PDA

View Full Version : No BLUE?!?

killian
03-16-2005, 04:04 AM
I ordered my H3 today. I wanted the Slate Blue but it's not listed as an option when you order. What gives? Anybody?

killian
03-16-2005, 04:04 AM
I ordered my H3 today. I wanted the Slate Blue but it's not listed as an option when you order. What gives? Anybody?

Hummertech
03-16-2005, 11:18 AM
Today is the 1st day that dealerships can place orders for h3's. There are 2 different kinds of blue listed on the option sheet, but unfortunately they both have an asterik by them that say they are coming later. So it looks like later in the model year you'll be able to get a blue. Just not yet.

killian
03-16-2005, 12:45 PM
I figured as much, the same thing happened when I ordered my Mini Coopers.

Just FYI, I contacted Hummer and here's their reply:

Thank you for contacting HUMMER and for your interest in the 2006 HUMMER H3! We are happy to hear that you are among the first to place your order for this exciting new mid-size luxury SUV. You are a valued customer and we appreciate your loyalty.

The 2006 H3 is available in six great colors. They are Black, Yellow, Birch White, Shadow Green Metallic, Boulder Gray Metallic, and Victory Red. The information provided in any print literature (flyers, spec sheets, brochures) is as accurate as it can be when they are printed. We are sorry to hear that the color you had hoped for, Slate Blue Metallic, is not a choice for the H3. We apologize for any inconvenience. General Motors (GM) reserves the right, however, to make changes at any time, without notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, models and availability.

We hope that this information answers your question. If you need additional information or have further questions, please let us know via email or by calling HUMMER at 1-800-732-5493, between 9:00 AM- 9:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. Again, thank you for contacting HUMMER!

Sincerely,

Marci Fox
HUMMER
Customer Relationship Manager

RIC-H0
03-16-2005, 03:15 PM
I wonder if Marci is married?
Doesn't really matter what she looks like, I'll do her for an H3!

Ric-H2

partsguy
03-16-2005, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RIC-H2:
I wonder if Marci is married?
Doesn't really matter what she looks like, I'll do her for an H3!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Jeep Chick!

Ric-H2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LasVegas
03-16-2005, 06:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummertech:
Today is the 1st day that dealerships can place orders for h3's. There are 2 different kinds of blue listed on the option sheet, but unfortunately they both have an asterik by them that say they are coming later. So it looks like later in the model year you'll be able to get a blue. Just not yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ran out of paint http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Queen Sheba
03-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Give her a break guys! So she couldn't really answer the question. Is it really her fault? Besides, I heard from my dealer it would be a mid-year addition. So there's your answer

tonka61
03-23-2005, 10:57 PM
HOW CAN YOU PLACE AN ORDER IF THERE IS NO PRICE OUT ON THE MARKET AND MAYBE YOUR HELPING THE HUMMER COMPANY PICK A MARKETING PRICE BY ORDERING A SECRETIVE MSRP...SORRY JUST HAD TO SAY IT.

killian
03-24-2005, 02:08 PM
I know what you're saying Tonka, and I sorta agree. But I'm under no obligation. If I don't like the paint, the interior or even the price, I can walk away at any time. My deposit is refundable.

When I ordered my Mini I thought the same thing that you're thinking now. The MSRP was right where it should have been but the dealership tried to jack me up with a 5k addendum. I started to walk away and they dropped the extra price tag. Even though the Mini was a hot car and there were 300 people in line behind me who would have probably paid the price. Why did they drop it? I don't know. Maybe it was because I was buying two cars, maybe it was beacuse the manufacturers sometimes frown on dealers raising the MSRP. (at least that's what I heard anyway)

PARAGON
03-24-2005, 08:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonka61:
HOW CAN YOU PLACE AN ORDER IF THERE IS NO PRICE OUT ON THE MARKET AND MAYBE YOUR HELPING THE HUMMER COMPANY PICK A MARKETING PRICE BY ORDERING A SECRETIVE MSRP...SORRY JUST HAD TO SAY IT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Exactly what carwash do you work at?

H3wannabe
03-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Can I ask how much you were required to put down? I am considering doing the same, although I am concerned about the "price jacking" issue if I do.

wannabe

Queen Sheba
03-25-2005, 12:51 PM
Do it now while you can. Every dealer and I mean every dealer knows that this vehicle is going to take off like a rocketsjip and it is good to get ahead of the game by placing a deposit. You have to look at it this way: All the folks who didn't want to buy an H2 because of its size and gas mileage will be the ones buying this vehicle. We have teenagers that will be begging their parents for one instead of the H2. Get while the getting is good. The deposit is going to depend on the dealer. I have heard $500, $1,000. The thing to remember is to make sure the deposit is refundable.

killian
03-26-2005, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3wannabe:
Can I ask how much you were required to put down?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here in the Phoenix area the three Hummer dealerships are all owned by the same guy. One dealership is asking for a 5k non refundable deposit. The other two are asking for a 1k deposit and only one of them said that it was refundable. I went to the one closest to me - the one who offered the refund - and told him that I only wanted to put down 500 on my credit card (in case I need to do a charge back) and he took it with no problems at all but he acted like he was doing me the favor of a lifetime. The salesman told me the my credit card wouldn't be charged, "just pre authorized". While I was there I asked about an addendum to the price knowing that dealerships like to add a little extra cash to the MSRP. He laughed and said, " I hope it's 10 thousand!", what a dork.

Later, my credit card bill showed uo and it had infact beer charged for the full five hundred. I expected that it would have been, and I didn't really care but I was just wanting to see how full of BS this salesman was.

I have 8 vehicles, 6 of them are GM products. I've never paid MSRP or a new car addendum in my life and I'm not about to start. I'm curious to see how this deal goes.

killian
03-26-2005, 10:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Later, my credit card bill showed uo and it had infact beer charged for the full five hundred.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I was thinking about beer just then....

RubHer Yellow Ducky
10-10-2006, 08:40 AM

Can we get some comment about this!!!!!

RYD

Lex_Ordo
10-10-2006, 12:59 PM
The color is availale. Look at the post dates above. The vehicle was released in May of 2005, as Model Year '06.

The Slate Blue Metalic was not offered at first, but later added to the color chart.
The chart of model year '07,took away the Shadow Green, and Superior Blue, and added the Midnight Blue instead.

HTH

RubHer Yellow Ducky
10-10-2006, 01:07 PM
The color is availale. Look at the post dates above. The vehicle was released in May of 2005, as Model Year '06.

The Slate Blue Metalic was not offered at first, but later added to the color chart.
The chart of model year '07,took away the Shadow Green, and Superior Blue, and added the Midnight Blue instead.

HTH

I did it as a JOKE. went to the oldest post i could find...

RYD

:dancingbanana:

H3HUMMER
10-10-2006, 01:49 PM
They have the new blue on the lot midnight blue metallic very sharp looking.

Lex_Ordo
10-10-2006, 04:57 PM
I did it as a JOKE. went to the oldest post i could find...

RYD

:dancingbanana:

OOPs! I guess I wasn't following to well this morning. This is what happens before coffee.

The Green Lantern
10-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Yes, they have them available now.

:D

wpage
10-10-2006, 06:07 PM
They did the same last year with Slate Blue which was not avialable till late summer!!:beerchug: :beerchug: