PDA

View Full Version : 06 H1 deck/navi install help

Imagine
11-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Which radio harness should I use to install an Eclipse AVN5435 into a 06 H1 Hummer with a Monsson system? Metra Tech support wasnt much help. They told me first a GMOS 04 and it was wrong than a normal harness 70-2003 which still didnt work.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, I know that no one has probably touched one of these yet.

Imagine
11-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Which radio harness should I use to install an Eclipse AVN5435 into a 06 H1 Hummer with a Monsson system? Metra Tech support wasnt much help. They told me first a GMOS 04 and it was wrong than a normal harness 70-2003 which still didnt work.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, I know that no one has probably touched one of these yet.

Imagine
11-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Ok I found that it just uses the typical wire harness, no need to bypass or use anything to power on the amp, but where is the best place to tap into the VSS wire?

kodiakz
11-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Couldn't find the vss wire on an '06 anywhere in my resources, but you could pull the cluster if not too difficult, or call 800-kenwood on monday and ask them. I have found them ot be a great resource for vss and reverse wires. They will not tell you the location, but rather insist that the info is faxed to you.

Planohummer
12-02-2005, 02:16 PM
vss is yellow wire coming out of speedo cluster(there are two-use the one from the speedo, not the tach)
You will have a problem with the vehicle speed reading initially-the Eclipse units are built to accept 4k-8k pulses per mile. The Alpha produces 128k pulses per mile. You'll either need a pulse divider or to add a signal generator(magnets) to the driveshaft--otherwise you'll show about 800 mph on the hwy http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif. If you're using the signal generator, don't forget about the net effect of geared hubs on the relationship between driveshaft speed and vehicle speed.

timgco
07-07-2006, 03:46 AM
So, was this ever resolved? same things needed for an 04?