Kyle_B
02-02-2005, 03:15 AM
$29,999 on June 1, 2005

Kyle_B
02-02-2005, 03:15 AM
$29,999 on June 1, 2005

bparker
02-08-2005, 07:06 AM
Hi Kyle, where, if I may ask, did you get this info?

funpilot
02-08-2005, 03:57 PM
That is $2,000 more than what my dealer says they were told.

bparker
02-09-2005, 11:13 AM
funpilot, well thats really good new IMO =)

Do you know what one will go for with auto, leather and the off road package (AKA Adventure Package)?

Cheers,

Kahloq
02-09-2005, 04:01 PM
I would guess that a by itself, leather usually addes roughly 1500-2000 to a vehicle in this price range. Normally leather is also bundled as part of a package deal like the Aventure Package you mentioned. That would probably add about 6000 total(guesstimate as my local dealer ins't saying much about pricing yet. They did sort of confirm the target price of 28000-30000

funpilot
02-10-2005, 12:19 AM
I ordered the Adventure package, locking differential, XM radio and the 6 CD main radio but with cloth seats. My dealer guessed that it would be under $33,000 but that was starting from $28,000. He thought the truck would not sell for more than $36,000 fully loaded before dealer add-ons.

Kahloq
02-10-2005, 02:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by funpilot:
I ordered the Adventure package, locking differential, XM radio and the 6 CD main radio but with cloth seats. My dealer guessed that it would be under $33,000 but that was starting from $28,000. He thought the truck would not sell for more than $36,000 fully loaded before dealer add-ons. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope that is the case. Did you get the front bumper grill protector?

Kyle_B
02-10-2005, 05:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bparker:
Hi Kyle, where, if I may ask, did you get this info? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From a local dealer. They did also mention a V8 option down the road. Sorry I have no more specifics than I have shared here.

They did also say that they were already loading up H3s in Shreveport and moving them around to get trailering them down to a T a well...for that is worth..

Hummertech
02-10-2005, 11:55 AM
I don't want anyone to get their hopes up too high. The number I have repeatedly heard from GM on pricing is to start at 35. Of course that is not in stone, but I don't see it dipping into the 20's for a base model, but I doubt it will start around 37 or 38 either. The've also said that one with all options should run around 41K, and Hummer is going to offer all kinds of options, and accy options as well. So it is possible to have 6k in options.

timgco
02-10-2005, 12:49 PM
My dealer claims to have their first H3's in mid March. They also said 41K loaded with NAV. We'll see I guess. I thought theses were not available ontil May or June?

funpilot
02-11-2005, 12:48 AM
If it get too high I will bail. Too many more functional choices at that price range. I would also sell Hummer stock short as well. It is very concerning that other forums, like Edmunds, are dead silent on this topic unlike Prius and other new vehicles. Like it or not,, Hummer as a consumer product may not survive if all it sells is H2s.

Kahloq
02-11-2005, 01:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by funpilot:
If it get too high I will bail. Too many more functional choices at that price range. I would also sell Hummer stock short as well. It is very concerning that other forums, like Edmunds, are dead silent on this topic unlike Prius and other new vehicles. Like it or not,, Hummer as a consumer product may not survive if all it sells is H2s. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Id have to agree. If the the H3 tops out at 41K with all the stuff, thats a bit much for the target market I think. I can understand if it sells for 32K base and then maybe max out at 38-39K. That would be in line with everything else in the same competition bracket. Especially when a HEMI powered Grand Cherokee can be had with leather for 38K(thoug it dont look as good as a Hummer).

Kahloq
02-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Wanted to list this as comparison. The GMC Envoy starts out at 29K and goes all the up to 40K, so there may be room within the pricing scheme of the H3 to start at like 28K and go all the way up to 41K.

Another comparison is the GMC Canyon which the H3 is based on(frame). The Canyon prices out top of the line at 30K with almost all options checked off. So, add about 5K just cuz H3 is Hummer and you should be in the general ballpark.

funpilot
02-11-2005, 05:17 PM
I called my local dealer on whether they have heard anything new on pricing....NO. They also commented that the internet buzz was high on H2 pricing before it was orignially announced. I asked if Hummer ever asks the dealers what they hear from customers.....NO. So, I sent an email to Hummer customer service telling them what I thought will happen if they price it at the high end of the buzz....nothing, the units will rot. So, do you think they will repsond?

