PDA

View Full Version : Auto Show In Motion

killian
04-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Just got back from the General Motors Auto Show in Motion. That's a "car show" where they have all the latest GM, and soon to be released GM vehicles available to see, feel and drive. They had it at the Phoenix International Raceway (filming location for Days of Thunder, in case anyone cares) There were all sorts of 2005 and 2006 models to choose from to include a wide selection from Hummer. That is, if you consider 6 or 7 H2s to be a wide selection. There were Onstar demonstrations, XM radio demos and even the not yet released (?) 2006 Chevrolet HHR, but no freekin' H3! ( not even any H1s.)

I did get a chance to speak to a Hummer rep who said that the H3 was very cool. He was firm on the price starting at 30k basic, to 36k loaded. He said not to expect them to start showing up until june, but there may be some out a little earlier.

He also said there talks about the future H2 and H3 having an Alpha option package, but that's just in the talking stage right now.

You know, Just FYI and all.

killian
04-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Just got back from the General Motors Auto Show in Motion. That's a "car show" where they have all the latest GM, and soon to be released GM vehicles available to see, feel and drive. They had it at the Phoenix International Raceway (filming location for Days of Thunder, in case anyone cares) There were all sorts of 2005 and 2006 models to choose from to include a wide selection from Hummer. That is, if you consider 6 or 7 H2s to be a wide selection. There were Onstar demonstrations, XM radio demos and even the not yet released (?) 2006 Chevrolet HHR, but no freekin' H3! ( not even any H1s.)

I did get a chance to speak to a Hummer rep who said that the H3 was very cool. He was firm on the price starting at 30k basic, to 36k loaded. He said not to expect them to start showing up until june, but there may be some out a little earlier.

He also said there talks about the future H2 and H3 having an Alpha option package, but that's just in the talking stage right now.

You know, Just FYI and all.

usetosellhummer
04-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Last I heard before leaving Hummer is a small block v-8 or the new v-6 for the H3 Alpha.
The H2 cannot hold the Duramax so an Isuzu diesel is a possibility for H2 Alpha.

killian
04-07-2005, 10:16 PM
I asked dude about a six for the H3 and he said "no way". I asked about a turbocharger for the i5 and he said that there was one in the H3T concept and there would most likely be one available for the H3 but not in 06, maybe later.
He seemed to hesitate on Euro delevery for a diesel.