PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for the factory

CJ
11-29-2002, 12:28 AM
If the factory asked for a suggestion to make the h2 better for you what would it be?
The only thing I have run into is that when the little lady pulls down the visor to use the mirror the seat should move all the way up:)

CJ
11-29-2002, 12:28 AM
If the factory asked for a suggestion to make the h2 better for you what would it be?
The only thing I have run into is that when the little lady pulls down the visor to use the mirror the seat should move all the way up:)

Zing
11-29-2002, 12:59 AM
Have blue or even a selection of customized colors. The H1 has a shade of blue that I love.

MAC
11-29-2002, 02:04 AM
CJ's little lady must have longer neck or bigger face than my Queen, moving seat up all the way didn't work here. That gives me a good idea, they should have drop down 3 sided vanity mirrors with lights all around. http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/sloppy.gif

AL MOORE
11-29-2002, 10:19 AM
I need the factory XM satelitte radio.

"Follow the white rabit" .........Matrix 1999

JCJ
11-29-2002, 11:04 AM
Water-proof padding of door compartments.
Steering wheel controls for AC.
(Slight in-glass) tinting of upper (1/8th?) part of wind shield.
And yes, make-up booth in passenger-seat (w/ ejector-seat).
To name a few.

JCJ
11-29-2002, 04:00 PM
More color options for interior, leather AND cloth.
Quadrangular off road roof lights (looking less like 4-eared Mickey Mouse, as mini-me-JCJ calls the Hummer /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).

Dan
11-29-2002, 05:41 PM
I was going to suggest a James Bond type of outlet in the rear that releases oil to create a dangerously slippery oil slick on the road to fend off H2 wannabes, tree huggers, and the occasional russian spy.

But it seems this option is already available in the form of the transfer case. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

- Dan

11-29-2002, 06:54 PM
Why don't vehicles come painted any color you want? I mean, I'm ordering the vehicle with custom options and they're building it to my spec, why can't I say at the same time, give me /this color/ (maybe a Pantone #) and be done with it? How hard can that be for them to do?

Bill Kervaski
11-29-2002, 07:41 PM
Independent suspension all around like the H2 concept.

Factory XM radio.

A FACTORY INSTALLED external tire mount with NO TRACE that it once was inside. (This is what's keeping me from switching - the hardware left over inside)

That's about it. I like it as it is really.

- Bill

buddy
11-29-2002, 08:20 PM
How about some HID lighting to give me the eyesight of a 19 yr old at night.

A locking front differential.

Maybe some kind of control for steep downhill braking. Something like the Range Rover is suppose to have. Like I'll ever get to use it here in Fla.

There's no doubt we'll being seeing some of these down the road. It'll be interesting to see just how GM improves upon the H2.

Buddy

HummerGirl
11-29-2002, 09:41 PM
HA HA!!

I am dying laughing at the response about the ejector seat. I need one of those for my backseat driver husband.http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Clap%20Hands.gif

and Bill I use the hardware that's left over from putting the tire on the back as a "handicap-handle" to get inside the back to get that watermelon that rolled to the rear seat after grocery shopping. It also holds a nice duffle bag or sleeping bag as well and keeps it from falling when turning. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hey did you know that a loaf of bread fits nicely in the slot on the right in the cargo bay? Perfect. No more mushed bread.

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

MAC
11-29-2002, 09:58 PM
Double visor opens downward that covers double vertical space. Imporant when on a straight north-south highway at sunrise or sunset.
Build-inside glass visors for rear seats.
Factory build-in backup warning sensor and/or camera.
Window glass marking should say HUMMER, not GM as now.
In dash LCD/GPS. Power adjustable heated reclining rear seats.
Alternative new grill which does not look like a Jeep, make it so that older H2s can be modified too.

HummerGirl
11-29-2002, 10:16 PM
I know what you mean about the grill looking too much like a jeep, but I don't necessarily think civilian-90's models when I see Jeep. For some reason the Jeep name or look reminds me of the old 4077th M*A*S*H jeeps!

Were those Jeeps by the way in those shows???

~amy

Hummie2
11-29-2002, 11:56 PM
Mac...

