PDA

View Full Version : JeepForum.com, H2 Recovery Team, H2 vandalism and more...?

Rory
07-24-2003, 03:25 AM
Somehow I stumbled over to www.jeepforum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com) and found this thread with over 150 pages concerning this stupid 'H2 Recovery Team' fad. It starts off with everyone buying the stickers that say 'H2 Recovery Team' and then near the end there's some guy in Tyler, Texas saying he saw an H2 at a car lot for sale and that he's going to take it for a 'test drive' to Linsey Park for some pictures and 'wheeling'. There's another guy asking about what he can do to an H2 that he know's of that parks on the street without landing him in jail.

There's far more than what I've mentioned, I didn't have the patience to read all 150+ pages of crap. I just thought I'd bring this to someone's attention because Jeepers putting down the H2 & H1 is one thing, but to then start talking about damaging H2's parked on the street and taking an H2 on a supposed test drive for the purpose of taking pictures and wheeling it is stepping over the line in my book. I would think that if there were such things being discussed on this forum with such seriousnous, that those involved would be banned.

Maybe someone has the patience to read through the entire thread and see what else there is?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=770cbcff5270ac4cf8539b1735f3b350&threadid=33810&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Rory
'94 Hummer
www.roryroberts.com (http://www.roryroberts.com)
St. Charles, MO

Rory
07-24-2003, 03:25 AM
Somehow I stumbled over to www.jeepforum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com) and found this thread with over 150 pages concerning this stupid 'H2 Recovery Team' fad. It starts off with everyone buying the stickers that say 'H2 Recovery Team' and then near the end there's some guy in Tyler, Texas saying he saw an H2 at a car lot for sale and that he's going to take it for a 'test drive' to Linsey Park for some pictures and 'wheeling'. There's another guy asking about what he can do to an H2 that he know's of that parks on the street without landing him in jail.

There's far more than what I've mentioned, I didn't have the patience to read all 150+ pages of crap. I just thought I'd bring this to someone's attention because Jeepers putting down the H2 & H1 is one thing, but to then start talking about damaging H2's parked on the street and taking an H2 on a supposed test drive for the purpose of taking pictures and wheeling it is stepping over the line in my book. I would think that if there were such things being discussed on this forum with such seriousnous, that those involved would be banned.

Maybe someone has the patience to read through the entire thread and see what else there is?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=770cbcff5270ac4cf8539b1735f3b350&threadid=33810&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Rory
'94 Hummer
www.roryroberts.com (http://www.roryroberts.com)
St. Charles, MO

Patriot
07-24-2003, 08:07 AM
Don't sweat it...they are just jealous.

I used to have a TJ myself...not a bad truck, just a bit too small for me.

I have a friend in work that has one and I kid him all the time when he talks about my H2...

I said...

"Man Dave, I was on my way into work and picked up a stone in my tire. It was making a terrible noise. I pulled over to flick the stone out of my tire tread when I realized it was a Jeep I must run over a few miles back"!!!

BKLYNH2
07-24-2003, 09:39 AM
They are no threat, they've been here already. They were about as tough as their jeeps, which they posted picks doing such extreme things as climbing up the curb at the shopping mall. They gave us all a good laugh.
Peter

Dan
07-24-2003, 11:09 AM
I have a jeep, does that make me a hater too? Nah. Those guys certainly are though. Some day they'll grow up and see how dumb they looked. And some of them will never grow up and continue to be part of what degrades society.

Drive what you like. Expect the same respect you give. Its that easy.

- Dan

-------------------------------------------
http://www.microfunds.com/images/sut_sm.jpg SUT on order since 12/02 - 11 months to go!

DRTYFN
07-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Wow!! Just spent a few minutes reading through their ramblings. Can you say jealous? IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple.

BKLYNH2
07-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Here is the link to the H2 recovery team thread on this forum. H2 Recovery team thread (http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=9526053822&m=5996068103)
This is a very funny thread. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SJ
07-24-2003, 02:35 PM
At a time when our roads are filled with imports, here the H2 is about as all-American as vehicles come these days. Yet the very people that should be our 4 x 4 brethren are busy bashing an American truck.

I guess I'm backwards in the 21st Century, as it seems more patriotic to buy a Toyota or Nissan [French owned] these days?

Jeep Facts:

1. The Jeep brand is owned by Daimler-Chrysler, which is considered a GERMAN corporation by most economic standards. Almost all reputable media sources and publications site GERMAN control/ownership of the Jeep brand.

2. Engineering/Design and Product Control rests in the hands of German HQ.

3. The INTELLECTUAL input for producing a car/truck at D-C is increasingly becoming a German affair. For example, the Jeep Liberty and Grand Cherokee will both have more components designed and developed by Mercedes in the coming years. One specific example is the Common Rail Diesel (CRD) powerplant.

4. Jeep may be assembled in the USA with a majority of domestic parts, but the revenue ultimately goes to a German-based entity.

Why do some of the people that claim to be patriotic bash American products, then turn around and support a foreign brand? Truly baffling.

I guess we should have all bought Toyota 4-Runners folks. Let's just kill the American auto industry entirely and then maybe these morons will finally figure out that they support self-destructive behavior.

I sincerely like Jeeps, and I do think the Hummer bashing is isolated to a small percentage of owners. That being said, let's see the full picture and get some Red-blooded American facts straight for the few idiots that condone trashing a Hummer!

Detonate
07-24-2003, 02:39 PM
It looks like pay back is a bitch. Someone vandilized one of thier jeeps.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=2dcd14d69919a2b048ded916eb67c3a4&threadid=33810&perpage=15&pagenumber=137

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder

DennisAJC
07-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Holy Snypees!

Spidey belongs to that Forum!

Or mabye Spidey's opposite,"Bizarro Spidey"

Man they are really bashing us in there. But it's their Forum. Let's leave em be. Kinda like sparing the ant hill from the WD40 and lighter thing.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

argonaut
07-24-2003, 03:23 PM
What immature A**holes. And I thought we were bad. These guys are just jealous. We should send Steve R over to show them how to offroad. Maybe we should send them some of his awesome movies.

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5

DennisAJC
07-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Those guys are a blast! They're just having fun!

Look, if H2 was finacially out of my league, I would be alittle...err..uh..extremely jealous.

When I was younger and in my "have not" stage,
honestly, I was jealous of the upper class. But now I understand why some would pick on people like us.

Outside of the Forum, most of them are probably stand up guys. Reminds me of some of my employees.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

argonaut
07-24-2003, 08:23 PM
We aren't upstanding mature gentlemen either Dennis (remember Andkon and Majoobijoobi, and the Frenchies, and the Jeeperss, and the Rover trolls, besides Chris that is) http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But at least we have a lot of fun on this site. Most of the H2 owners I see around here (Portland) seem very stuck up and image obsessed. Most of them give me dirty looks if anything. There are a couple of nice owners, mostly brand new owners who still have that excitement we all felt (I still do almost a year later). That's why I like this forum so much. everybody here has a great personality and there is plenty of gags and flaming and gentle ribbing going on to keep me entertained every day instead of doing the stuff I should be doing. In fact I leave tomorrow for a weeklong cruise and I'm going to miss this place. Cruise ships have internet access, right?

'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5

DennisAJC
07-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Argonaut,

I agree, but I'm not going into their Forum to bother them.

If they come in here and press the wrong buttons...well...In the words of the HULK, " Must kill troll!" http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

AlamoJim
07-24-2003, 09:43 PM
I post in that forum...and I have read the entire thread your talking about...it seems that for the most part they are having fun at the expense of the mall queen H2s. There are at least a couple of H2 owners that were crazy enough to actually post there (craniac, myself), and they gave kudos for actually taking it offroad. Like argonaut said, even we notice that many of the H2 owners are image obsessed - we are the odd balls in the H2 world because we actually go offroad.

