PDA

View Full Version : Just got mine today at Sewell in Dallas.

skeeter
05-22-2005, 03:37 AM
Hi, I have enjoyed all the discussion, and info about the H3's for the last number of weeks, now I must beak my silence. I too have been waiting for the H3 release for a long time, and this site has been a wealth of information, and I thank you all. I took delivery of my yellow adventure, with sunroof, 6 disc monsoon, grill gaurd, tube step, and roof cross pcs today, and It is awesome. It has a much better than expected ride, quite smooth compared to my 03 silverdo 2500 hd. Very quite no sqeaks, or rattles so far anyway. I will weight in my two cents on the vortec 3500 subject. In my option it is OK. It is not great by all means, but it gets you up to speed with out feeling you are holding up any traffic behind you. If you are someone who jumps out like a jack rabbit from stop light to stop light you won't like it. I own a corvette for that. Does it have the meat of my 6.0 in my hd truck, NO. I have a 18 ft. skeeter bass boat, and I think it will do alright draging it out to the lake. I will give you a report on it trailering skills later. I am very pleased with the quality, and the feel of the H3. It has a big truck feel in my option. When you see one at a glance you think H2. It is most certianly a Hummer. I like the Monsoon 6 disc stereo, when you pump up the volume it is pretty crisp to me. I have never owned any 10in boom boxes before, so I would not want to lead you to belive it can compare to that, but it is awesome to me. I will give you addtional info in the days to come. OH yhea at Sewell Hummer in Dallas they are charging MSRP only. NO up charges. They still had two or three left today, but they are getting in a major load to choose from the next couple of weeks. Sewell will most likely be the largest voulme hummer dealer in the US. They have a great team, with ecellent service. I might be worth your dive to buy one here. Ask for Paul, or Amy in sales. Here is a photo taken at night. Unlike Seth I used a flash, and really have a H3 in my driveway. I will post more later.

skeeter
05-22-2005, 03:37 AM
Hi, I have enjoyed all the discussion, and info about the H3's for the last number of weeks, now I must beak my silence. I too have been waiting for the H3 release for a long time, and this site has been a wealth of information, and I thank you all. I took delivery of my yellow adventure, with sunroof, 6 disc monsoon, grill gaurd, tube step, and roof cross pcs today, and It is awesome. It has a much better than expected ride, quite smooth compared to my 03 silverdo 2500 hd. Very quite no sqeaks, or rattles so far anyway. I will weight in my two cents on the vortec 3500 subject. In my option it is OK. It is not great by all means, but it gets you up to speed with out feeling you are holding up any traffic behind you. If you are someone who jumps out like a jack rabbit from stop light to stop light you won't like it. I own a corvette for that. Does it have the meat of my 6.0 in my hd truck, NO. I have a 18 ft. skeeter bass boat, and I think it will do alright draging it out to the lake. I will give you a report on it trailering skills later. I am very pleased with the quality, and the feel of the H3. It has a big truck feel in my option. When you see one at a glance you think H2. It is most certianly a Hummer. I like the Monsoon 6 disc stereo, when you pump up the volume it is pretty crisp to me. I have never owned any 10in boom boxes before, so I would not want to lead you to belive it can compare to that, but it is awesome to me. I will give you addtional info in the days to come. OH yhea at Sewell Hummer in Dallas they are charging MSRP only. NO up charges. They still had two or three left today, but they are getting in a major load to choose from the next couple of weeks. Sewell will most likely be the largest voulme hummer dealer in the US. They have a great team, with ecellent service. I might be worth your dive to buy one here. Ask for Paul, or Amy in sales. Here is a photo taken at night. Unlike Seth I used a flash, and really have a H3 in my driveway. I will post more later.

killian
05-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Ding - Ding - Ding! And the winner is.....
So there you have it boys and girls. Is this our first official "I got my H3" post?

So Skeeter, let me see if I got this right. This whole time you're just hanging in the background, not saying anything, watching as we slowly work ourselves into a lather. Just waiting to pounce as we bang away at the refresh button like the energizer bunny with the cymbals, going cross eyed as we read the H3 forum praying for some little glimmer of news from Builder or HOKC or someone with some juicy info. Then, (read this bit as if you were weeping) when were not looking BAM! you drive your H3 home and take photos just to taunt us! That's not right, man! How can you sleep at night? How can you live with yourself? My eye is twitching! I'm going to need some serious therapy after all this is done.

