PDA

View Full Version : ARC Refrigerator/Freezer.. GREAT.

Mindsender
11-14-2002, 03:21 AM
Just got the 42quart model (this is the one from Australia that Hummer sells through dealership accessories) and it is a rock. Build quality is the best I've ever seen ( and should be at $619), but even when things are expensive, a lot of times they are still ****. This one has a paint job almost like a car, it weighs 53 lbs, and is just made for abuse. Norcold, etc are all equally expensive or more, and you really couldn't get better than this thing, so it's not a rip. My dealer where I bought said he was giving it to me at his cost. Who knows. Anyway, it took the temperature down to zero with no problem, and runs really quiet and cool.
My wife and I are taking a months long trip to Northern States soon with two Old English Sheep dogs (children) and we needed to be able to keep their Lamb frozen. Of course, they eat tuna, corned beef, chicken ocassionally but really, Lambs their favorite. Sure, you think I'm a big liberal idiot now, but you don't know the facts. Ever been inclosed in a car with a dog who has an upset gastric tract, and a "recirculate" button that won't go off? They just don't feel "normal" if they don't get their lamb. Anyway, we keep them cut close with a poodle cut so they'll fit in the back.. with their new friend, the freezer. It says HUMMER on the side in big black letters. Do you think that's going toooooooooo far. I could peel it off, you know. "Hummer"... ...freezer. I think I'm going stupid. MIne is yellow. That's important. Paul

Mindsender
11-14-2002, 03:21 AM
Just got the 42quart model (this is the one from Australia that Hummer sells through dealership accessories) and it is a rock. Build quality is the best I've ever seen ( and should be at $619), but even when things are expensive, a lot of times they are still ****. This one has a paint job almost like a car, it weighs 53 lbs, and is just made for abuse. Norcold, etc are all equally expensive or more, and you really couldn't get better than this thing, so it's not a rip. My dealer where I bought said he was giving it to me at his cost. Who knows. Anyway, it took the temperature down to zero with no problem, and runs really quiet and cool.
My wife and I are taking a months long trip to Northern States soon with two Old English Sheep dogs (children) and we needed to be able to keep their Lamb frozen. Of course, they eat tuna, corned beef, chicken ocassionally but really, Lambs their favorite. Sure, you think I'm a big liberal idiot now, but you don't know the facts. Ever been inclosed in a car with a dog who has an upset gastric tract, and a "recirculate" button that won't go off? They just don't feel "normal" if they don't get their lamb. Anyway, we keep them cut close with a poodle cut so they'll fit in the back.. with their new friend, the freezer. It says HUMMER on the side in big black letters. Do you think that's going toooooooooo far. I could peel it off, you know. "Hummer"... ...freezer. I think I'm going stupid. MIne is yellow. That's important. Paul

HummerGirl
11-17-2002, 12:43 AM
naw you aren't doing anything different than we do for our real human child to make him more like home when we drive. Like a nice 9 inch TV to watch his Thomas the train and Military Vehicles (Humvees)!!!!

we know what you go through!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com

DRTYFN
11-17-2002, 09:51 PM
Has anyone ever heard of or had any experience with the Fridge Freeze brand? They are VERY EXPENSIVE!!!! But I was wondering if they were even remotely worthwhile?

This is the link:
http://www.fridgefreeze.com/

Zing
11-17-2002, 10:02 PM
Mindsender, I hadn't looked into refrigerators yet and was wondering if it drains down the battery and how quick? How often do you need to run the car?