I have seen several posts deriding the mall queen H2s in this forum...a couple of them have discussed 'offroading' an H2, but how many kids in your neighborhood would vandalize your H2 if you left it out every night? not many, but a couple. I think several of those guys are hardcore offroaders that would have a good time if we went with them because they simply have no idea of what an H2 CAN do - not enough H2 owners have the guts to take it out and use it.
They were even saying that the new H2 commercial (big race) was one of the best off road vehicle commercials they had ever seen.

jealous of us, some...skeptical of our capabilities -absolutely.

what is funny is that the VP of DC even said that 90% of jeep vehicles will not go offroad. I guess that they are more like us than they know! (just on a different budget!)

pretty soon all the 'free trails' will be closed by the sierra club and then half of them won't be able to afford to go 4wheelin!

DennisAJC
07-24-2003, 10:10 PM
AlamoJim,

I guess you can call me a MallKing. I usually take my H2 to meetings and client luncheons. I'm still a poser sure. I can't talk **** about taking my H2 off-road like I did with my YJ Sahara(Which I beat and rolled to **** non stop for 6 years. Still have it.).

I don't want to go at it alone http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif. I'm trying to persuade SPIDEY to lunch to see if we can get a group started.

So until then, I'll beat the **** out of the YJ and keep the Armour All Tires shining on the H2.

Dennis - Forum big talker http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

Bright-Lee
07-25-2003, 02:12 AM
This site rocks!!!
Will trade for H2

DennisAJC
07-25-2003, 02:19 AM
Wholly Shyt! The Beast! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

brrrrrrrrr
07-28-2003, 09:54 PM
For the most part, I can't speak for everyone, we'd love to go wheeling with you guys, but I have never seen an H2 offroad and the H2 Owners I have approached about this look at me like I am crazy.

I'm sure some of you do take your H2s offroad, and yes there are jeeps that never go off road, but for something that has been labeled as the ultimate off road machine you'd think more people would be wheeling them .... except the people bought them for the image only.

It's these "image only" people that bother us/me. These are usually the arrogant people that will "drive over curbs to avoid traffic" (quoted items paraphrase things from your album page) and these same people are usually the ones that will argue to no end about how capable their H2 is and how bad a Jeep/chevy/yota is. I myself, don't buy a vehicle for the "looks people give me", or so that I can "pull up next to other vehicles and smile at them". Just as I would laugh at the lack of maturity in these acts should a Jeeper do them I do so towards anyone else, including H2 owners.

I think there are a lot of H2 owners that give those of you that bought the vehicle and really use it, a bad name. Unfortunately there are a lot, a whole lot of people that got their h2s to make a statement ... If you need a vehicle to let the world know who you are then you aren't much of anyone in my book.

I also think a lot of people have problems with seeing how a vehicle that heavy, with the limited articulation that it's IFS has, and large turning radius can go down a trail and not damage it. Having never seen one on the trail I can't comment about this myself, just want to fill you guys in. And I do feel for you on this level coming from owning a large vehicle before my Jeep.

I don't want to get into how/why I think a stock Jeep will out wheel an H2, unless you want to, but remember that a stock jeep costs a lot less than an H2. Consider the Jeep you would be "up against" if I went out and spent as much on it as you folks did for your vehicle alone.

For those that actually do take your H2 off road I commend you, but most people will still think poorly of you because you are trashing a 50 grand vehicle, which to most people makes you look really wasteful .

I invite you to let me know next time any of you want to go in my neck of the woods...

OH, I'd love a link to the H2 wheeling movies you have too.

edit - Oh and I don't remember anyone saying that they were going to actually vandalize any vehicles on that thread. I hope that if they said it it was in Jest, but then again I see some of your members feel quite happy that one of us would have our vehicle vandalized. Like I said, it's these types of people that will give the rest of you a bad rep...

www.2bbdelta.org (http://www.2bbdelta.org)

[This message was edited by brrrrrrrrr on 07-28-03 at 05:05 PM.]

h2?
07-29-2003, 12:44 AM
Thanks for proving that h2 owners are morons. I am a proud jeep owner, college graduate and a United States Marine. I guess because i don't fit into your stuffed shirt crowd that i am beneath you. Enjoy taking your h2 to the mall and polluting our planet by using a "off road" vehicle for milk and cookie trips. to quote one of your own, "Drive what you like. Expect the same respect you give. Its that easy." Ironic one of your own sums it up the best, i feel bad for you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Wow!! Just spent a few minutes reading through their ramblings. Can you say jealous? IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

h2?
07-29-2003, 12:51 AM
this post hits the nail on the head. for those that wheel, craniac etc etc. good to go. for those that don't, relax. it's ok. you are secure in your image only world. as long as you like who you see in the mirror, thats all that matters. most of the h2 owners i have met are cool. i helped a h2 guy about a month ago. The h2 owners on this board want to flame jeepers for god knows why. the real test of a man is not what he drives or his place in society, it is wether they are down to earth enough to lend a hand to anyone, anywhere, anytime. chew on that. semper fi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brrrrrrrrr:
For the most part, I can't speak for everyone, we'd love to go wheeling with you guys, but I have never seen an H2 offroad and the H2 Owners I have approached about this look at me like I am crazy.

I'm sure some of you do take your H2s offroad, and yes there are jeeps that never go off road, but for something that has been labeled as the ultimate off road machine you'd think more people would be wheeling them .... except the people bought them for the image only.

It's these "image only" people that bother us/me. These are usually the arrogant people that will "drive over curbs to avoid traffic" (quoted items paraphrase things from your album page) and these same people are usually the ones that will argue to no end about how capable their H2 is and how bad a Jeep/chevy/yota is. I myself, don't buy a vehicle for the "looks people give me", or so that I can "pull up next to other vehicles and smile at them". Just as I would laugh at the lack of maturity in these acts should a Jeeper do them I do so towards anyone else, including H2 owners.

I think there are a lot of H2 owners that give those of you that bought the vehicle and really use it, a bad name. Unfortunately there are a lot, a whole lot of people that got their h2s to make a statement ... If you need a vehicle to let the world know who you are then you aren't much of anyone in my book.

I also think a lot of people have problems with seeing how a vehicle that heavy, with the limited articulation that it's IFS has, and large turning radius can go down a trail and not damage it. Having never seen one on the trail I can't comment about this myself, just want to fill you guys in. And I do feel for you on this level coming from owning a large vehicle before my Jeep.

I don't want to get into how/why I think a stock Jeep will out wheel an H2, unless you want to, but remember that a stock jeep costs a lot less than an H2. Consider the Jeep you would be "up against" if I went out and spent as much on it as you folks did for your vehicle alone.

For those that actually do take your H2 off road I commend you, but most people will still think poorly of you because you are trashing a 50 grand vehicle, which to most people makes you look really wasteful .

I invite you to let me know next time any of you want to go in my neck of the woods...

OH, I'd love a link to the H2 wheeling movies you have too.

edit - Oh and I don't remember anyone saying that they were going to actually vandalize any vehicles on that thread. I hope that if they said it it was in Jest, but then again I see some of your members feel quite happy that one of us would have our vehicle vandalized. Like I said, it's these types of people that will give the rest of you a bad rep...

http://www.2bbdelta.org

[This message was edited by brrrrrrrrr on 07-28-03 at 05:05 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BADRAP
07-29-2003, 01:11 AM
I know that this is an open forum and all should be able to post, but where do some of these people come from and how do they get on here... It seems as if their only intention is to slam H2 owners and future owners. I know that I speak for many when I say, that YES my H2 is an image, and it says alot about those that own them. I have taken my H2 offroad and had fun doing it. Although I would not do anything serious that would tear it up, if I wanted to do that then I would spend the money and buy an old cheap POS and tear it up, why spend 55K to tear something up, never understand that one... I am just saying this is an open forum and there is no reason for outsiders to come on here and start flaming and causing trouble... This just like other forums has and will have its share of trolls and the more we monitor and watch out for these people the better off this place will be...

