10-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Who is going?

OldHiker
10-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Who is going?

shipbldr
10-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Hong and I will be there!

It'll be great to see you again. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OldHiker
10-13-2005, 12:18 PM
My wife and I should be there mid-afternoon. See you then.

Joe
10-13-2005, 09:29 PM
going to miss it. Please let us all know how it goes.

OldHiker
10-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Just arrived. We have a long 2 1/2 mile trail! Whooppe!! 4 1/2 hour drive to get here. Board my dogs for the weekend.

Can hardly wait for tomorrow. I am really containing my excitement.

shipbldr
10-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Hong and I are up here too.

Talked with Bill. Turns out I might wind up making some boats for him.

This was sort of the last place I thought I would wind up selling more boats...

This place looks pretty neat. I can hardly wait to check out the animals... Hong's going to love that!

Saw your truck Old_hiker... still love that little message on the back!

Charles

OldHiker
10-15-2005, 12:38 AM
I have to get over to the place first thing tomorrow. With all the rain we have been having in the last 10 days, I haven’t been able to remove the side rails.

I don’t think this is going to be a repeater. See my post in the forum. 2.5 miles of trails! Wow!

I’ll see you there in the am.

Ken

shipbldr
10-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Trail Damage is OK. I can live with trail damage...

But crap just falling apart in the parking lot? No way.

Todays damage tally:

New body damage: None
Power steering pump finally "burped" out all air": Add 2/3 quart ps fluid. (Thanks John and Diane for helping with the pour!)
UCP finally got "massaged" into contact with exhaust. New UCP/Rubber duck time!!

BUT... in the parking lot while adding power steering fluid:

Passenger side hood strap fell apart...AHHHH!!!
Then...
While reaching for off-road light switch I broke loose the prototype housing I made for left of the dash... (Bondo is NOT a structural element!)

Finally... to add insult to injury...

I get back to the hotel room and find I forgot to palce last nights pizza in the fridge... and so NO SNACK FOR CHUCKIE!

It is time to find a cheaper hobby. Like maybe cocaine.

Comment: Inverter is 100% paid for now. Inverter powered big bright florescent work lights from my toolboax so John, Diane, Hong, and I could easily see exactly what we were doing, bright as day, in an otherwise pitch black parking lot. It made the power steering fluid refill easy...

H3OwnerDiz
10-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Sorry to hear that shp. With the H2 that was stolen this month, to your H2 problems this weekend, and the MOAB battle damage, it seems like October, 2005 is one that a lot on this board won't soon forget.

shipbldr
10-16-2005, 09:54 PM
All is well that ends well!

I found a way to fix the UCP that is sheer genius!!! Wish I had thought of if myself!!!

Hong and I had a very comfortable ride home... nice quiet truck, warm, toasty... happy.

I'll post pictures in a little bit http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif