PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Law/ Product Liability?

khiarrr
04-20-2005, 03:12 AM
In California the Lemon Law is 18 months, I heard.

If the dealer can't fix a problem by the third time, and the car doesn't qualify as a lemon, what can be done?

A lawyer I talked to said it's a Product Liability suit.

khiarrr
04-20-2005, 03:12 AM

If the dealer can't fix a problem by the third time, and the car doesn't qualify as a lemon, what can be done?

A lawyer I talked to said it's a Product Liability suit.

LasVegas
04-20-2005, 03:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by khiarrr:

A lawyer I talked to said it's a Product Liability suit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not hardly. You need a new lawyer.

khiarrr
04-20-2005, 03:22 AM
Ya I found it hard to believe too...

I'll probably just take it to a different dealer.

Beastmaster
04-20-2005, 03:58 AM
And the problem is?

NJ H2
04-20-2005, 05:40 AM
There are quite a few reasons why a car may be a lemon. For instance, the amount of day's during a specific period of time that it's in the shop being repaired. You can check out more info here: www.lemonlaw.com (http://www.lemonlaw.com)
One option is that the manufacturer can offer you a $ settlement to keep the car.
I am not sure if they are in CA but you may find some valuable info there.
1-800-LEMON LAW

khiarrr
04-26-2005, 02:10 AM
I reported a complaint to the Better Business Bureau for an arbitration after the 5th time at the dealer...

timgco
04-26-2005, 01:10 PM
5th time for what? What isn't getting fixed on the truck? Also their is now a loop hole for getting lemmon law. Your problem(s) need to be worded exactly the same way word for word and also for dates of out of service must be within a certain time frame. I got lemon law on a chevy Avalanche which I bought in WI and it took 3 months to get payment. It was very hard to get. Good luck. Let us know what issues you are having and waht dealer you are working with. many here have gone through different issues and people here have helped.

khiarrr
04-26-2005, 07:19 PM
I took the car in to the dealer 5 times already for water flooding. I didn't even think the lemon law would work at all, so I went through the Better Business Bureau for an arbitration. I requested that my car be replaced with a new one, or my money be refunded.

If it falls through, I want to get a Black 2005 Lux series.. Any suggestions or commens?

BlingBlingH2
04-26-2005, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by khiarrr:
I took the car in to the dealer 5 times already for water flooding. I didn't even think the lemon law would work at all, so I went through the Better Business Bureau for an arbitration. I requested that my car be replaced with a new one, or my money be refunded.

If it falls through, I want to get a Black 2005 Lux series.. Any suggestions or commens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yo dawg, i gots a great suggestion mang... get yo money back fo dat GM H2 and buy something else, fo real mofo, anything else is better den dat GM H2 trash heap, sucka.

h2co-pilot
04-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Just disregard that last post Khiarrr, he is the house Thug, I took that picture right before I put him in my trunk. When I put my laptop in the back seat he worms his fingers out and types every now and then ( he's a little bitter), just keep scrolling.

Allen
04-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Look how SHORT Bling Bling H2 is...Kinda small isn't he http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

khiarrr
04-27-2005, 12:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlingBlingH2:

yo dawg, i gots a great suggestion mang... get yo money back fo dat GM H2 and buy something else, fo real mofo, anything else is better den dat GM H2 trash heap, sucka. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yo homie, lemme tell u somethin mayn... y dont u shut the hell up and go to a website sellin ur cheapass, fakeass rims, and those bangin' taillights. Ya those are tight son..
Next time you're looking for a used piece of **** car, I know a guy that can steal one for u.. wait - ur pretty good at that, aren't u?
The only reason you're on this website is because you love Hummers and you're probably looking to buy one for the 2,000 that you've saved up over a few years.

He is pretty short, do you think he can see over his steering wheel? Or reach the gas pedal at that?

khiarrr
04-27-2005, 01:53 AM
Has anybody else gone through arbitration with the Better Business Bureau?

What can be expected?

h2co-pilot
04-27-2005, 10:41 AM

yo homie, lemme tell u somethin mayn... y dont u shut the hell up and go to a website sellin ur cheapass, fakeass rims, and those bangin' taillights. Ya those are tight son..
Next time you're looking for a used piece of **** car, I know a guy that can steal one for u.. wait - ur pretty good at that, aren't u?
The only reason you're on this website is because you love Hummers and you're probably looking to buy one for the 2,000 that you've saved up over a few years.

He is pretty short, do you think he can see over his steering wheel? Or reach the gas pedal at that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice Khiarrr, I'm quite proud. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif He is short- kinda looks like Martin's under-developed twin. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I have never filed one myself but it is fairly quick and inexpensive process under provincial law. THough it has to be be carried out after all voluntary means have been exploited- mediation etc.. in most cases. The arbitrator(s) decision is legally binding and is enforcable in a court . The hearings are informal but a lawyer may be present on either side. The decision will be submitted no later that 10 days. Have you heard back on it yet? What state are you filing it in?

khiarrr
04-27-2005, 07:39 PM
I filed the complaint/file on Monday... They called me back and said they'll call on the 7th day, which will be Monday the 2nd.
I'm in California. It's up to me to accept or reject the arbitrator's decision, right?

h2co-pilot
04-27-2005, 08:01 PM
This is a website that should help you out:

http://www.dr.bbb.org/autoline/carules.asp#29

You are probably familiar with it already. I am unsure if you have the option to accept or reject. It is a state matter.

usetosellhummer
04-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Did you call GM/HUMMER direct? They will help if you just stay on them. If you didn't use the work law errr they want to make you happy. I had to eat a sheeet load of dough to trade out someone with tranny problems. the BBB don't mean nothin. Call the AG and the dealer will call you back fast.

KenP
04-27-2005, 10:45 PM
This water issue with your truck makes me think you are dealing with some serious idiots. Try referring them to this web site for directions on how to fix it.