For the NON H2 OWNERS:
This forum is open you are welcome, but come in peace, not to cause issues and try to make a statement here... If you want to do this then drop the cash join the club and then talk all you like.. If not then take your jeeps and what not and go somewhere else.. We have neither the time nor the inclination to dwell on your misfourtunes and ludicris ideas about Hummer owners.. I think that we can all get along in some shape or fashion...

BADRAP
DOMESTIC PARTS NET (http://www.domesticpartsnet.com/)
03 H2, Lux, Pewter
03 BMW 525i, Titanium Gray Metallic, Black Leather
H2 Club - Houston Chapter..
badrap@sbcglobal.net

Steve R
07-29-2003, 02:18 AM
Ya know....when we go trolling and hunting for tuna we don't bring our whippy little bass rods and light tackle. And when we are hitting up the kelp paddies for calico's...we leave the heavy stuff at home.

Much like different tackle, the H2 and the Jeep are different vehicles. When our club went to Stoddard Valley and had to work around all those nasty rocks, boulders and tight trails...it was a bitch and we watched smaller vehicles with shorter wheelbases turn circles around us.

However, our last event was a desert run through sand washes, steep hills and long roads where we blasted through at speeds in excess of 60 mph. Trust me when I say a raised, short-wheelbased, SFA vehicle would not have kept up with us...not even close. Not only that....but we were moving 3-4 people per rig and all dressed up with camping gear....no jeep could carry that many people and that much supplies.

Vipers and Vette's scream down the straights, Porsche's carve the twisties....just different vehicles.

"The Ultimate Go Anywhere Vehicle"....it's just a tag-line. Don't believe the hype and don't resent a marketing plan.

It's not what you have in life...it's what you do with it. It really is that simple. I'd help out ANY vehicle I find on the trail, as well as welcome any to join us.

SOCAL XMER
07-29-2003, 06:05 AM
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifWell said Steve, I get so tired of who has the better rig.Just buy what you can afford and wheel it!!

future H2 or H3 owner

Dan
07-29-2003, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by h2?:
... to quote one of your own, "Drive what you like. Expect the same respect you give. Its that easy." Ironic one of your own sums it up the best, i feel bad for you
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that was a compliment? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

If you think about it, it all really doesn't matter. Hummer labeled the H2 as the "Ultimate Offroad Machine", not its buyers. "Ultimate" is a subjective word, depending on your needs. Ultimate for one person might be to have lots or cargo space and a decent ride, while others dont care about space and want a heavy duty suspension.

Some H2 owners wheel their H2's all the time, others will never see dirt. But to go so far & say that the ones that never see dirt are all mall queens is a little short sighted. Take my situation for instance. When the SUT comes next year it will be my daily driver, to & from work. Also to go on my Home Depot errands, etc. It probably wont see dirt more than a few times a year. Does that make me a yuppie ego-head? No, it means that I just dont have time. Two kids, house, yard, job, etc. Mind you, I'd love to go every week like I did with my CJ7 years ago but I can't now. Sure, there are folks who are buying H2s for the image but to lump everyone into that crowd isnt right.

My objective opinion - the H2RT is a little much and gives the impression that its members are somewhat immature and hating. I realize its all in fun, but consider what the average person looking at it from the outside might think.

Really though, who cares about it all. Why find some useless axe to grind? Why spend energy irritated about what other people drive? It silly if you really think about it. Its right up there with the Ford vs Chevy arguing. Time is so much better spent.

Again - Drive what you like. Expect the same respect you give. If you're going to have an H2RT sticker on your jeep, dont expect H2'ers to be Hi-5'ing you for it. And if you're driving your H2 with your nose up in the air, dont expect jeepers to be thumbs up.

I drive an XJ by the way - H2 is on order. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

- Dan

http://www.microfunds.com/images/sut_sm.jpg SUT on order since 12/02 - 11 months to go!

brrrrrrrrr
07-29-2003, 03:41 PM
I'm certainly not here to try to argue with you on your own forum. After reading a few threads I got the idea that you folks don't understand why there is dislike for some of you and I am here to try to enlighten you.

BADRAP-
"I know that I speak for many when I say, that YES my H2 is an image, and it says alot about those that own them" ... To maority of the population all it really says is that you can afford a 50K vehicle. I'll address the image it portrays to the later on in this post...

Steve R-
I agree that most trail rig Jeeps couldn't race across the desert at 60Mph, but before you draw any conclusions you may want to check out some of the jeep speed guys. If I were to spend the price difference between my Jeep and your H2 I think I'd be able to keep up with no problems. Actually for the price of your H2 I could get 2 jeeps, leave one at home and still afford to nicely outfit the other for whatever beatings I want to give it. It really doesn't matter what wheels beter where, and saying your H2 will out wheel a jeep doesn't help your arguement. Whether it's true or not, it still cost at least 30k more than most Jeeps.

Dan-
"Sure, there are folks who are buying H2s for the image but to lump everyone into that crowd isnt right.

My objective opinion - the H2RT is a little much and gives the impression that its members are somewhat immature and hating. I realize its all in fun, but consider what the average person looking at it from the outside might think."

Think about that ... the average person. The average person can't afford to spend 50K on an H2 ... ot even the gas bill, so they assume that anyone that buys an H2 buys it for image, are wasteful & don't understand why you got an H2 not a suburban. I think most folks don't understand why a pickup truck, or a suburban can't do the same things for you utility wise. And I don't think the H2 puts off the image you folks think it does.... especially to the average person. Average people don't look at your H2 and think how cool you are. Average people think you are driving the biggest vehicle, with the worst gas mileage, taking up the most amout of parking space and trying to prove how successful you are by doing do. And yes, if you are using the biggest gas guzzler ever, as a daily driver, for driving yourself to work in these days of high arse gas prices, people are going to dislike you. I'm not trying to attack & it's nothing personal, thats just the way it is.

Dan
07-29-2003, 04:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brrrrrrrrr:
Think about that ... the average person. The average person can't afford to spend 50K on an H2 ... ot even the gas bill, so they assume that anyone that buys an H2 buys it for image, are wasteful & don't understand why you got an H2 not a suburban. I think most folks don't understand why a pickup truck, or a suburban can't do the same things for you utility wise. And I don't think the H2 puts off the image you folks think it does.... especially to the average person. Average people don't look at your H2 and think how cool you are. Average people think you are driving the biggest vehicle, with the worst gas mileage, taking up the most amout of parking space and trying to prove how successful you are by doing do. And yes, if you are using the biggest gas guzzler ever, as a daily driver, for driving yourself to work in these days of high arse gas prices, people are going to dislike you. I'm not trying to attack & it's nothing personal, thats just the way it is.

http://www.2bbdelta.org&lt;HR&gt;&lt;/BLOCKQUOTE&gt; (http://www.2bbdelta.org<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>)

Its an H2 thing...You wouldn't understand.

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Seriously though, then why dont Escalades get the same bad rap? They get bad mileage, are very expensive, huge vehicle, etc, etc. Theyre all image if you ask me. At least the H2 is a capable offroader.

- Dan

Steve R
07-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Mr. Brrrr, (you get what you give), you wrote:

If I were to spend the price difference between my Jeep and your H2 I think I'd be able to keep up with no problems. Actually for the price of your H2 I could get 2 jeeps, leave one at home and still afford to nicely outfit the other for whatever beatings I want to give it. It really doesn't matter what wheels beter where, and saying your H2 will out wheel a jeep doesn't help your arguement. Whether it's true or not, it still cost at least 30k more than most Jeeps.
-end

I never stated nor argued that the H2 could outwheel a Jeep...I merely tried to find a middle-ground in an effort to tolerate your stench and be friendly.

