PDA

View Full Version : Look at all the Dallas Hummer owners!

H3OH
08-09-2005, 11:02 PM
I made a quick trip on up to Best Buy this evening to pick up a couple of DVDs and upon entering the parking lot, I see this beautiful, black H2 sitting in the lot with a nice, comfy little spot next to it for my little H3.

After I took my spot, and I knew I was safe next to my big brother, I jumped on in and got what I wanted an left. H2 still there, but no owner, so I took off. As I'm driving out I see a White H3 in the Saltgrass Steakhouse parking lot. Damn it! I wanted the white one in the area! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Drove by it, said "cool" and approached the side road to go home.

After a good 45 seconds into my drive, I look over and see another white H3 in the Chucky Cheese parking lot. Damn it! Another white H3!??! I should have waited for the slate blue! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

And a good 30 seconds later after I come around on the little loop to get on another road, I look over to my right and there is a black H3 pulling into the Spring Creek Bar-B-Q restaurant! Holy hell! Within 2 min I see three H3's just toolin' around! Very sweet! I saw that the black one came from Sewell as it had a black spare tire cover on the back. The other two white ones looked to be bare bones, but it was cool to see more and more on the road.

As a side note, after looking at the H3 next to the H2, I am impressed that the styling is pretty similar and that the height of the vehicles is very close. Now the width on the other hand...whoah mama! Just peeking into the interior I forgot how beastly those things are and roomy too! Anyway, it was good to see the comparison right there in the parking lot.

Hats off to any of the owners of those vehicles that I saw today if you're on here! Go Dallas, Go! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

H3OH
08-09-2005, 11:02 PM
I made a quick trip on up to Best Buy this evening to pick up a couple of DVDs and upon entering the parking lot, I see this beautiful, black H2 sitting in the lot with a nice, comfy little spot next to it for my little H3.

After I took my spot, and I knew I was safe next to my big brother, I jumped on in and got what I wanted an left. H2 still there, but no owner, so I took off. As I'm driving out I see a White H3 in the Saltgrass Steakhouse parking lot. Damn it! I wanted the white one in the area! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Drove by it, said "cool" and approached the side road to go home.

After a good 45 seconds into my drive, I look over and see another white H3 in the Chucky Cheese parking lot. Damn it! Another white H3!??! I should have waited for the slate blue! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

And a good 30 seconds later after I come around on the little loop to get on another road, I look over to my right and there is a black H3 pulling into the Spring Creek Bar-B-Q restaurant! Holy hell! Within 2 min I see three H3's just toolin' around! Very sweet! I saw that the black one came from Sewell as it had a black spare tire cover on the back. The other two white ones looked to be bare bones, but it was cool to see more and more on the road.

As a side note, after looking at the H3 next to the H2, I am impressed that the styling is pretty similar and that the height of the vehicles is very close. Now the width on the other hand...whoah mama! Just peeking into the interior I forgot how beastly those things are and roomy too! Anyway, it was good to see the comparison right there in the parking lot.

Hats off to any of the owners of those vehicles that I saw today if you're on here! Go Dallas, Go! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Georgemarc
08-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Apparently you were not near Addison as I just got in from there. Say a white one earlier today and in going by Sewell, there is quite a stock of white on the lot and they are damn nice looking

angelus
08-10-2005, 12:50 AM
Cool. I also had a great visual experience when about a week ago I was out to dinner, drove in the valet there sits an H2, while waiting for a table in drives an H1 and of course my H3. The whole Hummer family was in the valet lot.

skeeter
08-10-2005, 02:21 AM
I had the first one in my nieborhood, and now there is a gray one a few weeks ago, and now a black one just down my street, I guess he saw mine all the time, and had to get one for himself. At least they are all different colors. So thats my yellow, a gray, and a black one just around me. I am seeing more, and more all over the Dallas area, and most of them are Sewell customers.

woyster_h3
08-10-2005, 10:06 AM
I've had mine for two months now and I've only seen two others besides mine. One was a yellow one around town and I passed a green one on my way home from San Antonio. Supposedly there is another black one that parks here in my parking garage at work but I haven't seen it.

ckhagman
08-10-2005, 10:09 AM
I heard from a dealer friend of mine that white and black is the color that manufacturers stick dealers with if they are not doing good in sales and things of that nature. Horrible colors to sell.

I thought it was funny that you wanted to be the only one with white. You aren't the only unorginal color owner.

Just kidding it is a hummer. It doesn't matter which color you got you got a hummer.

HummerNewbie
08-10-2005, 10:41 AM
My dealer told me the delivered 120 H3s in July but I have only seen about 5 or 6 running around and a couple of them were probably ones I more than once. Not sure I believe him.

H3OH
08-10-2005, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I heard from a dealer friend of mine that white and black is the color that manufacturers stick dealers with if they are not doing good in sales and things of that nature. Horrible colors to sell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you're wrong there. They're not horrible colors to sell. Black is the king in the Hummer department. It's one color they don't do trades on (unless the customer wants a green or red and the dealer with the ready customer has a black one). White was hard to come by at the time as Boulders and Blacks were making their way out. There were a boatload of Victory Red and Grees with a sprinkle of yellows.

I was only kidding about having the only white Hummer H3. You just never saw people talk about that color here, and hell I even made a post about it. Now I see 2 in the area, and my comments were jokes more than anything else. Just look on how many white cars are out on the road today. Black and white are not horrible colors to sell! Now, if you meant that dealers get black and white in because the other colors aren't selling well, then I'd buy that.

ckhagman
08-11-2005, 12:51 AM
I was only referring to other cars. Hummers look great in any color.

A white MB doesn't look good in my opinion but it is mine and it really doesn't matter.

Hell my truck is gloss black, well it used to be gloss back.

PCBeach
08-11-2005, 01:03 AM
In FL white is a preferred color.. The neighborhood is loaded with white SUVs.. I'm always white with cloth interior. but not the Mrs..Now H2 trucks are showing up..

HummerNewbie
08-11-2005, 01:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PCBeach:
In FL white is a preferred color.. The neighborhood is loaded with white SUVs.. I'm always white with cloth interior. but not the Mrs..Now H2 trucks are showing up.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are everywhere down here. When I bought an Exploder years ago the dealer was trying to get me to go white. I told him no way, there are seven white Exploders in my office parking lot as it is.

crop000s
08-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Come to Longview-
No H3's ( a few more daze til mine )
No H1's
A few off road H2's
A **** load of chromed up " I've got a Hummer" H2's
Green 5 speed adventure, lower grill lights rocker and under protection, grill guard, and GOBI rack (just kidding)