PDA

View Full Version : You're living my dream!

MBK
11-22-2002, 02:29 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been a lurker here for a while, drooling over your new rigs! I'm in no position to buy (just bought a condo here in NYC!), but who knows, maybe in 2005 /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've never been an SUV fan (normally I think they are too big, too gas guzzling, etc. Ironic that now I want one of the largest thirstiest ones out there!), but no other car has ever snagged me like the H2.

I see a lot of great cars in NYC, but the first time I saw an H2 I knew I wanted one.

Enjoy your rigs, I'll be living vicariously!
-Max

MBK
11-22-2002, 02:29 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been a lurker here for a while, drooling over your new rigs! I'm in no position to buy (just bought a condo here in NYC!), but who knows, maybe in 2005 /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've never been an SUV fan (normally I think they are too big, too gas guzzling, etc. Ironic that now I want one of the largest thirstiest ones out there!), but no other car has ever snagged me like the H2.

I see a lot of great cars in NYC, but the first time I saw an H2 I knew I wanted one.

Enjoy your rigs, I'll be living vicariously!
-Max

bklynh2srock
11-22-2002, 09:44 PM
Hey, maybe you can stop by and ogle ours, fellow Brooklynite -- we're picking it up on 12/2! Yes, we're attempting the ludicrous, an H2 in NYC. If you see a Pewter one tooling around North Bklyn, give a wave. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

MBK
11-25-2002, 02:15 PM
I'm in the Prospect Heights area, where are you? If you see a brown-haired guy and Chinese girl waving madly at you, that would be me and my wife! I'll be interested to see how you far in our tight quartered city. I've seen 3 H2s around in Brooklyn so far, and everyone driving them has big dumb grins plastered all over their faces!

MAC
11-25-2002, 03:23 PM
Hummer is more exciting to drive in tight urban quarters than in the open suburbs, to see and be seen. Managing the daily urban traffic is more exciting and tiring than toughest off-roads. There is a lot more inter-actions between the Hummer and thousands of people inches away on a constant basis which requires facial, hand and verbal expressions, rapid braking, lane change and frequent turning, hourly close-calls and near collisions, constant extreme brain power usage. Whereas off-roads, it takes hours to get to the spot, extreme slow speed and minimum brain usage. I tried both, I get my kicks more in downtown than on lonely mud roads.

Zing
11-25-2002, 03:40 PM
...scaring taxis out of your way, ominous potholes will be an afterthought, flooding on the FDR will now be fun. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

bklynh2srock
11-25-2002, 11:53 PM
MBK- we're in Brooklyn Heights. I figure if those box trucks get around alright, we'll be okay too (har har). We'll be sure to drive by Prospect Heights and wave like the prom king and queen.

In our life, we seem to strivefor the ludicrous, so reading MAC and Zazing's posts just made us smile from ear to ear! Six days, eleven hours, forty minutes to go (and it's killing us).

Zing
11-26-2002, 01:14 AM
...and then there's those trips through NJ on that really wide route 80 where the lanes on the other side of the divider going in the same direction are moving fast and your stuck in traffic. Now you won't need to slow down as you jump over the divider.