Kahloq
02-15-2005, 02:51 AM
Not with anything important no

funpilot
02-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Here is the response and at the end my question:

Dear Mr. Barbour,

Thank you for your interest in the 2006 HUMMER H3! At this time, the HUMMER H3
has been approved for production. However, at this time there is no information
available for the ordering options or pricing on the H3, other than what is
posted on the website at www.hummer.com (http://www.hummer.com). The HUMMER H3 will be available
sometime in 2005, as will the Personal Assistant program for those customers
wishing to purchase a HUMMER H3. Ordering options for the 2006 HUMMER H3 should
be available for customers to view by March of 2005. Please keep in contact with
our department or your local HUMMER dealership, as updates become available.
The full product brochure for the H3 will be available for customers to order
sometime in late Spring or early Summer of 2005. We apologize for the
inconvenience.

If you should need to contact us in the future, please e-mail us again or call
HUMMER at 800-REAL4WD. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday
through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Eastern Time. Once again, thank you
for contacting HUMMER!

Sincerely,

Toby Stevens
HUMMER
Customer Relationship Manager

You have received this email advertising GM products and services in response to
your recent request for vehicle information.

Please visit the website below to opt out of receiving future e-mail messages
from General Motors.

http://www.vssm.gmnao.com

General Motors Corporation, 100 Renaissance Center, 482-MAR-100, Detroit, MI,

Originating Email Address: hummer@modernista.com
#Subject=HUMMER Purchase Question

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 2/11/05 3:12:37 PM
To: hummer@gm.com
Subject: HUMMER Purchase Question

------------------------------------------------------------

Name : Robert Barbour

Vehicle of Interest : H2
Purchase Horizon: : 1-3 months

Comments : I have placed a deposit at Hall Hummer in Vrginia Beach
for the Hummer 3. I have some feedback you should consider.

I placed a deposit based on their understanding that the MSRP would range from
$28k - $35k. I shared that comment with a number of my friends and they
responded VERY favorably....saying that that range would get them to seriously
consider that vehicle, as I am. On the internet, the latest buzz is it will
start at $35k. I will ask for my deposit back if that is the range and when I
shared that with my same group of friends they uniformly said that there are too
many better options at that range than the Hummer. So, I encourage you to do
two things: 1). Price it aggressively or you may not have the hit you need.
2). If you do that, get your pricing out there as soon as you can. Other than
the H2 Source Forum, no one is talking about it and that is not a good sign.
You will get interest if you do price it aggressively, and I will guarantee you
that you won't if you do not.

Kahloq
02-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Thats about what I thought you'd get as a response...very little. On the pricing, I would agree. If its 35K base, thats too high to make it market accessible comparative to other vehicles. Yeah its a HUMMMER, but, ppl in that price range look more on practicality and bang for buck or what not, then oh yeah I got a Hummer! regardless of cost. What would be the incentive to buy an H3 at 38K-41K loaded when that same person could just buy a used H2 for the same price.

mstams
02-18-2005, 10:26 PM
FYI - New 2005 H2 SUV's were advertised in the Atlanta paper last weekend for $43k with an original MSRP of $52k.

Kahloq
02-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Damn I do not live near Atlanta LOL I am sure it was either a typo, or they were demo vehicles with a couple thousand miles, but not more then say 6K.

mstams
02-20-2005, 02:52 PM
I doubt it was a typo when you consider invoice price being about +/- $5k less than sticker minus rebates and incentives.

bparker
02-21-2005, 12:34 AM
I agree, as a buddy of mine works for a dealership that sells Hummers and he says they are even having a hard time "giving" them away (meaning > at invoice price).

Aside from that when I bought my new 2002 Z06 it stickered for 52k and I walked out just under 46k (invoice) minus a rebate.

So it may not be a typo but a dealer trying to get rid of some inventory.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mstams:
I doubt it was a typo when you consider invoice price being about +/- $5k less than sticker minus rebates and incentives. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dochummer
02-21-2005, 05:10 AM
Hmmm...If I had known the brand spanking new h2's would be coming that far down in price, I would've waited for it....Oh well, still can't help but enjoy my '03! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ....Thinking about trading in the wife's car for the H3....

H3 Builder
03-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Our first date for orders will be 4-18-05. So the first lucky ones should get theres soon after this. No info on price yet.

H3wannabe
03-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Just spoke with my local Dealer here in NH. They want $1K down (refundable) and recommend going to the dealership to "build one online with them." They believe that pricing will be out this week. The placed their 1st eleven orders last week and expect them in within 8 weeks. They are quoting $35k-$45k depending upon options, which sounds high to me.

Thoughts?

H3wannabe

H3 Builder
03-28-2005, 05:46 PM
We haven't heard of price yet,but will let you know when its out.

HoKC
03-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Dealers were informed at the dealer meeting that they would be from about 29900 base to about 39900 fully loaded.