I like your gentle form of being obnoxious & offensive. What's your point?...that the H2 is not worth it and a Jeep can do it cheaper? I have no interest in researching your "speed jeep", but I know with certainty that a short wheelbased vehicle with axles is no match for a longer wheelbased vehicle with IFS. Deceive yourself otherwise, but spare us your bull****.

I've had 3 jeeps and I can tell you that you are completely right: there is no comparison, the H2 out-classes the Jeep hands down. It's better looking, better made, far more luxurious and is just a much sweeter vehicle that carries with it some prestige in ownership.

Your numbers are off. By the time you take a Tahoe and have it all done-up with tires, lockers and all the good stuff, you're just about where an H2 is. And what does a Grand Chickedee cost nowadays anyways...who cares, the interior is so stripped down and cheap. I recently "unloaded" mine, but not before it nickel & dimed me to death with crappy design.

Anybody in a trailer can buy themselves a frankenstein'd CJ and attend tractor-pulls with the best of them....it's just another jeep. You don't like the H2, you dont' see the value in the H2...that's fine. Some people just love a greasy hamburger. We like steak and can afford it: deal with it.

It's a lot like the guy with a built-up old Nova with a huge engine: he thinks the guy who bought the vette is a fool. He can buy and build 4 Nova's for the price of a vette.

It's a matter of taste, ability to afford such a vehicle and an appreciation for something much nicer then common junk. Obviously a concept that is well beyond your ability to appreciate.

Here's a thought: Jason...this guy is obviously a troll who has no intention of constructively contributing to this forum....do I hear a flushing noise coming on??????

brrrrrrrrr
07-29-2003, 06:45 PM
Dan
I totally agree. But, the excursion & escalade have now been outdone by the H2 interms of price and size, which leads you to your problem. Oh and for the record, I hate it when people have the "it's a jeep thing" stickers and I laugh at them as well.

Steve,
I'm actually trying to be friendly. I read the post of the stuff from colorado 4x4 and someone asked why people look at h2 owners the way they do, so I'm trying to answer their question.

I've tried to respect your forum, I've used no abusive language, no curse words and made no personal attacks, unlike you have.

I even listed the website of the 4x4 club I am in in case any of you wanted to come wheel with us.

Sorry if you missed that, and I really am here to disscuss things and be real about it, not to troll. If you don't want to hear what the average guy is thinking then I apologize for you having to read my thoughts.

Steve R
07-29-2003, 09:13 PM
Brrrrr....

Your trying to be friendly? I don't think so. While you have not used absuive language, curse words or mounted any personal attacks....you have entirely been here to boast the **** out of your jeep and lay an ugly picture of the Hummer. Let's not kid ourselves, your intent is malicious....your just doing with with a smile on your face and soft voice.

There's nothing friendly about coming onto a foreign board and boasting how you could put together 2 jeeps for the price of the H2 and out-do us. You claim that you are merely explaining stuff....but we can read between the lines and pick up on what you're really trying to convey: the notion that Jeeps are great and Hummers are over-priced ineffective gloats.

You deserve the hostility. The next time you annoy anyone...I will see to it you are removed from the forum. We've been attacked long enough to recognize the soft approach.

This forum is about Hummers, in particular the H2. Since you don't own one, why don't you leave.

brrrrrrrrr
07-29-2003, 11:24 PM
I hope you'll read my posts again and notice what I said the first time. I never said I could build 2 jeeps for the price of 1 H2 that would both out do the H2. What I did say was that for 50k I can build a Jeep that will keep up with an H2. I then said for the price of the H2 I could buy 2 Jeeps and outfit one of them quite nicely.

Not once did I say my Jeep is better or say I think H2s are over priced gloats. All I've done is given you the insight of what most people think of the H2 and how they perceive the drivers/owners of them. In fact there is another thread on this board disscudding how the H2 has lost some of its glory now that it isn't new, and some even feel threatened when people approach them when they are in their H2 because they feel that people may give them greif over owning the H2.

If you want to go on a mission to have me banned from this forum I won't complain. But like I have stated several times, I'm came to discuss things, not start an arguement or hate anyone. It seems though that you are unwilling to calmly discuss anything, so I'll make this my last post, and leave you to your forum. Hopefully one day you will realize that not all Jeepers "hate" H2 owners.

A lot of the folks on here seem open to wheeling & discissing these things with other people, it seems you aren't. I'm not sure what I said that has upset you so much, sorry for whatever it was.

For the rest of you I invite you to come out and wheel with us anytime. Our club has several chapters around the nation and we'd love to have you join us.

HUMMERDOGG
07-30-2003, 12:47 AM
I stated this a long time ago when we had the jeep trolls invade the air space and I guess I'll have to say it again...

For the price of a "new and bad ass Jeep Rubicon", I could go over to Avalanche Engineering and talk to my good buddy Steve and have him build me one of his custom Assassins or Snipers or his brand new creation the Carnivore that would just f*cking smoke the ass off any souped up Jeep Rubicon, much less any other Jeep you could outfit for the same amount of money.

So here we sit, you the fool for spending all that money on your jeep which you thought was the baddest offroad vehicle made yet it can't hold a candle to my Carnivore for offroading and my Carnivore was so much less money. Now who is the j@ckass for wasting his money??? And who is the genius for having the baddest offroad vehicle made???

And what's funny is if you read my tag, I don't even own an H2...

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*

BADRAP
07-30-2003, 01:38 AM
Very well put HD.....

DiscoDancingRover
07-30-2003, 02:34 AM
You could buy 2 jeeps yea, but you get what you pay for. An H2 is better then any jeep. And all these guys are unique, they wheel their H2s. How often will you meet a guy who wheels his or her H2? Not much, but I see about 20-30 jeepers driving around everyday.

That is one reason why I would never buy a jeep, everyone has one, there is nothing unique about it. I have a Rover taht is lifted, and I will rarely see one around here. I go wheeling and have meet a few jeepers and they try to talk down to me as that I wasted my money on that and I should buy a jeep. I don't want a jeep. These guys have worked hard in their life to get the H2 and you have no reason at all to bash on them for having one or to say it is a lesser vehicle. If I could have a dream garage I would have a D90 for SWB trails, the disco for a flexable vehicle, and the H2 for the trails in which the LWB is a plus. Now I can not afford all those but that would be my dream. No off-roader is perfect, like everyone has said. So don't make fun of the people here because they paid their dues to soceity and made something of themselves so they could get an H2. That is just jealousy, thats all so unless you have something productive to add to this site then go away.

I was once a troll, but now I respect the H2, maybe you could do the same.

-CALM

Buckeye Hummer
07-30-2003, 02:54 AM
Many of my friends had Jeeps (back in high school). They are very inexpensive, poorly made vehicles that need a significant amount of money thrown at them to have any off-road ability. But of course, after you make them off-road capable, the little on-road comfort the vehicle had is comletely gone. And now what do you have? You have nothing short of a circus vehicle or should I say something more suited to the Ohio State Fair! Don't get me wrong I am "Buckeye Hummer" so don't think I don't love Ohio. I just haven't gone to the fair in quite some time. About the same amount of time since my friends were driving Jeeps (when they didn't have a choice).

BTW, Brrrr, I am driving a Jeep Cherokee in Cape Cod while I am on vacation. The vehicle is purely junk. I do plan to take it up to Norsette beach, which is about 20 miles in the sand. Lucky for me my good friend will be following in a 4wd silverado to pull me out if/when I get stuck. Remember, this is a stock Jeep that is not ready for the fair yet and certainly not ready for deep sand!

brrrrrrrrr
07-30-2003, 05:51 AM
I really, I mean really tried to leave well enough alone, but as a few of you emailed me & the responses you guys are giving on here are unbelieveable .....

