PDA

View Full Version : DRL'S Wont Turn Off

1 bad h2
02-10-2003, 11:20 PM
this just started this afternoon my drl's wont turn off even while my headlights are on.
and when i use my left signal the drl's flash with my signal light.Does anybody know how i can turn them off not to run down the battery?there staying on even after i lock the h2.
please help

1 bad h2
02-10-2003, 11:20 PM
this just started this afternoon my drl's wont turn off even while my headlights are on.
and when i use my left signal the drl's flash with my signal light.Does anybody know how i can turn them off not to run down the battery?there staying on even after i lock the h2.
please help

TG
02-11-2003, 12:27 AM
Wow, sounds like you need a visit to your local Hummer Dealer to get your electrical system checked out. The H2 has an auto shut-off system that prevents battery drain, this feature will kick in after about 30 min. If you have not been in your Hummer lately, go out and see if power shut-off system has activated.

oc192
02-11-2003, 01:36 PM
1badh2,

Have you added any accessories to the electrical system like lights, dvd, nav, screens???

03 H2
02 Viper GTS
02 Z71 Suburban
98 Harley Davidson FLSTF

Klaus
02-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Could be a stuck relay in the underhood fuse box. You can swap out the relays to test it. The DRL, low beam headight, and high beam headlight relays are the same. They can be interchanged.

My high beam relay was bad from the factory. At night, I switched on my high beams, and lost my headlights! I swapped the relays and found the bad one. The relays are standard GM. Chevy dealers stock them.

Klaus

Klaus
02-11-2003, 03:02 PM
After re-reading the post, it sounds more like a bad ground. At any rate, a dealer visit is in order!

buddy
02-11-2003, 05:19 PM
It could be a stuck relay. I had one stick on high beam once and had to out of traffic to remove it.