PDA

View Full Version : KPH Conversion

markw
05-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Hi,

I'd like to convert my H2 MPH speedo to KPH by changing the faceplate. Has anyone done this? Is an OEM KPH faceplate available to do this. If so does anyone know the GM part #?

Thanks,
Mark.

markw
Hi,

I'd like to convert my H2 MPH speedo to KPH by changing the faceplate. Has anyone done this? Is an OEM KPH faceplate available to do this. If so does anyone know the GM part #?

Thanks,
Mark.

markw
Hi,

Thanks,
Mark.

HOHOH2
05-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Try contacting a Canadian dealer eg. Roy Foss Motors in Toronto Canada.

markw
05-06-2004, 02:29 AM
Hi HOHOH2,

thanks for your suggestion...

I contacted Roy Foss Motors. They were very quick to respond and helpful, but said that although they can supply a new KPH instrument cluster the old cluster needs to be shipped back to them (to check the mileage I presume). The cost of the new cluster plus 2 way shipping between Canada and Japan means it works out a pretty expensive solution. They said that unfortunately they can't supply only the KPH faceplate.

So, I can't justify the expense of replacing the whole instrument cluster, but would still be interested in just changing the faceplate myself (if someone knows where I can get a KPH faceplate from?).

I actually saw a MPH H2 faceplate on Ebay and contacted the seller as they said that they had converted their H2 to KPH. I asked where they purchased their KPH faceplate from, but didn't get a response...

Thanks,
Mark.