I can't believe how much hatred some of you seem to have, that or you just aren't reading what I'm posting. I have had ample opportunity to come up with witty & insulting comebacks to a lot of the things some of you have said, but I won't drop to that level. I'm not here to do that.

Buckeye, I wouldn't think a stock & ragged out rental anything would be much fun, though with it being so light it may do better in the sand that you'd think. I know XJs have fairly harsh rides, and I'm sure going from your H2 to an XJ is not a pleasant experience.

Chris, you folks are the only ones saying that your vehicle is better than others, at least in this thread. I'm not saying my Jeep, or any other is better than any H2, go back and read my posts, see for yourself. The closest I said that a Jeep comes to "keeping up with an H2" was after heavy modification. So I don't see why you are getting upset.

Hummerdog, I don't exactly understand the point of your post. I have a vehicle that is a daily driver, I actually use my vehicle for things other than offroad as well. A scorpion is great for hardcore rockcrawlers & such, but that isn't my style, let alone street legal. No place for kids, dogs, or much cargo either. That aside, if you say it is the best offroad vehcile and cheaper than a jeep it would be ridiculous for one to try to "soup up" a jeep and think it is the best offroad vehicle ever. Again, I nevr said my 4x4 is the baddest offroad vehicle ever. Now, further going into what you said, if the scorpion is the baddest offroad vehicle ever and I wanted the baddest offroad vehicle ever it wouldn't make much sense for me to buy an H2 either, would it?

I invite those of you that think I am bashing your H2 to please go back and find any comment where I said my 4x4 is better, or that I think your h2 is garbage.

I can't help the way the public perceives you & your H2. Yes I'm sure your H2 has a better on road ride than a jeep, yes I know lots of you worked hard to be able to afford it and I'm not bashing any of you for that. If you want to ignore what I am saying and bring this to an arguement about which vehicle wheels better then go for it, I won't reply because it is a pointless arguement. If you want to ignore the fact that most of the average folks think an H2 is a too much, go ahead. But the fact remains that that is how the average person feels.

2 Big Broncos 4x4 Club

Dan
07-30-2003, 09:01 AM
I think the problem here is that H2 owners have become somewhat defensive due to all of the negative attention since its release. Everything from Huffington to some 4x4 club in Colorado. Unfortunately its taken its toll. I mean, how long can you listen to that crap before you get sick of it, right??

People who come here and troll are not welcome, period. People who come here and try to have a rational discussion about the shortcomings of the H2 are welcome but should be aware of the defensive attitude that has been cultivated by the media, etc.

Im not saying its right, in fact its a shame. But it exists. And I dont think any H2 owner would say they wouldn't like it all to go away.

There are a lot of good, level headed people here. Seems you're in a discussion with some who aren't warm to the topic. Move on I guess.

Like I said, most people here are great. But we do have our resident dorks too http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

- Dan

CO Hummer
07-30-2003, 04:44 PM
You hit the nail on the head when you say "ENVY". It's plain and simple the reason for all the bashing. I'm not suggesting that everyone wishes they owned an H2. A lot folks would much prefer to have a Jeep, Rover, whatever. They are simply envious of the ability to buy one. It's cleverly disguised in all the B.S. But when you strip it all down, that's the root cause. Of course, the response to my comment will then be "you're so arrogant...to think me envious of you". Arrogance has nothing to do with it. There is no other rational explanation. Every clan of vehicle owners has their share of bad ducks -- in the same proportion. However, you only see the H2 targeted so radically. Envy drives society - you see it everywhere. Politics are nearly 100% based on envy. Vote for me and I'll take his money and give it to you. It works. Brrrr refers to "the public" as perceiving us in a bad light. That same "public" is the one who votes for any politician (Bill Clinton, Al Gore) that promises to redistribute wealth. Why would we expect that the "public" would feel any different about us?

ItsaJeepThing95
07-30-2003, 05:11 PM
I'm gonna step in here and share my view on this.

I drive a modified Jeep Grand Cherokee. There are 3 other Grand's in my family, and one Cherokee.

Now, that being said, do I look down on my parents and sister for not beating the living crap out of their Jeep's on the trail like I chose to do? No, because I know the reasoning behind why they bought them. Without really knowing the person behind the wheel of whatever rig they're driving, we have no frickin' clue why they drive what they drive! I've helped several people put lifts on their vehicles, some to be used to wheel, some to just look cool. I originally didn't plan for my Jeep to EVER on anything but dirt roads, but over time that changed a just little bit, lol.

The biggest thing that I see between the Jeep crowd and the H2 crowd right now is ignorance. We assume we know why someone does what they do just by a few posts on the net. Assumptions can be pretty far off based on such little information.

Personally, I didn't expect to EVER see any H2's on the trail, but I found out that some of these guys do wheel! Now you ask why anyone would ever want to wheel in an $50,000 vehicle, I think its the same reason many Grand Cherokee's go wheeling, because we CAN.

I am kind of biased towards hard-core wheeling, or any off-road travel really. I think I would definately be able to identify with and get along with some who wheels their H2, but I'm sure the guys who don't wheel can be cool too.

In my book, if the t-case sees 4lo every once in a while, I'm cool with it. Last year I ran into some Kia Sportage's on Poison Spider Mesa out in Moab. My 1st though was WTF are they doing out here, but then I realized that they're just out here trying to do the same thing we are. Using our vehicle's capability to go places most vehicles sold today cannot go.

So that's my unorganized rambling of thoughts!

HUMMERDOGG
07-31-2003, 01:49 AM
brrrr-

"Think about that ... the average person. The average person can't afford to spend 50K on an H2 ... ot even the gas bill, so they assume that anyone that buys an H2 buys it for image, are wasteful & don't understand why you got an H2 not a suburban. I think most folks don't understand why a pickup truck, or a suburban can't do the same things for you utility wise. And I don't think the H2 puts off the image you folks think it does.... especially to the average person. Average people don't look at your H2 and think how cool you are. Average people think you are driving the biggest vehicle, with the worst gas mileage, taking up the most amout of parking space and trying to prove how successful you are by doing do. And yes, if you are using the biggest gas guzzler ever, as a daily driver, for driving yourself to work in these days of high arse gas prices, people are going to dislike you. I'm not trying to attack & it's nothing personal, thats just the way it is."

The problem with your statement above is that the majority of the audience here I would venture to guess isn't "average" and really doesn't care what the "average person" thinks. Hummer has done a study on the "typical buyer" of an H2 and to be quite honest with you I don't think the "typical buyer" is any where close to the "average person".

But, ulitmately, it comes down to the fact that the reason we (not speaking for myself but the rest of the majority here) own it is because we CAN... And that's the beautiful thing about it.

And additionally, don't tell me how the "average person" looks down on us for our ownership of an H2 and it's gas guzzling propensity. Keep in mind that it is the "average person's" fault, the voting public, who is to blame for not scrutinizing their own government when it comes to the Energy Policy.

It would be one thing if Congress and the President grew some nuts and attacked the energy crisis issue head on. You'll be very enlightened to learn that Congress and the President have been working on an energy policy to eliminate the American reliance on foreigh oil and natural gas since Richard Nixon was in office. So as a self-proclaimed advocate of the "average person", blame him and blame your congressman and president for the energy crisis we now face for having not taken care of the issue when it came to light 30 years ago.

(If you would like to read more on the issue of the energy crisis, pick up the 7/21/2003 issue of TIME. There is a great article that includes cries of injustice from the "average person"... and a nice picture of the H2 with a caption of "GAS GULPER".)

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*

BADRAP
07-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Well said once again HD.... You da man...

BADRAP
07-31-2003, 03:48 PM
I think that all things aside, this one needs to die out, it will get nasty and I know it already has, but it is on its way to getting worse...

