PDA

View Full Version : Brush guard upper mounting bracket

jebia
11-06-2004, 12:51 AM
I just began the install of a used factory brush guard on my '04 H2. The install was pretty straight forward, I mounted the guard using the 4 lower braket mounting bolts (behind the plastic snap on cover). My question is: The brush guard also has two mounting struts that go into the plastic-chrome grill, do these need to be connected to the hood? Or are the four lower bracket bolt sufficient>

thanks in advance,

Jon
Albuquerque

jebia
I just began the install of a used factory brush guard on my '04 H2. The install was pretty straight forward, I mounted the guard using the 4 lower braket mounting bolts (behind the plastic snap on cover). My question is: The brush guard also has two mounting struts that go into the plastic-chrome grill, do these need to be connected to the hood? Or are the four lower bracket bolt sufficient>

thanks in advance,

Jon
Albuquerque

jebia

thanks in advance,

Jon
Albuquerque

Patriot
11-06-2004, 09:44 AM
You are missing a spacer.

You see that bolt in the hood bracket that lines up with the hole in the brush guard bracket?? Well, there is a black donut shaped spacer (about 1" thick) that goes between the brush guard backet and the hood bracket.

You would remove that bolt and then place it through brush guard bracket hole, through spacer and back into hood cross bracket.

I hope I explained this right...

They help support the brush guard if anything was to to push against it. If your guard is mostly for show purposes ...I'd say it's no big deal...just don't lean anything too hard against the upper part of the guard of it may flex a bit and hit your hood.

Spike
11-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Don't forget to pick up the longer bolt when you pick up the spacer.

Dan
11-07-2004, 11:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spike:
Don't forget to pick up the longer bolt when you pick up the spacer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wouldn't happen to have the part number would you? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Spike
11-07-2004, 01:06 PM
originally posted by Dan,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You wouldn't happen to have the part number would you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
As a matter of fact I............um no I don't. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jebia
11-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone, I went to Sears hardware, with one of the factory hood bolts in hand, I bought two similar bolts that were an inch longer and two washers. For the spacer they had 1 inch "brass bearings" that worked perfect.

Total cost for 2 bolts, two spacers and two washers totaled $4.25.

I never really thought I liked the front brush guard (with factory fog lights) and tail light guard look, but now that they are on, I really do. Maybe cause I bought them used and saved a bit.

Jon
Albuquerque