H3wannabe
03-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks Marvin, maybe I should order one from KS then! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

H3wannabe

Hummertech
03-28-2005, 08:38 PM
It was probably one of those deals if you qualify or every rebate. One thing to keep in mind with rebates. The rebates GM offers varies state by state sometimes, and they apply rebates depending on which state you live, not which state you buy from.

tonka61
03-28-2005, 10:17 PM
hey im looking into ordering an h3 which transmission should i get and any other advice about the h3 plaese off it up thanks!

peyote
03-31-2005, 05:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonka61:
hey im looking into ordering an h3 which transmission should i get and any other advice about the h3 plaese off it up thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i ordered one with manual trans., but the average person will want auto-trans. because they're more popular as far as what hummer dealers told me. they said they won't order any w/ manual unless pre-ordered by customer. i don't like the way stabili-track works, so it works perfect for me (no stabili-track on manual trans.).

tonka61
03-31-2005, 09:17 PM
So im thinking on odering base h3 with manual transmission, 33" tires, leather seat, roof rack, and bush guard. I just can't decide what color h3 to order. I'm not sure about the 33" tire either if that will cause a problem in the future to the vehicle. anyone.

peyote
04-06-2005, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonka61:
I'm not sure about the 33" tire either. anyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
33" should be fine because it's factory option. it's part of off-road package, so you know they've thoroughly tested it.

HUMMER H3 4 ME
04-06-2005, 04:34 PM
I recently saw an H3 in Black with what looked like both chrome appearance packages. It was very stunning, that is what I will most likely get.

HoKC
04-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Reliable info that pricing will be released on the 21st of this month.

H3 Builder
04-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I think it won'tbe long before the price is out. We will hear it soon, but it probably won't show on the window sticker for a while.

HoKC
04-08-2005, 12:01 PM
H3 Pricing - H3 base vehicle introductory pricing will be announced via admin message on Thursday, April 21st. Full pricing details for option packages, free flow options and RPA accessories will be available in at the beginning of May.

H3 Hooks up with ESPN for Pre-Launch Advertising and Promotions - H3 pre-launch activities "kick off" during NFL Draft Weekend, in New York. This is a great way for us to hit the core target in an integrated way. HUMMER H3 will have pre-launch advertising in and around the draft activities. Look for H3 ads in ESPN Magazine and Sporting News before the draft. Pre-launch TV commercials will run the weekend of April 23-24. When the TV is ready we will forward information to you so you can see it before it airs. H3 advertising creative will be on display at all ESPN Zone Restaurants that weekend, and some of the ESPN Zones will also have an H3 vehicle on display.

killian
04-08-2005, 02:04 PM
When I went to buy my Chrysler 300c the "window sticker" was written in black Sharpie marker, so much for MSRP, and the price had been upped by almost 15 thou on a base model.

I hope Hummer chooses not to do the same thing.

Also, I have A Fleet Authorization Number. I wonder if that qualifies me to buy at invoice like the rest of my gm vehicles. I can dream can't I?

LasVegas
04-09-2005, 12:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMER H3 4 ME:
I recently saw an H3 in Black with what looked like both chrome appearance packages. It was very stunning, that is what I will most likely get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome and good for you. I'm getting my wife one.

Dug
04-22-2005, 12:05 AM
some of you think the H3 wont sell if its 7 or 8 thousand more than the envoy types. I think it might. Its kinda the same as a H2 being 7 or 8 thousand more than a suburban. People still buy the H2. Its preference to me.

gc2488
04-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Let's congratulate Kyle_B for being spot-on
when it comes to price! Kyle posted his message
on February 1st saying that the price of the H3
would be $29,999, and the official price was
announced today as $28,935 MSRP plus $565 DFC.
So, Kyle's prediction was excellent, I'd say.

Now we'll see about his arrivate date prediction
(June 1st). Maybe Hummer is beating the
expectation in both categories, by a bit!

timgco
04-22-2005, 12:22 AM
So im thinking on odering base h3 with manual transmission, 33" tires, leather seat, roof rack, and bush guard. I just can't decide what color h3 to order. I'm not sure about the 33" tire either if that will cause a problem in the future to the vehicle. anyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

roof rack you say? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Wait till you see Gobi's rack for the H3. Should be same options as the H2 racks.

funpilot
04-22-2005, 10:02 AM
I like their rack. Does that mean I do no need to get one from the dealer? I ask as the pics I have seen of the Gobi rack seem to be on top of an existing roof rack.

gc2488
05-12-2005, 02:17 AM
Kyle_B wrote:
>$29,999 on June 1, 2005

Looks like Hummer beat this predicted date
by more than two weeks. Pretty good.

HummerNewbie
05-12-2005, 11:01 AM
So what does everyone think the H3 will do to used H2 prices. I expect them to start dropping some but will have to wait and see.