NEGATE
08-01-2003, 10:20 PM
WOW, Ididn't think I was making a statment of my ranking in society, yearly income, driving habbits, and how I felt about the enviorment not to mention how I feel about others. I just thought the H2 looked bitchen. The FACT that it does well off road is a plushttp://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

NEGATE
08-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Brain fade, sorry

SOCAL XMER
08-08-2003, 04:25 PM
I have beed off roading with Steve R and I have seen what the H2 can and it is impressive.
I get tired of hearing about people bashing other rigs. You simply Wheel what you can afford.
The objective is to have fun and share offroading with others.

I want an H3!
XM satellite radio,killing AM and FM one sub at a time!

Spiffy
08-21-2003, 10:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alec W:
In conclusion: I have a $50,000 toy that I most probably overpaid for.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's your money, you earned it. Spend it and have fun. That is all that matters in the end.

2slo4now
08-30-2003, 03:47 AM
Wow what a thread

I remember when I was happy to own a 1973 Pontiac Bonneville clamshell tailgate wagon with rust spots all over it. It was transportation and I owned it. I was proud of my 1974 Ford f-100 with the gold centered bullet hole wheels. Mustangs, camaros, Vegas', bugs then came my first Jeep wrangler. I was proud of that Jeep. I fixed her up. I spent lot of time and alot of money "at the time" on 'er.

In that time in my life I had way more time than money. Now I have more money than time. Where in the past a $79 body lift and 8 hours of my hard work was the only way my stuff was going to get lifted. Now I order whatever I want and have employees install it for me.

Will my h2 go off road? doubtful but, they are building a house around the corner from me and sometimes a few clods of dirt get on the street. Therefore I believe that I am going to install a set of 37x13.5 Mickey Thompson Baja claw radial tires with the new MT beadlock wheels along with a some kind of a 4-6inch lift kit. A Magnacharger for that extra little oomph in case I need to clear that mud clod out of the tires, 2 winches one for the front and one for the back. While I'm at it I'll install a DVD player with surround sound and maybe 3 or 4 LCD screens so I can watch a movie in my air conditioned H2 after I use onStar to call a tow truck to pull me off this slick spot on the road because I just don't feel like getting out and using the winch.

Maybe I should have bought one of these instead of my "no off-roadin" H2.
http://www.lamborghini.com/

I am as Proud of my H2 as I was my 1973 clamshell Pontiac. If folks are proud of their jeeps thats great. I have customers that are damn proud of there suzuki sidekicks and geo trackers.

Who am I to judge another mans life and who is he to judge mine.

Dan from Alabama

SuperPoser
09-09-2003, 07:49 PM
don't worry about it...

in ttora (national tacoma club), jeep recovery vehical stickers are popular...

its all usually in good fun, I wheel with anyone as long as they are there to have a good time...

but it's always fun to show up a modded jeep with a stock taco ;o)

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm

argonaut
09-12-2003, 05:33 PM
or a modded taco with a stock H2... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5

jeep
11-17-2003, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Detonate:
It looks like pay back is a bitch. Someone vandilized one of thier jeeps.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=2dcd14d69919a2b048ded916eb67c3a4&threadid=33810&perpage=15&pagenumber=137

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
_Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder_[/Q

that isn't cool, he had nothin to do with it!

only in a jeep

5spd
11-18-2003, 02:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Will my h2 go off road? doubtful but, they are building a house around the corner from me and sometimes a few clods of dirt get on the street. Therefore I believe that I am going to install a set of 37x13.5 Mickey Thompson Baja claw radial tires with the new MT beadlock wheels along with a some kind of a 4-6inch lift kit. A Magnacharger for that extra little oomph in case I need to clear that mud clod out of the tires, 2 winches one for the front and one for the back. While I'm at it I'll install a DVD player with surround sound and maybe 3 or 4 LCD screens so I can watch a movie in my air conditioned H2 after I use onStar to call a tow truck to pull me off this slick spot on the road because I just don't feel like getting out and using the winch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That cracks me up http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif......good one!

My own belief is that most of the Hummer bashing is a bleed down from the original H1. So to say its a stigma that the H2 owners have to deal with, unfortunatly. The H1 was the standard at the time of over-excess.
I think that if there were'nt any H1s and just the H2 then there would be a totaly different outlook towards said vehicle.
I do not care what one owns or drives as long as it makes them comfortable, but everyone does not have that view. I like to wheel with anyone, no matter what they may take off road. A mixture of all types is much more fun.

Centerfire
11-19-2003, 06:19 PM
So I guess some people will take offense to the Sticker I put on my Daughters Honda Element
"H2 Escape Pod"... She thought it was absolutely a scream.. Her neighbor who owns one thought it was a slam to all Element owners. Oh well humor is humor or maybe not....

Mike

5spd
11-20-2003, 12:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Her neighbor who owns one thought it was a slam to all Element owners. Oh well humor is humor or maybe not....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some people just cant take a joke or even see the lite side of things in life.....to bad for them

Bryanccfshr
11-20-2003, 10:22 PM
I think there is way to much emphasis on what you drive. Get a vehicle that you like that you can put to good use and enjoy what you have.

Bryanccfshr
11-20-2003, 10:26 PM
I like the H2's as a concept but haven't had time to wheel with any. I expect to see more and more of them. The comming H3's will really be popular due to price so be prepared for what's to come.
Personally I am sick of where new trucks and SUV's are going with marketing ahead of engineering so I am in my last New vehicle.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pe0d16d99d24110df98f38dbd60d88d43/faa0c63f.jpg

SuperPoser
11-24-2003, 08:28 PM
fist off, check out pic's of my Offical Jeep Recovery Vehicle:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/95657650/95670656XIqZHR
http://community.webshots.com/photo/95657650/95670906aVJZwb
http://community.webshots.com/photo/95657650/95671293DChJPI

and also...

no matter what offroad brand you own, there are always jerks who own the same vehicle as you...
I have found from personal experience it's about 25%...
it goes for jeep's, yota's, h2's, s-10's, ranger's (yes even ford owners...lol)...
you get the picture...
there will always be people thinking they have God's gift to offroading, and if you don't have what they have, then you shouldn't be on their trails...

I led a jeep club a few weeks ago, and for a wile, the only 3 rigs who made it up a hill were my runner, a taco with open diffs and 32's, and a sweet locked jeep with 35's...

(after we got the 3 jeeps up who were having trouible a stock jeep with stock tires made it up like nothing...)

very halarious...lol

anyways...
just ignore the jerks, and laugh at them when they get stuck...lol
later,
Mike

SuperPoser
11-24-2003, 08:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
However, our last event was a desert run through sand washes, steep hills and long roads where we blasted through at speeds in excess of 60 mph. Trust me when I say a raised, short-wheelbased, SFA vehicle would not have kept up with us...not even close. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dang
sas or long travel ifs?
decisions decisions...

in my area, there are very very few areas to do high speed offroading, so sas'ing and building a rock crawlew is more efficient...
but a desert runner would be so sweet!!!

