PDA

View Full Version : Dyno no go!

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Well I went to the only dyno in Ar. and my Beast is to big for it as far as width. It will handle anything under roughly 80" outside to outside tire width. Now the guys are going to call Hypertech in Memphis to see what they have. One of My perf. Shop guys has a friened up the ladder. I think it was a dynotech system We tried. Even with factory rims and tires it would not fit as i called Hummer down the road and was going to run down and borrow some. They went out and measuered several with factory and they were to wide. So I'm hoping they will find out Wed. but they feel someone in Memphis will have a dyno that will fit the H2. Had hoped to let you know what all these aftermarket add ons do for HP for real. I have cold air intake, t-body spacer, programer, long kneck stainless steel headers with high flow converters, and dual flowmaster exhaust with 40 series muffler. Hopefully I'll get to take aroad trip in the next few days or weekend as it is only 1 1/2Hr away from Memphis. Get to go to Burboun ST. for real ribs. Hoping to have interesting stuff, sorry. If anyone knows of a dyno brand that is wide enough to handle H2 let Me know and that is what We will search for. If not in Memphis then I'll go to Dallas. It does not matter as long as it is within 5 to 6 hrs. Good reason for road trip. Plus I just really want to know how much improvement We get by adding on these things.
Thanks
TAZ
(Rick)

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Well I went to the only dyno in Ar. and my Beast is to big for it as far as width. It will handle anything under roughly 80" outside to outside tire width. Now the guys are going to call Hypertech in Memphis to see what they have. One of My perf. Shop guys has a friened up the ladder. I think it was a dynotech system We tried. Even with factory rims and tires it would not fit as i called Hummer down the road and was going to run down and borrow some. They went out and measuered several with factory and they were to wide. So I'm hoping they will find out Wed. but they feel someone in Memphis will have a dyno that will fit the H2. Had hoped to let you know what all these aftermarket add ons do for HP for real. I have cold air intake, t-body spacer, programer, long kneck stainless steel headers with high flow converters, and dual flowmaster exhaust with 40 series muffler. Hopefully I'll get to take aroad trip in the next few days or weekend as it is only 1 1/2Hr away from Memphis. Get to go to Burboun ST. for real ribs. Hoping to have interesting stuff, sorry. If anyone knows of a dyno brand that is wide enough to handle H2 let Me know and that is what We will search for. If not in Memphis then I'll go to Dallas. It does not matter as long as it is within 5 to 6 hrs. Good reason for road trip. Plus I just really want to know how much improvement We get by adding on these things.
Thanks
TAZ
(Rick)

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Thanks
TAZ
(Rick)

mmayo
01-19-2005, 02:51 AM
What are you going to do about your front tires? Do they even make Dyno's for AWD vehicles?

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-19-2005, 06:56 AM
Hi mmayo
They have to disconnect the front drive shaft unless We can find someone in Memphis that has 4 wheel dyno of which they are available do not know if any are in Memphis. My performance shop is going to make some calls Wed. to thier connections in Little Rock but, mainly the conections they have in Memphis. He has a friend who is on up in management at Hypertech and We are hoping He will let Me come to them to dyno it or recommend someone. I'm running a rivals programmer so I will just keep my mouth shut and hope they do not ask.

TAZ (Rick)

HGW
01-22-2005, 03:45 PM
They do make AWD Dynos but they are hard to find. As the car/truck world offers more AWD vehicles, they will be more of them.

Disconnecting the front drivshaft for a dyno run is a fine way to get data--certainly AWD data is more accurate but two wheel data can tell you a lot, especially for comparison purposes.

I run my H2 without a front drivesahft full time. I need to minimze losses on 1/4 mile runs.

KenP
01-22-2005, 08:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Posted by H2M&W:
I run my H2 without a front drivesahft full time. I need to minimze losses on 1/4 mile runs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Maybe I should get some slicks and drop the shaft. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif It's hard enough jumping the line and have all four wheels check out on you for a second or two. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Hi H2mildandwild
We have calls in to several places in Memphis. We have been told there is an AWD Dyno but not confirmed. Just got word late friday. I'd be happy to just find one wide enough for the H2 of any kind. I could run on the Dynojet in Little Rock but where the steel guard goes up to fill in gap from floor to top of roller drum the tolerance is all but level with roller. Were trying to talk Him into trim the guard down 1/2" or 3/4". We have looked it over will not hurt structural integrity at all, He is thinking about. I told Him if they had a torch I'll do it. That one of those thing You pick up as a farmer along with welding. With My 325/60x20 I hang over on each side about 2 to 3 inches. I could still run on it like that with guard trimmed. I was surprised when We checked on wheel base outside tire to outside on the stock tires still would hang over about 1" on each side. My dealer was going to run a pair down to Me and I just happen to call right back and asked Him to go out and measure a couple and it matched what specs. said in manual. I've got to find one for when I put on the SC I would like to Dyno tune it. They can run it with laptop down the freeway but I'm not to high on that idea.

Oh do not forget My PM.

TAZ (Rick)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2mildandwild:
They do make AWD Dynos but they are hard to find. As the car/truck world offers more AWD vehicles, they will be more of them.

Disconnecting the front drivshaft for a dyno run is a fine way to get data--certainly AWD data is more accurate but two wheel data can tell you a lot, especially for comparison purposes.

I run my H2 without a front drivesahft full time. I need to minimze losses on 1/4 mile runs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HGW
01-25-2005, 02:07 AM
KenP

Good idea---what I am planning--no front drivshaft and sticky tires--it is hard to get slicks in the size I need but Mickey Thompson has some tires that will help.

On to the dyno--you could use different tires---it will still yield the results you are looking for, especially relative improvement between mods.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-25-2005, 02:40 AM
I thought about different tires. What size of tire could You go down to and work on factory H2 rim? UNless I can find some to borrow I would have to buy some. We thought We would get a call back today on the possibility of the AWD Dyno in Memphis. Hopefully they will call tuesday. I'm in the mood to run over there anyway for a day.

TAZ

KenP
01-25-2005, 03:58 AM
I always had good luck with Hoosier wrinkle wall DOT's. Plus they look wicked when you wind them up at a light. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PARAGON
01-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Here is a link to a list of places with AWD dynos:
http://www.stealth316.com/2-awddynos.htm

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Paragon
Looks like a trip to Dallas unless or source is correct about AWD in Memphis. We were told it is new but, We are waiting on a call from a company that the Perf. shop knows. If they tell us no AWD they are supposed to check to see if there is a wider dyno in Memphis, which I'll just take that.

Thank

TAZ

Klaus
01-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Very interesting video!

http://www.dyno4mance.com/video/your_cars/Hummer_H2_SC_03_1.wmv

http://www.dyno4mance.com/tuning/yourcars/hummer.php