(gets up off the floor, brushes self off, clears throat.)

"Right. Good job, well done. Congratulations on your new wheels. Thanks for the post and please keep them coming. Meanwhile I'm going to Mexico to get a years supply of Xanex."

wannabeH3
05-22-2005, 01:46 PM
congrats man! take some pics of that thing doing something! try out the 4wd and stuff!

HummerNewbie
05-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Skeeter,

Congratulations. You do know don't you, we are all going to be living through you vicariously until we get ours. This means that you can't just sit back and watch anymore. You have to keep us posted on a daily bases. No, that's not enough. You have to keep us posted on an HOURLY bases http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, when did you order yours?

Any way, congratulations, you are the winner. Anyone know what his prize is other then getting to post updates hourly http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HUMMER H3 4 ME
05-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Can you post more pics asap?

funpilot
05-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Skeeter gets to hug DRTYFN !!!!

HummerNewbie
05-22-2005, 06:28 PM
So he lost http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I thought that being the first here to take delivery meant that he won http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

oneworld
05-22-2005, 08:05 PM
congrats skeeter, good luck with the new ride, and please keep us posted on the ride, and what your thoughts are on the quality as you drive it more, have lots of fun

NJ H2
05-23-2005, 12:34 AM
Congrats! How did you get your tags so fast?

H3 Builder
05-23-2005, 01:28 AM
If you look very close, that's a temporary tag, paper. It is filled in to show the expiration date.

skeeter
05-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Ok guys, its been 24 hours now, and I have NO buyers remorse. I am however haveing buyers rejoice. I have been out driving most of the day, and put about 275 mile on it. This H3 is a lot of fun to drive, and parking is a snap. This thing turns on a dime. Im use to long wide turns in my chevy hd pickup, and then backing up to straighten it out when parking. It drives like a big truck, so the parking feels weird but its nice. It got up to 99 degrees today (hot as hell for may), but I left the sunroof open all day, (with the AC on of course). The AC does a great job even with the 36 x 24 sunroof open. The large size sunroof is sweet, and the built in wind defector does a nice job, with very little wind tubulace. It looks like I my be a little sun burned though. I may have caused a few accidents, (or near accidents) with the rubber neckers. Lots of looks, and speed ups, and slow downs to take a peek at the H3, I also had a number of people walking up in parking lots asking if they can look. My favorate part is looking at the envy on the faces when you pull up next to, or drive by a Jeep CJ owner. They know this Hummer is a serious 4x4, and the H3 looks so much bigger, and badder. Please, not a knock on Jeep CJ they are bad ass 4x4s as well. Sorry, I just mainly just cruised around today. I intend do a little off roading this week, and give you a full report. Also I will hook up to my Bass Boat in the next day or two, and try to catch a few of those bucket mouth sum bitches (black bass), and light up a big fat cigar out of my humidor afterwards, and tell you a fish lie or two. So a trailering report will be forth coming as well. YES, I will take some photos, sorry I did not today. Here is an other one from yesterday anyway.

skeeter
05-23-2005, 01:36 AM
Yes, it is a paper tag. H3 Builder, all I can say is you guys do damm good work. For real good job it feels soild.

skeeter
05-23-2005, 01:40 AM
OH yhea, I did have one on order, but I could not wait any more. This one was about the same, with a few more add ons, so I just bit the bullet, and bought it.

KenP
05-23-2005, 02:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NJ H2:
Congrats! How did you get your tags so fast? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The larger dealerships down here can issue them to you. I haven't had paper tags in years. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Congrats skeeter. That's great to see.

HummerNewbie
05-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Dealers down here can issue a new tag as well. If you are trading in a vehicle, you can just transfer the tag as well. I have only had 1 temp tag in about 10 years.

HUMMER 4 Jake
05-23-2005, 12:35 PM
My Sales Person at Sewell just emailed me and told me the one I pre Ordered would be in Today or tomorrow !!!
I cant wait http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

firm
05-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Hummer4Jake- When did you order you H3?

killian
05-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Hmmm... A dealer here in Arizona has some paperwork that shows that the dealership has to start paying interest on their stock of H3s beginning on the 24th. He is guessing that they expect to have a shipment by then.