SuperPoser
11-24-2003, 08:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan:
But to go so far & say that the ones that never see dirt are all mall queens is a little short sighted. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are correct
an offroad capable vehicle which never sees dirt is a street queen, not a mall queen...lol

I make fun of one of my buddies all the time,
he had an awsome sas taco,
but sold it, and got an extra cab taco...
did an 8" ifs lift, and riced it out...
it is a major street queen...
(he recently put 35's on too...lol)

SuperPoser
11-24-2003, 08:52 PM
And yes, if you are using the biggest gas guzzler ever, as a daily driver, for driving yourself to work in these days of high arse gas prices, people are going to dislike you. I'm not trying to attack & it's nothing personal, thats just the way it is.

http://www.2bbdelta.org<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

a lot of wakkage in this post, a lot of bad spelling,
but just a fact I wanta point out...
I believe ford made some suv a few years ago that averaged 6mpg...
(note: I too am a bad speller, so you are forwarned for all my present, past, and future posts...lol)

SuperPoser
11-24-2003, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CO Hummer:
You hit the nail on the head when you say "ENVY". It's plain and simple the reason for all the bashing. I'm not suggesting that everyone wishes they owned an H2. A lot folks would much prefer to have a Jeep, Rover, whatever. They are simply envious of the ability to buy one. It's cleverly disguised in all the B.S. But when you strip it all down, that's the root cause. Of course, the response to my comment will then be "you're so arrogant...to think me envious of you". Arrogance has nothing to do with it. There is no other rational explanation. Every clan of vehicle owners has their share of bad ducks -- in the same proportion. However, you only see the H2 targeted so radically. Envy drives society - you see it everywhere. Politics are nearly 100% based on envy. Vote for me and I'll take his money and give it to you. It works. Brrrr refers to "the public" as perceiving us in a bad light. That same "public" is the one who votes for any politician (Bill Clinton, Al Gore) that promises to redistribute wealth. Why would we expect that the "public" would feel any different about us?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol
just 1 more semester still my masters, and then 2 more years till my PE...
then comes mo money mo money ....lol
jk

speaking of that type of thing..
I want an old cobra with the 427... hehe

when I can afford, I'll build a rig (or buy one), and trailer it to the trails...

thats after I have my cobra of course... hehe

Ted
11-25-2003, 01:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeE:
dang
sas or long travel ifs?
decisions decisions...

in my area, there are very very few areas to do high speed offroading, so sas'ing and building a rock crawlew is more efficient...
but a desert runner would be so sweet!!!

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think outside the box, be IFS Core, and go LT.

jeep
12-14-2003, 11:29 PM
i'll put an end to this..........Jeeps are better......there is nothing else to say.....don't respond to this statement because it is a fact.

only in a jeep

AlamoJim
12-15-2003, 12:49 AM
for cryin out loud...how did this get back to the top of the list? I drive a slightly modded jeep - I have wheeled with H1s and H2s...can a stock Jeep Rubicon outwheel an H2? can a stock H2 outwheel and H1? blah blah blah
I like to wheel with people who want to wheel - I don't care what you bring as long as you BRING IT TO WHEEL...period.
I like to say - if you can't afford to break it - don't follow me. Maybe you can afford more of a vehicle - that's cool. Class envy is reserved for those with no class. Everybody hates the Rich - but they still play the lotto.
Sure "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer" but that is because the Rich do what made them rich over and over - and the poor do the same...go figure.

this is a childish thread...it should have died back in July when it started.

SuperPoser
12-15-2003, 01:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeep:
i'll put an end to this..........Jeeps are better......there is nothing else to say.....don't respond to this statement because it is a fact.

only in a jeep<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh and point at you!
just for your info..
my stock '02 taco with open diffs and 31" road tires... has run with locked heeps with 35" MT's

and, Marshalls sas taco with 33s has out wheeled any jeep I have ever seen...
I have personally seen him out wheel locked jeeps with 35s and 38s...

(his rear diff is welded, his front was open the time he out wheeled the jeep with 38s and locked front and rear...)

SuperPoser
12-15-2003, 01:44 AM
I am still active in ttora, and ... a jeep club...lol
but I started my own club with a few friends

http://forums.delphiforums.com/rockssweatgears/start

so far, it's my 2 yotas, a blazer, and a bronco...

if any of you are in the ohio/pa/wv... area, join up...

SuperPoser
12-15-2003, 09:23 PM
I always bash heeps...
lol
I love wheeling with them, and showing them up ;o)
then I play sub with my taco... dive dive dive...lol

http://community.webshots.com/photo/67967914/67968299QLDWuy

I've been super busy with work and class (finals are finally over)
being an electrical engineering service engineer... I am on call 24/7, the week of thanksgiving on,I have had almost no free time...

it'll be worth it when I graduate this spring with my masters in electrical engineering...

(then I can look forward to the 2nd 8 hour exam to obtain my PE)

anyways...
back to wheeling,
my alt died on the way home from wellsville on the last trip, (it's a brand new one, so it was under warrenty, just took a wile to change out again...)

I'll probably be heading to wellsville this coming sunday, then sometime this winter, the taco is getting an LSD in the rear, a 2" bl, and probably some sort of 33" tire?...

later guys,
mike

OnlyUsedOnce
12-26-2003, 07:17 AM
"IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple." http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

4.0 pre-medical student, accepted to Geffen, UCLA, thank you very much. I was browsing, and just had to respond:
1974 Jeep Cherokee - STOCK:
109" Wheelbase
6.6liter (401cid) V8
GM TH400
Saginaw steering
GM power brakes - disc/drum
QuadraTrac Full Time 4wd (2.57:1 lo)
Solid Dana 44 front/rear, six lug [Wide track available post-'75]
Everything above the frame.
Very similar grill to the H2. Every time an H2 owner sees my grill, I get a very sour look. Did GM forget the AMC roots? HMMWV design started in '79, when AM General was still tied to AMC. Please don't forget that AM General was part of AMC, and although the H2 was not designed by Jeep, I feel they should be considered to be family by virtue of styling cues alone. Drive what you want to drive, just don't bash others based on what they drive alone. Makes no sense to me[LIST]?? Anyway, AMC=All Makes Combined. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
http://www.off-road.com/jeep/fsj/images/bigblue1.jpg **Borrowed photo, that is not my Jeep!**

Kevin B
12-26-2003, 06:05 PM
Why did you "borrow" the photo? With all tha edumocation I figure you could import a picture of your own jeep and post it.

P.S. why post such an ugly picture?http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AlamoJim
12-29-2003, 02:42 PM
and you wonder why some people get so uptight over the H2? I watched 2 H2 owners (one was bright green/chrome and lowered...ugh) sit in mall traffic side by side blocking both lanes for 5 minutes while they 'chatted' through the windows. and this is the day after x-mas with the mall packed out...
This is the kind of activity that gives ANY 4x4 owner a bad rap.

The difference between Genius and Stupidity?
Genius has limits...
http://www.sajeeps.com/images/sajeeps_banner.jpg (http://www.sajeeps.com)

SuperPoser
12-29-2003, 09:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlamoJim:
(one was bright green/chrome and lowered...ugh)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well for most people, that puts him in a certain steriotype right away...lol

got rice?

PARAGON
12-29-2003, 10:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OnlyUsedOnce:
"IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple." http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I hope your medical opinions will be more valid and less general than this ignorant remark. You do not gain intelligence from going to school (as you tried to point out), just knowledge, don't be so naive nor assume the members of this forum are.

Your post points to your lack of class, your age to your lack of accomplishment in life and your ignorance displays your lack of intelligence, so I guess you were saying that H2 owners are more intelligent, accomplished individuals.

By the way you pointed out 3 things not "a couple." Better learn to count before medical school starts up.

OnlyUsedOnce
12-29-2003, 10:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Wow!! Just spent a few minutes reading through their ramblings. Can you say jealous? IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OnlyUsedOnce
12-29-2003, 10:10 PM
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=9526053822&m=4316036973

SuperPoser
12-29-2003, 11:19 PM
OnlyUsedOnce,

sorry if I am just a moron, but what were you impling in your 2 posts?

if you are pointing to this: "IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple."

I dissagree with that statement...
last weekend I went to wellsville for a day filled with trail carnage...
all 3 of us were electrical engineers who seem to be doing well for ourselves...lol

I took my offroad rig which is an '86 4runner, and the other guys had a jeep...

if you want to compare brains... I'm sure you can spell better than I, but I am sure I have greater ability than you in some areas...

if everyone were the same, life would be boring... and there wouldn't be any jeeps for me to pull out of the woods...lol (see link belowhttp://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://community.webshots.com/album/107006954BUxNwW

OnlyUsedOnce
12-30-2003, 05:17 AM
Guys, sorry if that was cryptic. No, I do not agree with the above quote, which was originally posted by DRTYFN, not me. Paragon, direct your statements to DRTYFN and notice that there were quotations around the original quote in my first post. Quotation marks usually signify that the text within them is a quote. Notice I put a sad face next to the quote, because I did not agree with it. I do agree that it is an ignorant remark. Paragon, don't be so quick to jump on people and attack them. For such a professional, you are quick to insult others - not the kind of guy I would want for my physician or dentist. Naive - of course - I am young, and only know what I have experienced so far, which is not much! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I have not "been around the block," but wisdom should come with age and experience, which I, like most people, am slowly gaining as I progress through academia. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

SONA
01-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Wow this sure got off topic...

