PDA

View Full Version : illumination tap location for boost gauge...

KenMt
10-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Just finished installing magnacharger on 03' H2 and am installing an Autometer boost gauge. I can't find a fuse anywhere for dash illumination.I guess if I have to,I can splice into the panel light dimming wires,but I'd rather tap into a fusebox.Any ideas?

KenMt
10-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Just finished installing magnacharger on 03' H2 and am installing an Autometer boost gauge. I can't find a fuse anywhere for dash illumination.I guess if I have to,I can splice into the panel light dimming wires,but I'd rather tap into a fusebox.Any ideas?

PARAGON
10-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Do you want it to come on with the lights or do you want it to be on all the time (while the ignition is on). I have some gauges wired that I have lit while the ignition is on. Even in the day they are easier to see being lit, when I get them reinstalled anyway.

If it's OK to have them on with the ignition you can wire them to the SEO ACC fuse in the fuse panel in the IP on the left of the dash. I'll try to look at my notes from before to see if there is something you can pin to in the box behind the brake pedal.

H2 Bill
10-04-2005, 05:48 PM
I did exactly what PARAGON suggested. You definitely want the light on all of the time the ignition is on.