PDA

View Full Version : Black anodized mirror polished skid plate

Bright-Lee
09-24-2003, 01:02 AM
This skid plate was mirror polished then black anodized. It will soon have the black removed from the H2 letters and the center of the bottom.

Bright-Lee
09-24-2003, 01:02 AM
This skid plate was mirror polished then black anodized. It will soon have the black removed from the H2 letters and the center of the bottom.

Bright-Lee
09-24-2003, 01:03 AM
Gloss Black

DRTYFN
09-24-2003, 01:05 AM
WOW!!! That is awesome!!!!
How much? And how durable is it?
Post a pic of it on an H2(preferably pewter http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) please.

Bright-Lee
09-24-2003, 01:06 AM
Available to Forum members first.

Bright-Lee
09-24-2003, 01:07 AM
Anodizing is the best protection for aluminum and is available in many colors.

Bright-Lee
09-24-2003, 01:15 AM
Color matching can be tough but these are the available colors.
Anodizing is not scratch proof but pretty durable and will never peel or crack or chip. And I mean never! Anodizing is actually a part of the surface of the metal. It can be stripped without a great deal of difficulty and be redone for no more than the original cost which is: Polishing-175$ Anodizing-100$ Shipping-25$ and I don't know what the cost will be for custom work on the letters but I will let you know soon and post pics of the finished product.
Thanks
James
www.brightlee.com (http://www.brightlee.com)

Buckeye Hummer
09-24-2003, 01:31 AM
Bright,

What do you mean it's the best protection? I took mine in for an oil change at the dealer today and they tried to soak me for a new skid plate because mine was so f**d up. We just took a hammer and pounded it back out, so what protection does it need and how easily does this stuff scrape off?

Bright-Lee
09-24-2003, 01:44 AM
I don't meant protection against dents. If you are out doing rock climbing, you probably don't want to do anything to it except repairs as necessary. However, anodizing is used by the marine industry and protects aluminum against harsh enviornments. Exposed aluminum can be maintained but once covered, this is the best option.
James

Grim_Smoker
09-24-2003, 03:35 PM
Yes, anodize can be very strong, however if it's not done properly or if it's a thin annodize then it will scratch right off. However I doubt this is the case with Bright-Lee's work, as I've heard nothing but great things. Most paintball guns are annodized, some companies are known for having horrible stock annodize jobs (very thin and scratch effortlessly) and others are known for having pretty good anno jobs. It looks great Bright, I'd like to send mine out to you I think (black is the best).

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

Buckeye Hummer
09-24-2003, 04:19 PM
James,

Thanks for the info. I learn something new everday. Black looks cool to me.

SRFCASTR
10-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Bright-Lee

When are going to see the final Black Anodized + Polished H2????

Write me a pvt note. I may want to be the beta tester.

SRFCASTR

Bright-Lee
10-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Its 7 am. And I am off to the every day grind where there is never a dull moment.

I have made some progress on the skid plate, and may get a chance to finish it today.

These pics were all taken within the past week, just a few of the jobs that have kept me going full speed. In addition to all that I am in the process of expanding / remodeling my shop.

Ok, now it is 7:20 (dogs, in…out…in…out, an 2 extra cups of joe) and I am late!

James
www.brightlee.com (http://www.brightlee.com)

[This message was edited by Bright-Lee on 10-07-03 at 04:48 AM.]

Dan
10-07-2003, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bright-Lee:
... never a dull moment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now THAT's funny! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

- Dan

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 10 months down, 8 to go!
-------------------------------------------------