"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid." "Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life

SuperPoser
01-07-2004, 11:43 PM
indeed

http://community.webshots.com/user/rock789

DiscoDancingRover
01-08-2004, 12:19 AM
I like H2 owners over Jeep owners. Jeep people just ask "why didn't you buy a jeep" or "you should have gotten a jeep". But my experence with H2 people is that they are good nice people. And don't give me **** really. The ones I have met at least.

AlamoJim
01-08-2004, 12:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DiscoDancingRover:
I like H2 owners over Jeep owners. Jeep people just ask "why didn't you buy a jeep" or "you should have gotten a jeep". But my experence with H2 people is that they are good nice people. And don't give me **** really. The ones I have met at least.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
thanks man...no really.
if you ever see the video of the H2s in San Antonio...I am the one with the bandana.

Genius has limits...

DiscoDancingRover
01-08-2004, 12:46 AM
It is my experence wheeling with the ones I don't know. That has happened to me 2 times out of 2 times. Not saying all jeep owners are like that just what i have met. And the video, you mean the one that was really shaky? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DiscoDancingRover
01-08-2004, 12:54 AM
seth you don't own an h2, that is joyce's...http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AlamoJim
01-08-2004, 02:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DiscoDancingRover:
And the video, you mean the one that was really shaky? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seth was having some sort of withdrawals...

Genius has limits...

AlamoJim
01-08-2004, 02:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jnsfox:
Chris I know you got harassed by some jeepers a while back, but that reflects on the rednecks driving them, not their rigs or others that drive those types of rigs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

zactly...
Guns don't kill people...
It's their slow reactions that get them killed!

Genius has limits...

Navigator
03-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Buy a Decal (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50447&item=2465310486)

Rich

04 H2 Adventure Series (http://archeryproshop.com/hummer.htm)

DRTYFN
03-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Ok... so all of the people that I pulled out during our snowstorm in January have to put on stickers that say:

I GOT SAVED BY AN H2

From now on when I pull someone out I'm going to make it a huge photo-op and then start a "Saved By Hummer" topic. Then we can go around and post links to the topic in all of the smartasses' sites. We'll fix their little red wagons.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jarbot
04-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Honestly,.. i found this by accident but i am definetly a jeep TJ owner and couldnt be happier,... two of my buddies drive H2's and im totally not impressed (coincidently i snow board and they ski,..... ) (i fly helicopters,, they fly jets)

so anyway my point is H2's dont give much for their cost,.. by a stock jeep and you can pump it up to 10 times better than any H2,.. now H1's on the other hand are totally worth it,.. i'm a marine and spent plenty of time in one and they are very capable,... pluss if i can get his pic to link,... nuff said,.. jeeps are better than H2's

jarbot_usmc@hotmail.com
hell email me with any questions or concerns,...

jarbot
04-13-2005, 04:16 PM
damnn this thread was from a year ago,.... ooops i guess i should have let it go,....

jarbot
04-13-2005, 04:23 PM
NUFF SAID

Check this out
http://host1.cj-8.com/

Mr. I - Man
04-13-2005, 04:39 PM
I smell a wannabe Jarhead troll!

SuperPoser
04-13-2005, 04:55 PM
jarbot, what are you doing with a heep? I've pulled out so many stuck jeeps that I have lost count!
funny thing is... if I am stuck, I don't really care if it's a jeep, a taco, or an h2...
the point is you have fun offroading...
Mike

h2co-pilot
04-13-2005, 10:23 PM
That picture is crap. No way the H2 got stuck right there. Look at all the idiots taking pictures. "Hook up the tow strap, heehee" http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Is this jealousy or bitterness we are feeling today Sir?

Fender bender w/ a Hummer = OWNAGE. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

h2co-pilot
04-13-2005, 10:34 PM
The other involved vehicle -

h2co-pilot
04-13-2005, 10:48 PM
jeep chick...

h2co-pilot
04-13-2005, 10:50 PM
HUMMER chick.....nuff said.

SuperPoser
04-13-2005, 11:33 PM
h2co-pilot,
thoes photo's are real... he got hung up, and apparently didn't know how to drive...
if you can't drive, you can be in a rock buggy and still get stuck...
as for the h2 chick, she looks a little stoned...lol
I think this durango chick is hot as heck, and not slutty: http://www.flynhi.com/FST/durango/alicia49s.jpg
http://www.flynhi.com/FST/durango/alicia49s.jpg

h2co-pilot
04-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Good call on my Hummer girl, it's the only one I had on hand. I don't know about the Durango chick- she could use some powder, but she isn't slutty. That Durango is pretty sweet!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That pic can't be real. That's a shame. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SuperPoser
04-13-2005, 11:54 PM
indeed, that durango could run over my taco with room to flex ... lol

h2co-pilot
04-13-2005, 11:57 PM
What is a taco?

I googled it and everything. I really don't know.

h2co-pilot
04-14-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm sorry Mike, I know.... it's a Toyota!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I asked my husband what a taco was and at first he said "A vagina" Then I was really confused.

Then when I told him it was on the forum he told me. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I'm sorry. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SuperPoser
04-14-2005, 01:15 AM
it's cool

http://community.webshots.com/photo/172671454/172683304GjlAaA

there's my taco posing on a stump at paragon's rock swamp...

I don't wheel as much as I used to since I am back into motorcycles now...
have a good evening,
Mike

KenP
04-14-2005, 05:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
I'm sorry Mike, I know.... it's a Toyota!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I asked my husband what a taco was and at first he said "A vagina" Then I was really confused.

Then when I told him it was on the forum he told me. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I'm sorry. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>NO, I said ANgina. sheez... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

h2co-pilot
04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Nice truck (taco http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) Mike, it looks like a lot of fun. I'm going to Paragon in 2 weeks and I can't wait. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kenny your such a little liar. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SuperPoser
04-14-2005, 12:49 PM
thanks h2co-pilot,
do you have any photos of your rig?

Rock Swamp if a fun short trail, although stockers don't have problems as long as they have a spotter...

I usually stay on the blues, although I did try a black, I didn't make it thru the whole thing... maybe next time ;o)

have a blast at paragon,
Mike

h2co-pilot
04-14-2005, 01:56 PM
I don't have one of my own but this is ours at Paragon last year...I had to get out a couple of times and slide down. It can be scary sometimes. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif But it's fun, I like the camping too.

SuperPoser
04-14-2005, 11:05 PM
nice h2,
on which trail was that photo taken?

have a great weekend,
Mike

KenP
04-15-2005, 01:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeE:
nice h2,
on which trail was that photo taken?

have a great weekend,
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't know. We had to keep up with BRKLYN. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Never had a chance to look at a map. Here's another, maybe you can tell.

DRTYFN
04-17-2005, 09:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
What is a furry taco?

I googled it and everything. I really don't know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've seen them in the WoodShed.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

h2co-pilot
04-18-2005, 12:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:

I like sausage in the WoodShed.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm..eeeeyyyuuu! That's disheartening, especially after being so manly at Moab. Welcome back! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pinhead
06-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Most JEEP owners dislike H2 as much as Sierra club.

2002TJ
08-16-2005, 11:16 PM
whats the sierra club?

http://www.jeep-trails.com/images/Video/Hummers_Suck.wmv