PDA

View Full Version : Gobi Stealth Rack

prplprowlr
09-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Hey guys I am wanting to add a Gobi stealth rack to my H2 and had a few questions for those of you who have them on your H2's.
1.Does it make any wind noise driving on the Highway?
2.Does it squeak or make any other type of annoying noises?
3.Does anyone know if they are easy to install by yourself?
4.If anyone has a pic of them on a Pewter H2 that would be a big help, if not any other pics would help.
5.Does it affect the Sunroof with any added noise or block any air from coming in? I love my sunroof and me and my wife like riding on the highway with it open.

Thanks

prplprowlr
09-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Hey guys I am wanting to add a Gobi stealth rack to my H2 and had a few questions for those of you who have them on your H2's.
1.Does it make any wind noise driving on the Highway?
2.Does it squeak or make any other type of annoying noises?
3.Does anyone know if they are easy to install by yourself?
4.If anyone has a pic of them on a Pewter H2 that would be a big help, if not any other pics would help.
5.Does it affect the Sunroof with any added noise or block any air from coming in? I love my sunroof and me and my wife like riding on the highway with it open.

Thanks

Tucson Beast
09-17-2003, 01:29 PM
Hey prplprowlr

I do not have the "stealth" rack but I do have a modified short GOBI on my beast:

I do get some wind noise with my rack - but it is taller than the stealth.

The Gobi rack is pure quality - it does not squeak at all - if you follow installation directions - the rack is like part of the vehicle.

I installed my rack in 45 minutes (took 15 minutes of the 45 to read direction first). The only part of installation that is difficult is putting the rack on top of the rig. You will need another person to help lift it (not heavy only big) so as not to damage your paint.

The full GOBI rack allow for the sunroof - my rack start from the back of the sunroof to back (short model).

I will post picture after this post.

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts - John Wooden

Tucson Beast
09-17-2003, 01:33 PM
prplprowlr

Here is a picture of my modified short full size GOBI with ladder

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts - John Wooden

prplprowlr
09-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Thank you very much for helping me out, I think it looks great. Do you happen to have rear shot and a side shot of your h2? I would like to see the rack more, the last pick looks great but its from a bottom angle. I want to see normal height shot.

Thanks

Adam in CO
09-18-2003, 05:05 PM
You have got to get a job!

Adam P. Smith
Mortgage Pros, Inc.
303-407-2405 p
303-407-2414 f
aps101374@yahoo.com

prplprowlr
09-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Alec, I really appreciate the fast pics and great response. The side pics were what I needed, however I do love the shot of you looking down at the sunroof. Cool Pic.

Thanks

Jeff P
09-21-2003, 01:56 AM
Where do I find a Gobi Stealth Rack? I looked on the Gobi web site , but it did not mention any "stealth rack".

BAMFH2
09-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Jeff P - spoke with Gobi this afternoon - had the same question as you did as I am ordering my H2 this week sometime.

The Stealth rack (according to Gobi) has not been officially announced yet, so most dealers do not list it on their websites.

The part #'s you can reference and then have your dealer/vendor order are:

Rack = GH2-STL
Ladder = GH2-LED-STL

H2 Bill
09-22-2003, 08:29 PM
How do you wash and dry the top now? It doesn't look like there is much room.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics

www.4swimwear.com (http://www.4swimwear.com)

prplprowlr
09-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Jason, I went the online store on this website and it won't allow you to add the gobi stealth rack? Anyone know the price??

VI66
10-11-2003, 12:26 AM
Hi all, how much give if any when you are standing on the rack?

Thanks in advance