Actually Hummer has more original Jeep heritage than the present day "yuppie" Chrysler Jeep has. The first prototype "General Purpose 1/4ton truck" or "GP" and named Jeep after a character in the Popeye cartoon by the soldiers, were built by three car companies ( Bantam, Willys Overland & Ford).Willys and Ford won the contract to build WW2 military Jeeps. After the war Willys carried on military (M38 and M38A1) models as well as building civilian Jeeps (CJ2A, CJ3A, CJ3B, CJ5, a early pick-up and station models). In 1960s Willys was bought by Kaiser producing CJ5, M38A1, and a military CJ3B model during Viet Nam. Kaiser also developed the Gladiator pick-up and Wagoneer. American Motors Corp. bought Kaiser in early 1970s building CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, Wagoneers, Cheorkees(big & small) & pick-ups(big & small) and spun-off AM General building military/postal vehicles and developing the Humvee. Ford had another brief stint between the M38A1 and Humvee building a rollover prone 1/4 ton utility called M151. Finding a surplus M151 is even more rare than finding a surplus Humvee as most were cut up for scrap as is present Humvee if not refurbished by AM General. Chrysler bought Jeep name after AMC's demise and the poor Jeep has been sick ever since.

Don

[This message was edited by Hummie2 on November 29, 2002 at 06:05 PM.]

[This message was edited by Hummie2 on November 29, 2002 at 06:20 PM.]

Zing
11-30-2002, 12:27 AM
That's really interesting Don, thanks for posting that. I've always said that the H2 is what the Jeep Wrangler and Cherokee want to grow up to be. Though I always think of Jeeps as modern day yuppie cars and disconnect them from their military history.

sheag
11-30-2002, 12:36 AM
Dan, lol on the transfer case joke. That was funny. I agree with more color options. I adore the Sunset Orange and couldn't have imagined a more perfect color for me, but it would be nice to have more options just so more people would have different looking Hummers. Also DEFINITELY more interior color options. I would have preferred a dark gray over the wheat. I also would have liked the full sunroof option that someone mentioned they had in the prototype but I wonder if the reason they ditched it was because of structural integrity? Of course, rear-mounting spare tire and full third-row bench seating.

Between glitches, bugs, etc. that are bound to exist in the first year model of this rig, I really REALLY should wait to buy one until at least the 2004 model year, but it's not going to happen. :-) Love does strange things to normally intelligent, analystical individuals. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Shea

HummerGirl
11-30-2002, 01:33 AM
thanks that was most interesting!

~amy

Arizona Hummerboy
11-30-2002, 01:40 AM
Get all the problems worked out befor them put them up for sale

MAC
11-30-2002, 05:22 AM
Auto retractable side steps, as in the new Lincoln navigator. May not matter much to most SUVs, but to Hummer, every inch clearance counts.

Regarding the problems we read about, I am not sure any other 2nd, 3rd, 5th, year autos are free of defects, especially based on what I heard you people talked about Jeep, released years ago but still have problems. In the cases of wiper, temp. display, transfer case or side mirrors, looks like they are random parts defect. It is entirely possible the rate of defects on each part still falls within acceptable range. Sounded like most of us have not experience similar problems. Such as the wiper motor, it involves only certain Hummers, but enough to justify recall. Someone here mentioned 178 (or some numbers like that) of transfer case failure, out of 7000 to 10000 H2s built, that may be quite acceptable.
Test and study and improvements may not eliminate the above mentioned defect of parts from suppliers. Further delay of H2 release costs hundreds of millions and certainly not acceptable to us anxious buyers.

Steve R
11-30-2002, 06:23 AM
I saw (while attending a Hummer research survey)a nice color of blue that will soon be offered on the H2. Lots of great stuff coming down the line. Patience is a virtue...FOR WHICH NONE OF US HAVE!

Enjoy the 2003's.....my hunch is that more then 50% of us (who presently own an H2) will own newer models of the H2 within 5 years.

