PDA

View Full Version : Clicking sound when engine shuts off

BlackH2Lux
01-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Hello all,

When I turn my engine off I hear a clicking sound from the back of the H2, kida like a ratchet. Its not a cooling metal clicking. Any word on this one or anyone else hear it? Is the the air suspension expelling and lowering? Thanks

2003 Black H2 Lux

BlackH2Lux
01-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Hello all,

When I turn my engine off I hear a clicking sound from the back of the H2, kida like a ratchet. Its not a cooling metal clicking. Any word on this one or anyone else hear it? Is the the air suspension expelling and lowering? Thanks

2003 Black H2 Lux

DRTYFN
01-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Don't worry about it. It's just the air suspension leveling itself.

"I smell varmint poontang."

Steve R
01-31-2003, 05:53 AM
I concur with Drtyfn, it's just your air-suspension letting off a bit of steam....ain't nothing to worry about, kinda cool actually. Oh yeah....and Ernie is full of crap (did I phrase that right Drtyfn?)

02-01-2003, 02:19 AM
I'm not so sure about the air suspension. I too have these sounds without the air suspension on my H2. I assumed the clicking sound was from the side steps.

DRTYFN
02-01-2003, 04:10 PM
It could also be the heat shield around your muffler cooling down. Get a creeper and crawl under there to listen. You'll be amazed at the beautiful under-side of the H2. You should familiarize yourself with the complete vehicle, not just the shiny side, so that in the event you go trail crawling you'll know where your H2's hi/low spots are. You should check out the underside after an adventure to look for sticks and rocks that might have become lodged in the undercarraige or suspension. I know first hand about debris(mud) and the air suspension sensors.

"I smell varmint poontang."

Texas Red
02-03-2003, 12:05 AM
There's a definite difference between the clicking sound from the air-suspension system and heat cool-down pops. My clicking is from the air-suspension system.

JJ
02-03-2003, 01:03 AM
plenty of clicking coming from my air suspension system as well...

JJ

PARAGON
02-17-2003, 03:05 PM
The clicking sound from the air suspension is the system “unloading” the air. It seems to be doing it in “steps” and that is the clicking sound you are hearing. I would assume the clicking is from some type of solenoid that clicks when power is applied to it to gradually let the air out of the suspension.