer repalced Torsion Bar and tightener (sorry don't know the real name)

That Helped.

Jerry

DavidAragon
07-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Hi,
Thanks. I adjusted my right bar (maxed out also) and it's still a bit lower. My dealer said that torsion bar adjustments are not a warranty thing but I assume that if it's maxed out, that may be.

What about an electric fan? Anyone replace their clutch fan for an electric?

Thanks,
David

DavidAragon
07-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Hi,
Thanks. I adjusted my right bar (maxed out also) and it's still a bit lower. My dealer said that torsion bar adjustments are not a warranty thing but I assume that if it's maxed out, that may be.

What about an electric fan? Anyone replace their clutch fan for an electric?

Thanks,
David

BKLYNH2
07-20-2004, 01:25 PM
David-
A) Electric fan - don't do it if you want to off road. We just got back from a weekend off road trip and spent a great deal of time repairing and replacing an electric fan that one H2 had. Once we start getting our picks up I'm sure there will be more about what happened in the thread.
B) I looked into coilovers they are fairly expensive and for the type of offroading your likley to do in an H2 I don't think they are a great choice. I recently got the edelbrock xtreme trave shocks with the remote resevoir and after two off road trips on them can't say enough about how much I like them. I definitely recommend.
Peter

BKLYNH2
07-20-2004, 01:25 PM
David-
A) Electric fan - don't do it if you want to off road. We just got back from a weekend off road trip and spent a great deal of time repairing and replacing an electric fan that one H2 had. Once we start getting our picks up I'm sure there will be more about what happened in the thread.
B) I looked into coilovers they are fairly expensive and for the type of offroading your likley to do in an H2 I don't think they are a great choice. I recently got the edelbrock xtreme trave shocks with the remote resevoir and after two off road trips on them can't say enough about how much I like them. I definitely recommend.
Peter