Hummie2
11-30-2002, 03:43 PM
The beauty of this forum is that we are more aware of problems when they do happen. As individuals we would not know of others experience with a problem. Given the number of members here (approx.185) and considering that probably over half have recieved their H2 and are driving it, only 2 reported failures from major drivetrain componets (Bill & Allen's transfercase/front axle differential) is about a 2% experience rate. This is in line with the national numbers Allen reported and quite acceptable. Hummer is very concerned about "Customer Satisfaction". Read their recall notice and instructions in the Tech. section. There is no practial way they can achieve 100% failure free performance. Thats why we have New Car Warranties.

I am sure any improvements will only serve to make a great vehicle better.

Don

CJ
12-02-2002, 01:27 AM
great ideas. I spent Thanksgiving in the desert and never ran into another H2. Only one other H1. Ironically it stayed at the bottom of the hill. Nice lady driver though. The one "other thing" I would like to see the factory put into my h2 is a button that shouts "back off dip sh*&%&&S!" and squirts a stream of slime in the direction I choose! Picture this: Ocatillo wells CA. night time, thousands of people, bikes and buggies at a "competition hill" called Blow sands. As I drove through the crowd at the base of the hill a roar went up (not kidding) and the crowd started chanting hummer-hummer! All was groovy until they started swarming and sloshing beer on my baby! This is where the DIP s*!# button would be handy. Must be what the stars go through on a routine basis. Anyway I had already dropped the tire pressure to 15 lbs and gave it a go... so SUWEEEET! Deep sand, tons of woops and no problems. Here is a tip for ya- when airing back up go 5 lbs over. when you disconnect the pressure will be right where you want it. Thanks for all the good, unique and hillarious ideas this site is a blast.

OLE YLLR
12-02-2002, 03:33 AM
HEY CJ!!!!!!!! AS SOON AS I GET MY H2 I'LL GIVE YOU A HOLLER AND WE CAN GO BACK OUT TO OCOTILLO AND I'LL TREAT YOU TO SOME CARNE ASADA!!!!!!! HOPE TO SEE YA SOON. OLE YLLR

Alex
12-02-2002, 02:51 PM
Locking gas cap
Acc position
Less wind noise at highspeeds
More color selections
"Real" bumpers

CJ
12-02-2002, 06:40 PM
Ole Yellr- You bet! Should be twice as much fun.

ratesguy
12-02-2002, 06:59 PM
I was complaining to my Hummer dealer about the lack of a locking gas cap and he said to mobilize the troops so the factory will take notice. Every survey you fill out include all of these ideas for improvement.After all, we are the customer! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SONA
12-03-2002, 03:01 PM
I am in dire need of twin mounted .50 cal or M60 Squad Automatic Weapons (SAW) systems mounted in those little square holes on each corner of the bumper (front and Rear), add three each side top mounted smoke grenade tubes like the Delta vehicles and I am there....
will settle for single roof mounted "SAW", computer linked to my helmet drop down sight that will point at what ever I look at from the driver seat, similar to what the Appache Helo Gunners wear. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

HummerGirl
12-03-2002, 04:02 PM
oh come on....you all know you want some white leather interior!

ACCCKKKKK!! I am still haunted by my aunt mildred's 1976 white Cadilac with red console and dash!!! Have no idea what model it was as she got a new one every year????

I personally would like to have

1. a built in fax machine like in Charlie's Angels. No more racing to the house to pick up a fax.

2. Smart-Card Media Outlet with upload/uplink capability (but I guess Sprint PCS beat GM to that one)

3. Talking features...like my 1986 Nissan Maxima had...it used to tell me..."your lights are on" when you got out and the one I Most often heard...was "FUEL level is low"

I never hear those annoying tones as my ears are trying to adjust from the loud music when I get out. I definitely have some hearing damage being of the walkman generation.

4. Stun-Gun feature to keep noisey folks from touching hummer.

5. The JAMES BOND Invisibility feature as in the new movie....that would be so nice...

Hell...just tell them to hire Q's replacement...(John Clese)

~amy
Move it or Lose it...
http://home.earthlink.net/~thecelestialbath/emotihummer.gif

TonkaH2
12-03-2002, 08:45 PM
Since I won't get my '03 until next year now, I'm a little nervous they'll make cool changes for the '04. Proabably doesn't make sense for them to change it too much while they're making so much money. . .

-Jack
Yellow H2 on order
"I think I can make it. D'OH!"