PDA

View Full Version : SMA New Products for the H2

Gary
12-11-2002, 02:21 AM
Check out the off road lights mounted where the DLRs were.

Gary
Finlayson, MN

Gary
12-11-2002, 02:21 AM
Check out the off road lights mounted where the DLRs were.

Gary
Finlayson, MN

Steve R
12-11-2002, 03:00 AM
VERY SWEET!!!!

That looks great...but where's the bumper? Seems like something is missing from the picture?

Here's something interesting: the next time your driving down a dark street, go ahead and put on the brights by pushing forwards the signal-light lever. Things get bright and it's all good.

But try this....go ahead and grab the signal-light lever and quickly pull it all the way back towards you (past the normal position)...now you have the brights on AND the regular lights; you'll notice how much more everything is not illuminated.

Point: regular lights should stay on in addition to the brights! It definitely is more complete!

Texas Red
12-11-2002, 11:58 AM
OK Gary, what the hell are you doing? That is entirely too cool!! You got the winch, the new style brush guard, new tires, in addition to the new off-road light installation. I am envious. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, what am I seeing in the pic right below the winch hook??

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

BEST 4x4xFAR
12-11-2002, 12:11 PM
Hey Steve,

I'm not sure if you are referring to the DRLs when you say regular lights, or your low beams. But if you are referring to your low beams, its not a good thing. The H2 has a dual filament bulb (H4 I'd guess, but could be a 900x series), and burning both filaments at once will drastically shorten the life of the bulb, and possibly overheat the headlamp housing (if it is plastic, which I'd assume it is). It could also overload the marginal wiring for the headlamp, specifically the ground line that is now carrying twice the current it was designed to. Just something to consider....

~Scott T.
'95 D-90 (JEEPETR)
'96 Discovery (Not Stock)

Tiger Bait
12-11-2002, 02:11 PM
H2 headlights are 9007

dr p
12-11-2002, 03:29 PM
great lights but lets go over the real stuff in this picture. how much lift-- inches and dollars? what size tires and how much offset on the wheels? I'm just dying for this to come out!

Steve R
12-13-2002, 05:33 AM
Scott....great point!! thanks!

It's just that when they are both on...you do get a great deal of lighted area. Put it this way: When the brights are on, I wish the low-beams were on too.