PDA

View Full Version : Can a tuner be connected to a larger monitor?

HGW
05-19-2004, 09:51 PM
This is for you electronics and computer guys. I am a tuner who wants to send real time engine performance data to a 7" monitor in the center console of my H2--this is to read data during testing of various engine settings used for maximum performance. The Diablo tuner does this but only to the small led screen on the handheld.

I spoke with them today and they said a system like I want is under development but that they know no when or if it will be released.

I can download 30 minutes of data onto my PC for analysis with the diablo but it is not real time--like after a 1/4 mile hole shot--I can read all parameters after I stop and take the tuner to my PC and download it.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how I might take the LED (or led leads) out of the tuner, do what has to be done in terms of amplifaction and/or signal boosting and send it to my 7" monitor? I am willing to risk taking the handheld apart. But...how to I get a readable signal to a larger monitor?

Serious replies would be appreciated---I do not want to learn electronics. I just want to tune the hell out of my engine. Thanks

HGW
This is for you electronics and computer guys. I am a tuner who wants to send real time engine performance data to a 7" monitor in the center console of my H2--this is to read data during testing of various engine settings used for maximum performance. The Diablo tuner does this but only to the small led screen on the handheld.

I spoke with them today and they said a system like I want is under development but that they know no when or if it will be released.

I can download 30 minutes of data onto my PC for analysis with the diablo but it is not real time--like after a 1/4 mile hole shot--I can read all parameters after I stop and take the tuner to my PC and download it.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how I might take the LED (or led leads) out of the tuner, do what has to be done in terms of amplifaction and/or signal boosting and send it to my 7" monitor? I am willing to risk taking the handheld apart. But...how to I get a readable signal to a larger monitor?

Serious replies would be appreciated---I do not want to learn electronics. I just want to tune the hell out of my engine. Thanks

HGW

kdio
05-20-2004, 04:17 PM
I bought a program called, AutoTap. It allows you to view real time information on you OBDII equiped vehicle. I have only used it a few time but it works great. I connect it to my laptop and can see what is going on with my H2. Here is their link http://www.autotap.com/ I bought it from breathless performance.

HGW
05-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Thanks Kido----it helos e closer to what I want to do. I appreciate your imput.