PDA

View Full Version : 2005 H2 radio's relation to truck functions

vip808
12-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know what non-radio functions (i.e. seat memory recall) are controlled/related to the 2005 H2's factory stereo system? Does any of the 4WD switching run through the stereo?
I would ask my service dept./dealership for help but they went out of business and now me and every Hummer/Cadillac owner in Hawaii is in limbo.

vip808
Does anyone know what non-radio functions (i.e. seat memory recall) are controlled/related to the 2005 H2's factory stereo system? Does any of the 4WD switching run through the stereo?
I would ask my service dept./dealership for help but they went out of business and now me and every Hummer/Cadillac owner in Hawaii is in limbo.

vip808

TMKHUM
12-04-2004, 08:13 PM
It should be nothing, unless GM did some drastic with electrical/network architecture.

Our trucks have an 'onboard' network with the BCM, PCM, Radio, A/C, driver's side door module, etc. all on the network. If one of those modules goes down, it should not bring down the network, or interfere with the other modules (unless they rely on data from the missing or faulty module).

I have removed my factory radio, it has no affect on the other modules.

If you do modify something, do some researching, and make sure you don't mess with data wire, without a proper interface (i.e. soundgate, pac-audio, trilogix, etc. unit).

Hope this helps.

vip808
12-05-2004, 01:27 AM
THKHUM,
Thanks for posting in. Could you tell me what year is your Hummer and what interface you used?
For 2-3 years all my friends/family who either owned a Hummer or Escalade and had their stereos tricked out had some kind of problem that required them to have their stock stereo head unit tucked away somewhere in their truck.I too had problems with my 2002 Chevy Tahoe.(turned out to be a defective BCM) We all had our trucks done at different shops. I thought it was a Hawaii thing until I started joining other stereo forums and heard the same things from different parts of the country.
So far I haven't heard of anyone owning a 2004-05 H2 who successfully upgraded their system while retaining all of their stock functions...but then again I've never heard of trilogix before.
Thanks again TMKHUM, I'm hoping to get as much info on the subject as I can.